Which Players from the Chipper hit the Portal this week?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Which Players from the Chipper hit the Portal this week?

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:18 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:13 pm
Methinks that McDowell has been told he isn't in the Griz plans for their starting QB in 2024.
That’s what I’m hearing, but that won’t stop UM fans from destroying him on Facebook.

Well, it’s gone now for some reason. Typical UM trash doing what they do best when it was up.

📸 Look at this post on Facebook

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:24 am

nanacat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:48 am
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:23 am
Griz fans are pretty damn funny sometimes. When the Cats lost starters to the portal, their headline was "something is wrong internally in the Bobcat program".
They lose their starting QB two days after the natty, and it's "we must be getting a big name transfer in and McDougal knew it" 😆
Haha I had to look over there too. What you said, plus a few stating he wasn't that good anyway, and Ah Yat is the coach's guy moving forward.
The group of Gris fans on social media saying he sucked but upset at him for leaving is just weird. If he sucks, wouldn’t you be happy he’s leaving?

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:28 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:58 am
This will be Micky D's 5th (6th if you count the verbal to Southern) team in his career. Greener grass elsewhere type of guy. My opinion is he sees his success this year as a way to leverage a FBS starting job and then the NFL. How much do you want to bet a year from now, where ever he is and however the season went we see a McKay type announcement declaring for the NFL draft with a near zero shot of getting one. I highly doubt his declaration has anything to do with coaching telling him he's #2 next season or an incoming transfer. This is about what or where he is going.
Sean Chambers and Tommy Mellott have better chances at an NFL camp invitation over McDowell IMO. An NFL DC would figure out his only accurate pass is a 10-yard out to the right sideline or a 50/50 ball down the left sideline, and that he almost always scrambles right (and slowly), and Heathcliff would be clueless of what to do other than try and run up the middle and get sacked.

What a ride

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by nanacat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:35 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:24 am
nanacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Griz fans are pretty damn funny sometimes. When the Cats lost starters to the portal, their headline was "something is wrong internally in the Bobcat program".
They lose their starting QB two days after the natty, and it's "we must be getting a big name transfer in and McDougal knew it" 😆
Haha I had to look over there too. What you said, plus a few stating he wasn't that good anyway, and Ah Yat is the coach's guy moving forward.
The group of Gris fans on social media saying he sucked but upset at him for leaving is just weird. If he sucks, wouldn’t you be happy he’s leaving?
Exactly! And what you said earlier too about him getting them to the NC. He had a good season once Bobby made him the starter. Honestly I expected to see Vidlak enter the portal before the Irish lad. As another poster mentioned, he has a McKay vibe about him though.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:52 am

nanacat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:35 am
PapaG wrote:
nanacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Exactly! And what you said earlier too about him getting them to the NC. He had a good season once Bobby made him the starter. Honestly I expected to see Vidlak enter the portal before the Irish lad. As another poster mentioned, he has a McKay vibe about him though.
When the Bobcat guys hit the portal I didn’t see fans calling out their ability while also calling them disloyal. They’re good players, so some are understandingly mad they left even though I feel different about it, but we can all agree they contributed to many. I did see someone post about Valdez taking plays off, which I never saw, and that’s questioning Sebastian’s integrity but it was only one bitter poster and not a large subset.

Meanwhile, Gris fans who maybe played 6-man in Rapelje are saying the QB who led them to a #2 seed and title game won’t be missed at all yet he’s also disloyal for leaving.

egris really does represent the majority of that fanbase.

What a ride

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:58 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:52 am
nanacat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
nanacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
When the Bobcat guys hit the portal I didn’t see fans calling out their ability while also calling them disloyal. They’re good players, so some are understandingly mad they left even though I feel different about it, but we can all agree they contributed to many. I did see someone post about Valdez taking plays off, which I never saw, and that’s questioning Sebastian’s integrity but it was only one bitter poster and not a large subset.

Meanwhile, Gris fans who maybe played 6-man in Rapelje are saying the QB who led them to a #2 seed and title game won’t be missed at all yet he’s also disloyal for leaving.

Ya, funny stuff for sure.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:17 am

<url>

Noted blow hard and usually more wrong than right Andrew ****** going with the "He didn't dump us, we broke up with him" jaded ex approach. Seriously, its comedic at this point.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:11 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:17 am
<url>

Noted blow hard and usually more wrong than right Andrew ****** going with the "He didn't dump us, we broke up with him" jaded ex approach. Seriously, its comedic at this point.
First off, if we all here knew McDowell has another year, how didn’t this Gris “expert?”

That said, I think they want a potential 3 years of a higher-ceiling Ah Yat versus one more of a limited and peaked McDowell. I posted earlier but this happened to Darron Thomas at Oregon after the BCS championship game because Chip Kelly knew he had Marcus Mariota ready to start the next season for at least three seasons. Not saying that is Ah Yat’s relative level or ceiling, but he did show poise when playing this year as a true freshman.

What a ride

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:35 pm

One good thing about all this as a Cat fan, is there is ZERO chance this departure is good for the Griz overall. Zero. I've sad all along it's not like he was a phenomenal QB, but he played with poise, clutched up in the plays where a big play was needed, was a tough runner, and found ways to win. Kind of like John Edwards. I mean that run they went on with him running the show after the loss at NAU was nothing short of spectacular. So if he left to chase NIL money, Griz will have to hope they can find a new leader at QB as effective as CM was. If there's truth he was pushed out in the exit interview..... well that's even better. It means Bobby thinks Ah-Yat is THE ONE and he's putting all his eggs in one basket. Or, it means he's going to bring in some stud transfer. Again, Good... his track record isn't good. Maybe he'll bring in another Chris Brown, or that rising star that ended up transferring to NAU, or maybe a VIdlack? Remember when all these players were supposed to be the next super stars?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:54 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:12 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:50 am
Sounds like Cliff got a NIL deal to Nebraska?
Where did you see that? I am a Husker fan and I don't think they need to add another QB that badly.
ejizz

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:12 pm

Love this from Jaxon. Getting a Montana born kid to transfer from one of these programs is a challenging endeavor! As Marcus Wehr stated, it would take a literal "barrel of money" for him to leave.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:10 pm

Saw Gilman's brother committed to the gris. Guess that means he's staying.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:27 am

Is today or tomorrow the last day Jacks or gris players can enter the portal?

Hating the griz since 02.

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1890Griz » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:22 am

PapaG wrote:
nanacat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
nanacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Although, I do remember seeing MSU players trash Kade Cutler after he transferred to UM a few weeks ago.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:32 am

1890Griz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:22 am

Although, I do remember seeing MSU players trash Kade Cutler after he transferred to UM a few weeks ago.
He transfers to any other program at any level, and the reaction is much different.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:38 am

nanacat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:10 pm
Saw Gilman's brother committed to the gris. Guess that means he's staying.
I guess that’s one way to get a kid to stay. Too bad his little brother can’t even get on the rides at the county fair.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

justafan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by justafan » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:08 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:27 am
I guess the gris players are loyal to their coach (coaches) only one gris entered..I figured there would be more. as much as booby is an ass he has player loyalty so he must be treating them better than it appears.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:13 pm

justafan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:08 pm
CodyCat wrote:
I guess the gris players are loyal to their coach (coaches) only one gris entered..I figured there would be more. as much as booby is an ass he has player loyalty so he must be treating them better than it appears.
They still have a couple days and I assume there will be more. I have never heard of anyone saying that he doesn't treat his players good. I think kids love playing for the guy.

That said, I don't think that's what the portal is about anyway. Sure some guys will leave because they are unhappy. Others leave for playing time. But I think in the case of our players it had more to do with them getting better opportunites (money) and playing at a bigger program than anything to do with loyalty.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:47 pm

PapaG wrote:
nanacat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
nanacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Not bitter at all, but I trust a certain 30-year NFL defensive line coach's opinion over yours.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:42 pm

justafan wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:08 pm
CodyCat wrote:
The day is not over yet……. Me heard some news from a little birdie…. Might be seeing something this afternoon.

FTG- GO CATS GO!