Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GeauxCats41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by GeauxCats41 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:47 am

Saw a tweet this morning:

“I’m glad I was wrong about Troy Andersen”

Can we say we told you, now?

RyeCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RyeCat » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:28 am

JDoub wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:18 am
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:15 pm
CascadeCat wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:10 pm
Maybe the naysayers in Atlanta will pull their heads out and recognize a great athlete now!
What have you seen? All the comments I have read and responses Ive had in posts have been very positive.
When they drafted Troy instead of hometown Georgia Bulldog Nakobe Dean: Falcons twitter kinda went sour:

@TomFornelli
Troy Andersen ahead of Nakobe Dean. I don’t get it.
@LastOfTheBreed2
#Falcons leave Nakobe Dean on the Board for Troy Andersen. Troy doesn’t even make the trip to Detroit. Hooray for our draft gurus!!!
@GrindingMocks
Troy Andersen over Nakobe Dean? What did he ever do to deserve this? The Jabril Cox of 2022?
@cjogara
"Troy Andersen."
If I were Nakobe Dean, that would've been the point in the night when I would've punched a hole through the wall.
Why his slide was equal parts maddening and ridiculous, especially for those who actually watched him play football
@AdamLuckettKSR
Troy Andersen (I like him, he has potential) over Nakobe Dean is absolutely wild.
@KenyaFouch
Troy Andersen over Nakobe Dean? 🤨 C’Mon #DirtyBirds 🙄
@ThaddeusMitche6
Replying to
@KenyaFouch
I said the same thing. WTF is up with our front office bro ???
@4elite_lou
I’m no GM but how you pick Troy Andersen over Nakobe Dean. Somebody make it make sense. I try loving my Falcons so much but damn

and on and on it went
And Dean has hardly seen the field for the Eagles

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:00 am

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:11 am

It's tough to compare Andersen to Dean right now since Troy is on a rebuilding team and Dean happens to be playing for the only undefeated team left in the NFL. I think both will be very good NFL players. I also think Troy will be better, which given their draft positions most NFL teams also seemed to realize going into the draft.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:43 am

Did anyone see Troy’s game yesterday? I only looked at the box score and he only had one tackle. Kinda surprised me a little. Did a little research and he only played 6 snaps.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:46 am

When the other LBs are healthy, Troy pretty much only plays STs. Damn near got another punt block.

tdub

Post by tdub » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:47 am

CatBot wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:46 am
When the other LBs are healthy, Troy is pretty much only plays STs. Damn near got another punt block.
Ok, I was worried maybe he got dinged up. Glad he didn’t and his team is now leading the division! I was going through game photos and saw the one with him diving for the block.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:49 am

tdub wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:47 am
CatBot wrote:
When the other LBs are healthy, Troy is pretty much only plays STs. Damn near got another punt block.
Ok, I was worried maybe he got dinged up. Glad he didn’t and his team is now leading the division! I was going through game photos and saw the one with him diving for the block.
He played in the prevent. on the last play of the game he was in Center field playing spy on the QB. As he broke for the run, Troy closed the distance and forced the long pass.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

tdub

Post by tdub » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:17 am

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:49 am
tdub wrote:
CatBot wrote:
He played in the prevent. on the last play of the game he was in Center field playing spy on the QB. As he broke for the run, Troy closed the distance and forced the long pass.
\:D/

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:23 am

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:49 am
tdub wrote:
CatBot wrote:
Even without looking at his number he was instantly recognizable on that play. Once he gets more time at the position he's going to be really dangerous.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:05 pm

I don’t about the rest of Bobcat Nation but I was born a Bronco/ Bobcat fan but my closet has a lot of Red & Black Falcon attire lately.. looks really good with the Blue & Gold..just sayin…

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:16 pm

BFcatfan wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:05 pm
I don’t about the rest of Bobcat Nation but I was born a Bronco/ Bobcat fan but my closet has a lot of Red & Black Falcon attire lately.. looks really good with the Blue & Gold..just sayin…
Yup! I'm a Vikings fan. But I've been sporting my #44 Falcons shirt every Sunday this season! I just wish they had more games available on TV in our market.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:34 am

They gave up 34 points to a bad team. The Falcons aren’t paying Mykal Walker starter money and Troy is a better player. Their defense is not good when Troy isn’t on the field. Not really understanding why he didn’t get more snaps.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:59 am

PapaG wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:34 am
They gave up 34 points to a bad team. The Falcons aren’t paying Mykal Walker starter money and Troy is a better player. Their defense is not good when Troy isn’t on the field. Not really understanding why he didn’t get more snaps.
Most football coaches are conservative in terms of their approach to risk. They value continuity and experience over potential.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:02 pm

Saw a video shared on FB of a little kid from Roy, MT whose parents took him to Atlanta to watch Troy play. He had a sign about #44, and Troy signed an autograph for him, fist bumped him and wished him a Happy Birthday. It was pretty cool! That kid will never forget this birthday!!

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:09 pm

nanacat wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:02 pm
Saw a video shared on FB of a little kid from Roy, MT whose parents took him to Atlanta to watch Troy play. He had a sign about #44, and Troy signed an autograph for him, fist bumped him and wished him a Happy Birthday. It was pretty cool! That kid will never forget this birthday!!
Know him well. Made his whole life. Kudos to Troy!

St George

Post by St George » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:41 pm

People ask me which pro team I cheer for: My answer is any team that has a Bobcat playing for them. this year is tough because there is Denver, LA, New Orleans, Falcons and the Seahawks. If there are any I missed let me know so I can cheer for them too.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:44 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:09 pm
nanacat wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:02 pm
Know him well. Made his whole life. Kudos to Troy!
Ya that was pretty sweet!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:28 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:56 am

Great interview! But..don't ask a MT rancher how many cows he has. Major faux pas. It's like asking a person when you meet them, hey, what's your net worth, bank roll, and how many $$$ you got in your pocket?? You can hear Troy awkwardly pause on that question.