Could we go to the Husky Well 1 more time?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Could we go to the Husky Well 1 more time?

Post by superbobcat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Washington QB Jake Haener Is transferring. Do we dare pick up the phone? =; :-k

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Could we go to the Husky Well 1 more time?

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Tough to transfer this late and earn a starting role. I would assume he goes the JC route.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Nope. Or we lose all quarterbacks on the roster except Troy.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Go get him... It's going to be real apparent that we need someone in a couple short weeks.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:18 am

seataccat wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 pm
Go get him... It's going to be real apparent that we need someone in a couple short weeks.
Why?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:18 am
seataccat wrote:
Why?
I hope all the people that are putting down the QBs on our roster will come back to this site in a few weeks and admit they were wrong. If we completely bomb at the QB position and end up moving TA back there as some have suggested, I'll certainly post here that I was wrong. =D^

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am

catatac wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am
ilovethecats wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Why?
I hope all the people that are putting down the QBs on our roster will come back to this site in a few weeks and admit they were wrong. If we completely bomb at the QB position and end up moving TA back there as some have suggested, I'll certainly post here that I was wrong. =D^
I’m with you. I saw only bits of a couple practices last week but CB looks better every day. He has the full support of his offense and more importantly his coaches.

It’s just odd that a guy who I think looks pretty good, won the qb battle, and Choate seems very happy with; still get very little support on this board for some reason? Curious where these opinions are coming from? I’m not saying it’s impossible he won’t succeed. But everything I’ve seen with my own eyes and have heard from coaches as well as guys covering the team like the nuanez bros tells a different story.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:58 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Why?
I’m with you. I saw only bits of a couple practices last week but CB looks better every day. He has the full support of his offense and more importantly his coaches.

It’s just odd that a guy who I think looks pretty good, won the qb battle, and Choate seems very happy with; still get very little support on this board for some reason? Curious where these opinions are coming from? I’m not saying it’s impossible he won’t succeed. But everything I’ve seen with my own eyes and have heard from coaches as well as guys covering the team like the nuanez bros tells a different story.
They're coming from people who read the negative stuff on the board and think that is all there is going on at camp. I'll bet there were Miami fans saying the same thing before last night's game too.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:10 pm

I think since it's been so long since we had a definite starter, and this competition between Bauman and Rovig has gone on so long, that people don't trust that anyone with no experience can do the job.
I think Choate just wants to make sure that his choice can do the job and not flounder when the bullets are live.
I think that the doubt is normal until he wins a game or two, and commands the huddle during an important drive.

2024 Resume dominance

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:18 pm

I believe we have a high percentage of chicken little's on this site.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Just to be clear. I really like Bauman and think he is going to do a great job by year’s end. I don’t support the idea going after Haener because I think Coach Choate has built this years family and won’t disturb the culture. I posted this because we have relied on the Husky player pipeline to improve depth and talent and here would be another opportunity. Some interesting comments, but I too believe CB has a chance to be Freshman of the year, if the team plays as well as we think they will. GO CATS!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:56 pm

catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Why?
Regardless of whether you are right or wrong, we haven’t even played one game. Maybe we should wait for some results before actively seeking transfers.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Cat_gld

Post by Cat_gld » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:49 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:46 pm
Just to be clear. I really like Bauman and think he is going to do a great job by year’s end. I don’t support the idea going after Haener because I think Coach Choate has built this years family and won’t disturb the culture. I posted this because we have relied on the Husky player pipeline to improve depth and talent and here would be another opportunity. Some interesting comments, but I too believe CB has a chance to be Freshman of the year, if the team plays as well as we think they will. GO CATS!!
+1

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:17 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Why?
Why? Not sure if you're kidding with that question.
I will certainly come back here and admit that I was wrong if CB lights it up and TA is not called on to essentially be the full time QB come conference time. I am hoping very much that I am wrong. I guess we will see in a few weeks.

Voltaire

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:52 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:17 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Why?
I will certainly come back here and admit that I was wrong if CB lights it up and TA is not called on to essentially be the full time QB come conference time. I am hoping very much that I am wrong. I guess we will see in a few weeks.
You haven't seen him in game action! Pump the brakes

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:32 pm

seataccat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Why?
Why would I be kidding? You said it’d be real apparent that we’d be needing another qb in a few weeks. It doesn’t seem apparent to me, Matt Miller or coach choate so I was curious why it’s so apparent to you?

Are you not liking what you’ve seen of him so far?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:12 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:32 pm
seataccat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Why?
Why would I be kidding? You said it’d be real apparent that we’d be needing another qb in a few weeks. It doesn’t seem apparent to me, Matt Miller or coach choate so I was curious why it’s so apparent to you?

Are you not liking what you’ve seen of him so far?
Seataccat plays the expect the worst, hope for the best card a lot. As little of Bauman that anyone has seen I don’t know how somebody can say with any certainty that he’ll be good or not. He threw 11 passes in the first scrimmage, but it was closed. He only threw six in the second scrimmage, which was held at 6:00, so not too many people were there. Not as many as would’ve been if it was earlier at least.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:36 am

If it was earlier in fall camp, then I would say absolutely bring him in (if it’s even an option)..... at this point though I’m afraid it would only disrupt team chemistry.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:36 am
If it was earlier in fall camp, then I would say absolutely bring him in (if it’s even an option)..... at this point though I’m afraid it would only disrupt team chemistry.
I am probably wrong but I guess we will see how things unfold. I think we should aggressively pursue Jake Haener this year.
I remember when Brian White transferred to Portland State from Colorado. He came mid season to replace Tygue Howland who was injured and Tyler Hubel was the young backup and just not ready to play. He stepped right in and in a matter of days was starting. He played in four games and was 3-1 with the only loss being oregon with wins over EWU, NAU and SSU. They finished third in the BSC. He was a big 12 starter and was an immediate upgrade to the PSU offense despite a young Tyler Hubel. I am sure it hurt Hubel's feelings but he was young and survived to play another day. Jake Haener is in a similar situation as Brian White was and MSU is in a similar situation as PSU was.

Voltaire