Gresch Jensen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Gresch Jensen

Post by seataccat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Say what you will about him changing schools not wanting to compete. He would be a good fit for our offense. Give him a chance, he was dealing with Bob Stitt and Bobby Hauck of course he bailed on a couple places.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:47 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:32 pm
Say what you will about him changing schools not wanting to compete. He would be a good fit for our offense. Give him a chance, he was dealing with Bob Stitt and Bobby Hauck of course he bailed on a couple places.
Hopefully this is the case...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Ever get that feeling we're getting trolled?

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Every successful endeavor has a design freeze date. Ours has passed and we have a winning team. This is not the time to incorporate a total unknown to the process.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 pm

There is no chance he transfers right now. Number one reason is that he has missed two weeks of important practice. Number two reason is that he is not enrolled here. Number three reason is that we have chosen a starter and Jensen is not a sure starter and we would be nuts to consider introducing anybody else at this juncture. Can we kill this thread until the season is over?

MTCat75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MTCat75 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 pm
There is no chance he transfers right now. Number one reason is that he has missed two weeks of important practice. Number two reason is that he is not enrolled here. Number three reason is that we have chosen a starter and Jensen is not a sure starter and we would be nuts to consider introducing anybody else at this juncture. Can we kill this thread until the season is over?

You are correct. We should tell Thomas Marcus to stay in Arizona.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:48 pm
Ever get that feeling we're getting trolled?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:03 pm

Here’s my 2 cents which I doubt anyone agrees with but here it is

1) Choate says he is always trying to upgrade all positions so he may look at this.

2) I think this is a terrible idea just because it’s a WB. Any other player can plug and play and have packages. QBs need to be a leader of the team and will destroy the confidence of the starter.

Bonus comment, if Rovig is a team player you do not bring in another QB in. He seems like a team player and you do not give him a reason to leave

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:51 pm

MTCat75 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:56 pm

You are correct. We should tell Thomas Marcus to stay in Arizona.
See catgrad05 comments below. I think it adequately addresses your comments

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:30 am

Even though I think this rumor is not likely going to happen, Texas State did just add a QB from Memphis 4 days ago. They don’t know yet if he will be able to play this season, but if he is allowed to that wouldn’t be good for someone. I just don’t know if Gresch would up and leave. Him and Stitt seemed pretty close.

Punters are people too!!

MTCat75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MTCat75 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:25 am

Here is a question to think about. Let's say we start 0-3. Defence is playing great with TA being a big part of that. Who would you want to see come in at QB if a change is made? Your options are Rovig, Anderson or Jensen?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:10 am

MTCat75 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:25 am
Here is a question to think about. Let's say we start 0-3. Defence is playing great with TA being a big part of that. Who would you want to see come in at QB if a change is made? Your options are Rovig, Anderson or Jensen?
You need to start a thread with a poll for this. I also think tyou left out Beltran. The only one I don't like is Jensen.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:23 am

MTCat75 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:25 am
It sounds like the coaches will be flexible within the games, so you probably won’t have a situation where Bauman is out there flailing around for long. They’ll see how to attack teams and adjust accordingly.

Most likely, if MSU is struggling, it’ll be a group effort as I don’t think there will be many times where Bauman is throwing or running 4-5 times in a row.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Reports from the scrimmage demonstrate Rovig's solid performance. Good enough for me. I agree anyone but Jensen.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:12 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:03 pm
Here’s my 2 cents which I doubt anyone agrees with but here it is

1) Choate says he is always trying to upgrade all positions so he may look at this.

2) I think this is a terrible idea just because it’s a WB. Any other player can plug and play and have packages. QBs need to be a leader of the team and will destroy the confidence of the starter.

Bonus comment, if Rovig is a team player you do not bring in another QB in. He seems like a team player and you do not give him a reason to leave
He brings in Jensen, I start cheering on the Vandals again.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Is there anything to this rumor other than the BS post on eGriz about Jensen already being in Bozeman when it can be easily proven that as of this morning he is in fact still participating in Texas State's fall camp?
Last edited by MSU01 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:28 pm

If you joined a team and actually went to classes, could you actually quit and then go somewhere else? Would he liable to the school for some of that scholy money?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:51 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:28 pm
If you joined a team and actually went to classes, could you actually quit and then go somewhere else? Would he liable to the school for some of that scholy money?
He would just need to get a release from the school.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Danster21 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm
From what I can gather it sounds like Jensen is their #2 behind Vitt. If he's not happy being the backup then I could see a transfer and I'll bite: I would like to see him compete with Bauman for a day for the QB1 spot. It sucks so badly that the season starts soon (soon for football terms, still feels like an eternity as a fan!), but if Jensen is far and away the best QB then we shouldn't hamstring ourselves. Didn't the coaches say that Rovig is "a snap away from starting" or something of the like? Bauman knows he's not a sure thing and while the team does need a QB to rally around, but talent>time. You give him a day or two to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that he's the best QB. Maybe I'm really wrong but I'd like to start up the conversation, because we're 1 solid QB away from destroying this conference (a la sp00ky 2011-2016 StL/LA Rams :lol: )
Think you misinterpreted.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:16 pm

asstastic wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:32 pm
Danster21 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:08 pm
From what I can gather it sounds like Jensen is their #2 behind Vitt. If he's not happy being the backup then I could see a transfer and I'll bite: I would like to see him compete with Bauman for a day for the QB1 spot. It sucks so badly that the season starts soon (soon for football terms, still feels like an eternity as a fan!), but if Jensen is far and away the best QB then we shouldn't hamstring ourselves. Didn't the coaches say that Rovig is "a snap away from starting" or something of the like? Bauman knows he's not a sure thing and while the team does need a QB to rally around, but talent>time. You give him a day or two to prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that he's the best QB. Maybe I'm really wrong but I'd like to start up the conversation, because we're 1 solid QB away from destroying this conference (a la sp00ky 2011-2016 StL/LA Rams :lol: )
Think you misinterpreted.
Ha, ya - Choate said almost the exact opposite in that CB is the starting QB for 2019 (Barring injury) and he doesn't need to be looking over his shoulder in fear of getting replaced after every mistake. He'll have some growing pains early on, but as others have stated we have some serious talent to take the pressure off him. Sit back and enjoy the ride, it's going to be a fun year!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!