2019 Polls

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2019 Polls

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:29 am
I've become convinced nobody knows how to use the word ironic.
It's like rain on your wedding day.....duh.
Which isn’t ironic. Now, let’s say you live in Portland, have a December wedding, so you have the wedding in Palm Springs to avoid rain. It pours rain in Palm Springs yet is sunny and warm that day in Portland.

Irony!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:17 am

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 pm
MSU Toddler wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:48 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:25 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:14 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:33 am
CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 am
Which coach voted the Griz #1? :lol:
I don’t think you can vote for your own team, so probably not Hauck. Probably Choate or Petrino.

The Griz media #1 vote is probably from Bill Speltz of the Missoulian.
How in the world could anybody give the Griz a number 1 vote? Half their own fan base is concerned they won’t make the playoffs this year. Coupled with their schedule this year and strength of other Big Sky favorites, winning the conference is highly unlikely.
Both of Montana's first-place votes came from Montana State.
:lol: :lol: isn’t it ironic, don’t ya think
Knowing the griz will be lucky to finish above 500, Choate either doesn’t give a rip about preseason polls (and so cast a vote for an obvious conference loser) or he did it to mess with griz fans. Either case, he already trolled one simpleton.
Yep, or maybe he thought long and hard about being absolutely dominated and down 22 points at one point by the youngest team the Griz have ever placed on a football field and thought “******, these guys are pretty good”
Griz graduated 13 last year, MSU 10. But Griz were sooo much younger....
Yeah because how many players you graduate dictates the youth ACTUALLY on the field starting and playing. Come one you’re not that dumb. I said the youngest team the Griz PLACED on the football field. There were 5 freshman starters out there. Also, I said nothing about the cats youth nor did I make a comparison between the youth of the Cats or Griz. I simply said this was the youngest team the Griz ever had on the field which has been stated by Hauck and others many times. 9 of their 11 starters on O were underclassmen (4 freshman). That’s young.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:36 am
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 am
allcat wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:52 am
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:

I don’t think you can vote for your own team, so probably not Hauck. Probably Choate or Petrino.

How in the world could anybody give the Griz a number 1 vote? Half their own fan base is concerned they won’t make the playoffs this year. Coupled with their schedule this year and strength of other Big Sky favorites, winning the conference is highly unlikely.
Knowing the griz will be lucky to finish above 500, Choate either doesn’t give a rip about preseason polls (and so cast a vote for an obvious conference loser) or he did it to mess with griz fans. Either case, he already trolled one simpleton.
Yep, or maybe he thought long and hard about being absolutely dominated and down 22 points at one point by the youngest team the Griz have ever placed on a football field and thought “******, these guys are pretty good”
Youngest undefeated team ever!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Griz started 8 seniors to MSU’s 6 in the Cat-Griz game last year. So, yeah, they were younger just like they were undefeated.
Based on that theory, then the Griz starting 5 freshman to the Cats 3 makes the Griz younger.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:41 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:17 am
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Yeah because how many players you graduate dictates the youth ACTUALLY on the field starting and playing. Come one you’re not that dumb. I said the youngest team the Griz PLACED on the football field. There were 5 freshman starters out there. Also, I said nothing about the cats youth nor did I make a comparison between the youth of the Cats or Griz. I simply said this was the youngest team the Griz ever had on the field which has been stated by Hauck and others many times. 9 of their 11 starters on O were underclassmen (4 freshman). That’s young.
All I have heard this offseason is how young the griz team was and that is why they struggled, I have text threads with multiple griz acquaintances who said that the only reason bobby lost Cat/griz was because his team was so "young." Cats were young too and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but those same people leave that fact out. Cats also started 9 underclassmen on offense (3 freshman), Cats started 7 underclassmen on defense, the griz 5. So when you say "Choate was being "dominated" by a young team down 22 points" you forgot to mention "he came back to win for the 3rd year in a row with his OWN young team."

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 am
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
allcat wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

The Griz started 8 seniors to MSU’s 6 in the Cat-Griz game last year. So, yeah, they were younger just like they were undefeated.
Based on that theory, then the Griz starting 5 freshman to the Cats 3 makes the Griz younger.
If your bored with this thread , there are a couple clips on the Nick LaSane thread involving the griz , you
can analyze .

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:51 am

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:41 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:17 am
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
iaafan wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

All I have heard this offseason is how young the griz team was and that is why they struggled, I have text threads with multiple griz acquaintances who said that the only reason bobby lost Cat/griz was because his team was so "young." Cats were young too and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, but those same people leave that fact out. Cats also started 9 underclassmen on offense (3 freshman), Cats started 7 underclassmen on defense, the griz 5. So when you say "Choate was being "dominated" by a young team down 22 points" you forgot to mention "he came back to win for the 3rd year in a row with his OWN young team."
The Griz actually won that game because they were so dominant in the first half. You don't win based off the final score guys.

By the way, I'll reverse this and state its fairly unbelievable the Griz were leading by 22 points to a team that can't throw the ball...and still managed to lose the game. Is youth to blame? Is Washington-Grizzly cursed? Does Kent Baer actually reside with the local bears in the mountains? Does Bobby lift enough? These are the questions the Griz must answer this fall.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Since we spent 1/2 a page on ironic, can we now explore there their they're. I think we can use that to console Adickto.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:19 am
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
allcat wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

If your bored with this thread , there are a couple clips on the Nick LaSane thread involving the griz , you
can analyze .
This is so perfect I had to quote it!!!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Serious question....outside of SDSU and NDSU (who absolutely abused your team) who else dominated your team on a level the Griz did? Maybe Choate seriously saw something in the Griz he hadn’t seen with Stitt which led him to throw his vote their way. One of the youngest Griz teams to take the field ever was up 22-0 at one point and dominating your playoff team on all levels.

Yes they blew it and all roles reversed in the second half. That was the Griz MO last year. They blew huge leads to UNI, UC Davis, Cats etc. They simply didn’t have the talent and depth at the time to keep rolling. But they’ve addressed a lot of that and will no doubt be a much better team than last year (a team who only missed the playoffs by 1 game). Their very tough schedule may limit their success but they’ll be a lot better either way. I think Choate saw glimpses of that and sees what they are bringing back and the stud transfers they brought in to address some specific areas and is giving credit where credit is due.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:37 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 am
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:29 am
I've become convinced nobody knows how to use the word ironic.
It's like rain on your wedding day.....duh.
I didn't read that. You know I sang that.
It is very possible that you just don’t know how the word is applied. In other words, instead of everyone else using the word incorrectly, maybe you are the one that doesn’t understand the word.
Is there a reason you keep following me around? I'm flattered, but I'm taken.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:12 pm
Serious question....outside of SDSU and NDSU (who absolutely abused your team) who else dominated your team on a level the Griz did? Maybe Choate seriously saw something in the Griz he hadn’t seen with Stitt which led him to throw his vote their way. One of the youngest Griz teams to take the field ever was up 22-0 at one point and dominating your playoff team on all levels.

Yes they blew it and all roles reversed in the second half. That was the Griz MO last year. They blew huge leads to UNI, UC Davis, Cats etc. They simply didn’t have the talent and depth at the time to keep rolling. But they’ve addressed a lot of that and will no doubt be a much better team than last year (a team who only missed the playoffs by 1 game). Their very tough schedule may limit their success but they’ll be a lot better either way. I think Choate saw glimpses of that and sees what they are bringing back and the stud transfers they brought in to address some specific areas and is giving credit where credit is due.
29-3 after a bad start on the road. You losers lost to a team that can’t pass ffs and got steamrolled for 229 yards on the ground on 48 carries. Meanwhile, the Griz ran for 100 yards on 39 carries.

The Griz got pushed around the last 2.5 quarters of that game like the soft team they were last season. I expect that to change but MSU won the line of scrimmage quite easily in terms of being physical with the final defensive play illustrating the domination.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:12 pm

There are 4 possibilities:
1) he thinks UM is the best team in the league.
2) he thinks UM is the best conference team he’ll see.
3) he’s just yanking everyone’s chain.
4) he wanted to use it to motivate his team.

I’m going with #3. I highly doubt he thinks UM is better than WSU, EWU or Davis, which eliminates #1 and #2. He wouldn’t have told Colter what he did for it to be #4. And, no, Colter didn’t find out from someone else and then post it here, because he has integrity.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Serious question . . . outside of North Dakota's butt reaming the griz and the five other losses including powerhouse PSU at home, don't you think that there should be a new stat stat generated, outside actual wins and loses, that supports the griz dominance based on factors like winning portions of a game, skewed preseason standing, youngness, and creative interpretation (not to be confused with the 10-day diploma issued by UM under the same name)? We could call this the Dominance In Participation Showing Highly Intensive Tenacity factor OR the ****** factor. We could all agree that the BH led griz would be clearly be undefeated in this category.

Fishin' fine today gents!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:21 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:16 pm
Serious question . . . outside of North Dakota's butt reaming the griz and the five other losses including powerhouse PSU at home, don't you think that there should be a new stat stat generated, outside actual wins and loses, that supports the griz dominance based on factors like winning portions of a game, skewed preseason standing, youngness, and creative interpretation (not to be confused with the 10-day diploma issued by UM under the same name)? We could call this the Dominance In Participation Showing Highly Intensive Tenacity factor OR the ****** factor. We could all agree that the BH led griz would be clearly be undefeated in this category.

Wow, this may have just cracked my top 5 posts of all time, maybe even top 3! Well Done haha! Yes, let's ask the playoff selection committee if they consider how often a team is "winning a portion of the game," or "if the team is the youngest they have ever been." when deciding the at-large bids. And if they don't we CLEARLY need to petition for them to be added to the criteria!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:28 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:21 pm
MSU Toddler wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Wow, this may have just cracked my top 5 posts of all time, maybe even top 3! Well Done haha! Yes, let's ask the playoff selection committee if they consider how often a team is "winning a portion of the game," or "if the team is the youngest they have ever been." when deciding the at-large bids. And if they don't we CLEARLY need to petition for them to be added to the criteria!
You guys keep leaving monte out of the discussion. Is this on purpose, or has he degraded also.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:29 pm

I'd like to be the first to congratulate the Grizzlies on their undefeated, dominant 2018 campaign which led to their 3rd national championship. Going for a fourth this year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:31 pm

I love where this thread is going.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:29 pm
I'd like to be the first to congratulate the Grizzlies on their undefeated, dominant 2018 campaign which led to their 3rd national championship. Going for a fourth this year.
No doubt, as you know they are older which could also mean wiser.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:31 pm
I love where this thread is going.
Ya gotta love grizaddict. He’s the smoldering turd in the bottom of the dumpster fire.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Undefeated 1st quarter champs.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast