Players Gone From 2018 Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm

Curious to see if we will try and pick up another RB/other position with this departure or if they realize we have like 45 people to cut at this point so just let it be.

Punters are people too!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm
Curious to see if we will try and pick up another RB/other position with this departure or if they realize we have like 45 people to cut at this point so just let it be.
God no on picking up another RB. Maybe another position, DL ideally. Good question though, I think VIM was saying there are going to be very minimal openings in the Fall.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:17 am

Amandre Williams will get some time at RB, correct? Or FB at least.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:22 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

six--man
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by six--man » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Borges will be missed... when he was in there I saw him calling secondary signals. Didn't he start against ICW in playoff? (only with a different number- he was #3- went to 26) Having lost several db coaches in the past few years doesn't help

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm

six--man wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm
Borges will be missed... when he was in there I saw him calling secondary signals. Didn't he start against ICW in playoff? (only with a different number- he was #3- went to 26) Having lost several db coaches in the past few years doesn't help
No, he was injured during the playoffs. I talked with him in the stands before the Incarnate Word game.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm

six--man wrote:
Borges got hurt a few games before cat-griz. 3 played in the last few games in the nickel position. I forget his name, Cauley? I know he was a scout team guy in 2017 and just worked his way up last year.

If your left, you aren’t right.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm
six--man wrote:
Borges got hurt a few games before cat-griz. 3 played in the last few games in the nickel position. I forget his name, Cauley? I know he was a scout team guy in 2017 and just worked his way up last year.
Ty Okada, if I remember right

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm
six--man wrote:
Ty Okada, if I remember right
Yes that is right, no clue how I got Cauley out of that, Jesus.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Lydell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:03 pm

I haven't seen many comments about roster changes on the spring game roster, so here's mine...

Notable omissions are OL Sean Hatten, OL Brody McKnight, and DB Jalen Cole. In fact, Level Price Jr. has now taken Cole's no. 8. We were down to 11 o-linemen this spring which explains Choate signing 6 OL for next year (plus Kettels for 2020). Now there were 2 new names on the roster. They were:

#64 Ethan Ormes 6-3 295 RS FR OL from New Hampshire
#31 Easton Hatfield 6-2 190 RS FR from Townsend (no pos. listed)

There was an incomplete fall-newcomers list included. There was one new name there. He was Sua'ava Tupua 6-1 265 HS FR DL from Narbonne HS in LA. Good news there since good DL are so hard to find.

So there were 82 listed on the spring roster. If you add the 31 from Vim's list (don't include Flovin, Williams, and Kettels) plus Tupua, Marshall, and Knight, we are at 116. I have read that fall rosters can be 110 now, so we are pretty close. Looks like the NCAA has upped that number from 105.

The good news is thanks to great recruiting we now have a robust roster with lots of depth AND we aren't that young anymore. There are lots of seniors and juniors filling key positions so we are ready to roll. And if a sophomore is playing, it's because he's dang good! Just that doggone QB position.....

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Is Jalen Cole really gone from the team, does anyone know? If so, that's a big loss.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:32 pm
Is Jalen Cole really gone from the team, does anyone know? If so, that's a big loss.
Last I read, he was dealing with a significant injury. He was on the sidelines during the Sonny Holland game.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Lydell wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:03 pm
I haven't seen many comments about roster changes on the spring game roster, so here's mine...

Notable omissions are OL Sean Hatten, OL Brody McKnight, and DB Jalen Cole. In fact, Level Price Jr. has now taken Cole's no. 8. We were down to 11 o-linemen this spring which explains Choate signing 6 OL for next year (plus Kettels for 2020). Now there were 2 new names on the roster. They were:

There was an incomplete fall-newcomers list included. There was one new name there. He was Sua'ava Tupua 6-1 265 HS FR DL from Narbonne HS in LA. Good news there since good DL are so hard to find.

So there were 82 listed on the spring roster. If you add the 31 from Vim's list (don't include Flovin, Williams, and Kettels) plus Tupua, Marshall, and Knight, we are at 116. I have read that fall rosters can be 110 now, so we are pretty close. Looks like the NCAA has upped that number from 105.

The good news is thanks to great recruiting we now have a robust roster with lots of depth AND we aren't that young anymore. There are lots of seniors and juniors filling key positions so we are ready to roll. And if a sophomore is playing, it's because he's dang good! Just that doggone QB position.....
Where are you seeing all this? I checked the roster and I didn’t see those new names. I thought Tupua signed with UTEP.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:46 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm
Lydell wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Where are you seeing all this? I checked the roster and I didn’t see those new names. I thought Tupua signed with UTEP.
Was wondering the same.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Lydell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 pm

I couldn't make it to the spring game, so I asked the SID to email me a pdf of the spring game roster. That's where my information comes from. Forgot about Tupua. If they gave Cole's number to someone else, it doesn't look good. I would think there will be some announcements in May regarding roster moves. Then we'll know.

#64 played left guard with the 2nd team OL. Saw it on SWX.
Last edited by Lydell on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:26 pm

Lydell wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 pm
I couldn't make it to the spring game, so I asked the SID to email me a pdf of the spring game roster. That's where my information comes from. Forgot about Tupua. If they gave Cole's number to someone else, it doesn't look good. I would think there will be some announcements in May regarding roster moves. Then we'll know.
That strange they would list Tupua on the Spring game roster when he signed with UTEP back in February. Level Price wasn’t wearing #8 in the Spring game. He was wearing #20.

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Lydell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Tupua was listed on the newcomers list, not the game roster. Roster is fluid no doubt.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Cole had a neck injury following Cat-Griz, I think.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Wed May 01, 2019 12:44 pm

A question that is asked a lot but not for awhile is why is it so hard to keep photos and weights updated? Didn’t half the players on the roster have photos at one time but they don’t now? Do the players not like freshman photos? Do you think that happens to be one of those things that’s neglected because of priority of time? People just don’t have enough time to do it. Choate’s first year, the roster got dominated and everybody was updated.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm

I hope that is not true about Cole... I'm gonna wait until this is actually confirmed though (either way).

crazy how much turnover we seem to have these days... I guess that is forced to happen though, when you add 45 new players every year... haha

FTG- GO CATS GO!