MSU at Idaho/San Jose St.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU at Idaho/San Jose St.

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Blowing another game I see...

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Pulled it out. With some good old cardiac style. Phew.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Gidal Kaiser
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Gidal Kaiser » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:13 pm

NewEra wrote:Anyone know why Budinich is not playing tonight? I am suprised we are winning withouth Budinich and Johnson's size, we must be one of the smallest teams in the sky. Looking good tonight though.
Budnich isn't playing cause all he does is shoot 3s. He's got size, but rarely goes inside from what I've seen so far this year. As for Tre being suspended, I'll ask but I'm sure I'll be told "indefinite suspension" is my final word.

Info for preps, MSU men's basketball & MSU Olympic sports shows up here first: http://twitter.com/gidal_kaiser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Blue & Gold Blog: http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/app/msu-bobcats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gidal Kaiser

Post by Gidal Kaiser » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:16 pm

This team's biggest issue is second-half D - up 56-44, then tied at 65. Play better D in Tempe, maybe it's a win. Same with Idaho, and to an extent the Utah win was quelled by the Utes' couple charges back in the final stanza. D has never been this team's forte.

Info for preps, MSU men's basketball & MSU Olympic sports shows up here first: http://twitter.com/gidal_kaiser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Blue & Gold Blog: http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/app/msu-bobcats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Why dont you, or anybody else have a clue why tre is gone.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:31 pm

NewEra wrote:Anyone know why Budinich is not playing tonight?
As was mentioned-Budnich's shot selection is terrible. Within 10 seconds of coming in he usually jacks a three. Every now and then he hits one which just seems to reinforce his desire to shoot more-usually at bad times. He's shooting himself right out of the line up. If he concentrated more on defense, rebounding, and scoring inside he'd be a valuable asset as this team's tallest player.

Good win tonight by the Bobcats. I had to work so I couldn't listen-which was probably a good thing-I can't handle listening to them blow a lead on the radio. Sounds like Moon and Stewart finally got some shots to fall. They did it in JC and as far as I know the hoop is the same in D-1 so let's hope they get it going.

Gidal Kaiser

Post by Gidal Kaiser » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 pm

SACCAT wrote:Why dont you, or anybody else have a clue why tre is gone.
Just found out. Indefinite suspension, as per earlier on this posting. Sorry, Huse doesn't call me and announce to me "Hey, we're suspending Tre." Doesn't work like that unless I ask him, and I haven't asked him yet.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:53 pm

It was announced before the Idaho game. So we have known for 2 days he was off the team, yet no one has any idea why? This may not be football, but everyone would have known the reason if it was.

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:17 pm

I hope Tre is able to return to the team. I enjoy watching him play, plus the Bobcats need all the height they can get. As a sophomore, Tre's upside is that he has time to improve given that he has the rest of this year plus two more to play plus his red shirt year. When the Bobcats finally recruit talented freshmen, why is it that they rarely stay the full 4 or 5 years? Shea Washington comes to mind....

Gidal Kaiser

Post by Gidal Kaiser » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:12 pm

The latest I have heard on Tre is that it's not for anything illegal or academic, just for pure petulance. He and Huse have been arguing for some time since the season started, I understand, and it came to a head either just before the team left or as the team was heading to Idaho.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Gidal Kaiser wrote:The latest I have heard on Tre is that it's not for anything illegal or academic, just for pure petulance. He and Huse have been arguing for some time since the season started, I understand, and it came to a head either just before the team left or as the team was heading to Idaho.
This is the same story that a person close to the program told me....

2024 Resume dominance

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:18 pm

duelalumnicat wrote:I hope Tre is able to return to the team. I enjoy watching him play, plus the Bobcats need all the height they can get. As a sophomore, Tre's upside is that he has time to improve given that he has the rest of this year plus two more to play plus his red shirt year. When the Bobcats finally recruit talented freshmen, why is it that they rarely stay the full 4 or 5 years? Shea Washington comes to mind....
I wonder the same. Now inevitably his spot will be filled by yet another JC that spends one year "learning" the system, plays well his second--then gone.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Sounds like one of those times a player needs to come to the coach and apologize and pledge to do what he's told....or move on! No inside information ...just a hunch!

2024 Resume dominance

jon
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by jon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:27 am

That is too bad about Johnson, hopefully he can get back in the good graces of Coach Huse and they can all move on! He is certainly a big piece of the puzzle for the Bobcats.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Wow, Weber needed double OT to beat San Jose St. tonight at the Dee Events Center...maybe that win is looking a little better now in retrospect.