PSA: Yes your PM is fine even though it’s in your outbox

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

PSA: Yes your PM is fine even though it’s in your outbox

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:47 pm

I am sure I have said this before but with the influx of new users and what I assume are many more PMs being sent lately inquiring about tickets I want to answer this question publicly so I can stop answering numerous times individually.

The private message system in this board is NOT an email system. It is not built to work in the same way. When you send a PM it will show in your outbox. It will remain showing in your outbox until the recipient views your message at which point it will transition to your sent box. In this way you can both tell if the recipient has read your message yet and also recall a message before they read it.

Your message still showing in your outbox is not a problem. It isn’t stuck. It just hasn’t been read yet.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Serbcat
New Recruit

Re: PSA: Yes your PM is fine even though it’s in your outbox

Post by Serbcat » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:50 pm

Thanks! Go CATS