ads on the website

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wonka1
New Recruit

ads on the website

Post by wonka1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:20 am

can we not keep these ass off our website?

wonka1
New Recruit

Re: ads on the website

Post by wonka1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:21 am

excuse me I meant to say ads not ass but then again it could be the same thing

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 am

wonka1 wrote:excuse me I meant to say ads not ass but then again it could be the same thing
It's a public website so unless the mods start requiring approval (which would deter legit new posters) to create a profile on here, bots will be able to spam. Happens to pretty much every message board out there. Unfortunately not a lot that can be done other than flag the posts and the mods remove them. They have always been really good at cleaning up posts once they are flagged in my opinion.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 am

I don't know. I really am interested in why ladies love those things so much.

And Adidas. Is it awe de daws? Or adeeedas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:54 am

lutecat wrote:I don't know. I really am interested in why ladies love those things so much.

In Germany, were the company is based, they pronounce it Awe DEE Daws. I was told this in grade school by a friend and didn't believe him until I actually went to Germany.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 pm

I'll take a few spam posts if it means this site stays mostly self-moderated.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:25 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
lutecat wrote:I don't know. I really am interested in why ladies love those things so much.

In Germany, were the company is based, they pronounce it Awe DEE Daws. I was told this in grade school by a friend and didn't believe him until I actually went to Germany.
......That's just your North Dakotan accent.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

......That's just your North Dakotan accent.
Butte accent :suds: two completely different languages. ie Beanz since you're going to town, i'll stop by Walmart for uzguys. (conversation between 2 people be fore one left their unibomber cabin) Versus Uffta! Didyah see how much Marge had for dinner! Noway she left room for supper! (conversation about a milk cow)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:09 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Das ist richtig. I lived in Germany for over six years and I speak a bit of the language.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:39 pm

I think the ads are great. Reminder that we live a free republic with an open market and capitalism. Like big billboards along the highway.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Das ist richtig. I lived in Germany for over six years and I speak a bit of the language.
It will be twenty years since I've been, luckily when I went 95% spoke English since it was required. Mein Duetsch bestand darin, bis zehn zu zahlen und Bier zu bestellen

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:47 pm

I was interested in the cheap English kitchen cabinets but couldn't get it to work out with shipping. :D

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:31 pm

As someone said, this is a publicly available forum with open registration. We've implemented a lot of things to cut down on the spam, particularly to weed out the majority of the automated bot type spam but if someone wants to take the time to sit down and create an account and put up posts about kitchens in the UK then it's going to happen. The best things you can do to help us keep the board clean are:
  1. Don't click any links. Seems pretty obvious, but needs to be said.
  2. Don't reply to the thread. All it does is push it back to the top and give the post legitimacy to other posters. I know some of you think it's funny or you like to tell the spammer it's wrong, but these people don't come back and read your comment so it is not helping anything.
  3. Flag the post and let us know it is spam. It is so much easier for me to look at the reported posts and then clean it up than trying to notice them myself. Be proactive and help us out by reporting any spam posts so we can clean them up as soon as we see the report.
Thanks everyone. The spam posts are annoying and we try to do our best to keep them off the board.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:I think the ads are great. Reminder that we live a free republic with an open market and capitalism. Like big billboards along the highway.
People shoot at those..........

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com