Site upgrades and potential downtime

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Site upgrades and potential downtime

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Over the next two weeks (Dec. 22 through Jan. 4) I will be trying to take some spare time to do some much needed maintenance on BobcatNation. I will be doing upgrades and updates to both the systems as well as the software that runs the site and message board. During this time there may be some downtime to the main site, the message boards or both but I will try to keep it all to a minimum as much as possible. If anyone has any prolonged issues or notices any problems after the updates please email me at kevin@bobcatnation.com. I will try to keep this announcement updated as I can about possible downtimes and completed updates. My apologies for the inconvenience.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: Site upgrades and potential downtime

Post by SACCAT » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 am

Guess I will just hang out at the food court for entertainment then...

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Gonna try to do a few of the upgrades today, may be some short full site downtime.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Alright, round of updates for today is completed. Please let me know if anyone sees any issues on the site.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:08 pm

kmax wrote:Alright, round of updates for today is completed. Please let me know if anyone sees any issues on the site.
Ya, I have issues........nobody is posting any news about big time recruits giving verbal commitments to Montana State University! :)

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:26 am

Doing another round of updates this morning. This should only affect the main site (stories, recruiting page, etc.) which will be offline for a bit and not the message board.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:09 pm

And today's round of updates to the main site are now complete. Once again let me know if you see any issues.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:25 am

Not that I suspect too many people are up early on a Sunday just to check BobcatNation but I am going to be doing another round of software updates this morning. This will affect both the main site as well as the message boards so if you can't get on to either please be patient and try again later.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:20 am

Upgrades for this morning have been completed. As I mentioned this upgrade was to the board software so please if you notice any issues when using the board please let me know ASAP via PM or email. Also of note, I have upgraded the Tapatalk integration with the board so for those that use Tapatalk if you have any issues there please let me know as well.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:04 pm

All planned maintenance and upgrades are now completed. Again, please let me know if anything is not working.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Something is not working- me. :-)