GF Tribune no Saturday edition

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

GF Tribune no Saturday edition

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:40 pm

The Tribune is no longer printing a Saturday edition. I think most Montana (Lee) papers will follow suit in the not too distant future.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: GF Tribune no Saturday edition

Post by RickRund » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:39 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:40 pm
The Tribune is no longer printing a Saturday edition. I think most Montana (Lee) papers will follow suit in the not too distant future.
Found out a couple days ago the area we moved from no longer has a print edition, only online. Little by little they disappear.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:17 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:39 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:40 pm
Found out a couple days ago the area we moved from no longer has a print edition, only online. Little by little they disappear.
Even though I deliver papers and get paid by each newspaper delivered, I’m okay with it. Just a sign of the times. Most people getting hard copy are senior citizens. Others subscribe online. It’s a waste of paper. Interesting to watch it develop as my bundles gradually shrink. Hopefully the same happens soon for the oil and plastic industries.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:40 am

I hear there’s no longer a print version of the Monday Chronicle in Bozeman.

toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:24 pm

I'll be mostly done delivering papers by Dec. 31 of this year. It was a great experience for me. I delivered to about 270 residences/businesses each morning. Takes about 3 hours and 15 minutes. It was very machine-like, assembly line-like. Fun to figure out ways to be more efficient. Being out that early when almost everyone is in bed is a cool feeling most of the time. Battling the weather is a fun challenge. Worrying about wear/tear on the vehicle is the worst part. Rare to have any kind of confrontation with anyone and almost all the subscribers are very kind (leaving occasional tips or gifts).

The monotony is what gets you in the end. That and having to find someone to cover for you to get a day off. Once papers cut back to being delivered just five days a week it might be better.

toM StUber