Tailgating Party

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mquast53000
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Tailgating Party

Post by mquast53000 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:38 pm

Has there been any discussion about having a tailgating party during one of the Cat games that all the Bobcatnation posters could come too. Of course we would have to keep certain people away from each other (BAC and ALL conservatives). I think it would be neat to put some faces with some of our posters… We all know what Meat looks like, so there is no need for him to show up :wink:

Last edited by mquast53000 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FTG

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:49 pm

I might just show up anyway and say that I'm BearBAC, drink all your beer, and steal all your women.....just kidding honey (sometimes the fiance comes on here to check in on me).

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

SonomaCat

Re: Tailgating Party

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:01 pm

mquast53000 wrote:Has there been any discussion about having a tailgating party during one of the Cat games that all the Bobcatnation posters could come too. Of course we would have to keep certain people away from each other (BAC and ALL conservatives).
Well, I just spent a couple weeks in Montana, and talked politics most days (generally after many beers), and ran into a conservative or two, and we all survived, so I think we should be fine. Some of them were a bit too big government for my tastes, but I forgave their views in the name of all getting along.

I just hope that g.w.b. shows up to the mquast shindig. That would bring some drawing power to the event.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:28 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:Some of them were a bit too big government for my tastes, but I forgave their views in the name of all getting along.
Isnt that an oxymoron... a conservative in favor of big government?

Anyways, good idea Quast. Maybe one of the first home games when weather in Bozeman is so amazing.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:53 pm

Cat Pride wrote: Isnt that an oxymoron... a conservative in favor of big government?
Well yeah, it is. But that doesn't keep people from calling themselves conservatives who believe in big government -- kind of an ole nod to a whole other conversation.

DCC2MSU
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by DCC2MSU » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:00 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
mquast53000 wrote:Has there been any discussion about having a tailgating party during one of the Cat games that all the Bobcatnation posters could come too. Of course we would have to keep certain people away from each other (BAC and ALL conservatives).
Well, I just spent a couple weeks in Montana, and talked politics most days (generally after many beers), and ran into a conservative or two, and we all survived, so I think we should be fine. Some of them were a bit too big government for my tastes, but I forgave their views in the name of all getting along.

I just hope that g.w.b. shows up to the mquast shindig. That would bring some drawing power to the event.
Come on, there are conservatives in your hometown? Who are you kidding!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:45 am

Good idea MQ. Ironically, BAC is one of only two posters I have met. We got along swimingly at the Colorado State game last year. Right BAC? :wink:

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Meat,

I really don't think showing up proclaiming to be bearbac is going to get you any of the items you listed. Although I'm sure it would give you a great shot at a knuckle sandwich!

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:30 pm

WYCAT wrote:Good idea MQ. Ironically, BAC is one of only two posters I have met. We got along swimingly at the Colorado State game last year. Right BAC? :wink:
We sure did ... and I'm sure we will again the next time we run into each other.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:42 am

I'd definately attend a Bobcat nation tailgator before a game. We should definately try and get one planned this year!

rtb

Post by rtb » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:12 pm

Speaking of organizing a tailgate party...Does anyone know anyone in the sign/graphics business. It would be great if we could get a large flag like banner to display at the BobcatNation tailgate parties. I am not sure which game(s) I will be at this year, but I am definately up for meeting some of the members at a tailgate party.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:22 pm

rtb wrote:Speaking of organizing a tailgate party...Does anyone know anyone in the sign/graphics business. It would be great if we could get a large flag like banner to display at the BobcatNation tailgate parties. I am not sure which game(s) I will be at this year, but I am definately up for meeting some of the members at a tailgate party.
I'd like to see a great big banner that said "Welcome Meat, Our Hero"

:D :wink:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:20 pm

rtb wrote:Speaking of organizing a tailgate party...Does anyone know anyone in the sign/graphics business. It would be great if we could get a large flag like banner to display at the BobcatNation tailgate parties.
As a matter of fact I do, just haven't decided if I want to pony up the bucks for it yet. :wink:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

Post by rtb » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:27 pm

kmax wrote:
rtb wrote:Speaking of organizing a tailgate party...Does anyone know anyone in the sign/graphics business. It would be great if we could get a large flag like banner to display at the BobcatNation tailgate parties.
As a matter of fact I do, just haven't decided if I want to pony up the bucks for it yet. :wink:
Pony up the bucks for it? I don't think KMax should be ponying up any more bucks for a while. I think Gavin was looking to pony up some dollars...something about wanting the banner to be made of leather? Is that right? Sounds expensive, but I am sure he is ready to donate to the cause.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:53 pm

rtb wrote:
kmax wrote:
Pony up the bucks for it? I don't think KMax should be ponying up any more bucks for a while. I think Gavin was looking to pony up some dollars...something about wanting the banner to be made of leather? Is that right? Sounds expensive, but I am sure he is ready to donate to the cause.
Sorry, no can do on the leather. The ones I can get are the vinyl type ones.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon