Some where to watch the game this weekend in Portland?

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Some where to watch the game this weekend in Portland?

Post by coachouert » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:59 pm

I'm in Portland for work until the 14th and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of somewhere I might be able to watch the Cat/NAU game this weekend. I know it's a long shot, but figured I might as well ask.

Thanks.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Re: Some where to watch the game this weekend in Portland?

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:03 pm

coachouert wrote:I'm in Portland for work until the 14th and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of somewhere I might be able to watch the Cat/NAU game this weekend. I know it's a long shot, but figured I might as well ask.

Thanks.
I've got an extra ticket for the GRIZ game that I would be happy to give to you.

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

Eastcoastgriz
Member # Retired

Post by Eastcoastgriz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
coachouert wrote:I'm in Portland for work until the 14th and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of somewhere I might be able to watch the Cat/NAU game this weekend. I know it's a long shot, but figured I might as well ask.

Thanks.
I've got an extra ticket for the GRIZ game that I would be happy to give to you.
And you wouldn't be the only cat fan in our group. My brother is a msu alum and will be going

The GRIZ, a quarter century of total football dominance over the cats.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Eastcoastgriz wrote:
Eastcoastgriz wrote:

Thanks.
And you wouldn't be the only cat fan in our group. My brother is a msu alum and will be going
Thanks. That is actually our second option if we can't find the game anywhere. There is a group of four or five who had talked about going to the PSU/UM game Saturday, but figured I'd see if I can watch the Cats first...you know so I don't feel completely dirty later on. :wink:

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:36 pm

I can't help with bars, but if you start checking around for sports bars with the right satellite equipment I'll post the satellite coordinates as soon as Bill sends them out.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

J9Nicol
New Recruit

Post by J9Nicol » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:27 pm

You can watch it on the internet by going to http://www.bigskytv.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's a free service. Get yourself registered ahead of time, so you're ready at game time.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:35 pm

J9Nicol wrote:You can watch it on the internet by going to http://www.bigskytv.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's a free service. Get yourself registered ahead of time, so you're ready at game time.
Thanks for the suggestion. I know about bigskytv and I've used it before and to be honest, probably won't use it again. I was hoping to watch it somewhere that provided an opportunity for myself and a couple of friends to watch it while having an adult beverage or ten.

GOKATS, I'll ask around to see if I can find somewhere that has satelite stuff...I'd love to get those coordinates from you when Bill sends them out.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:55 pm

coachouert wrote:
J9Nicol wrote:You can watch it on the internet by going to http://www.bigskytv.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It's a free service. Get yourself registered ahead of time, so you're ready at game time.
Thanks for the suggestion. I know about bigskytv and I've used it before and to be honest, probably won't use it again. I was hoping to watch it somewhere that provided an opportunity for myself and a couple of friends to watch it while having an adult beverage or ten.

GOKATS, I'll ask around to see if I can find somewhere that has satelite stuff...I'd love to get those coordinates from you when Bill sends them out.
I'll update if it changes, but going back it looks like MaxMedia is pretty consistent.

AMC 5
Freq: 11948 horizontal
Symbol rate: 6.511 or 06511
Fec 3/4

Find a sportsbar that can dial in that info (or similar) and you've got it made (provided they're willing to do it :)) . Smalltime sportsbars rely on the networks, DirecTV, Dish, cable, etc. for feeds, but generally any real sportsbar has the equipment to dial in any satellite coordinates.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....