First game was great!

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

First game was great!

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 pm

I just attended my first game as a fan in about a decade and it was the time of my life despite losing to EW. I brought my 5-yr old daughter and it was her first time to a Bobcat game of any kind. She knows who and what they are, but I was a little wary or just how it would go.

To make a long story short lets just say she took it all in. The air slide, the climbing wall, a tailgate party, up in the press box (that's where she saw the air slide) and she got to pick where we sat, which was the top row (where else?) on the students side. We made about 10 trips up and down the stands, but she was very well behaved for the most part.

The highlight of the day was her overexuberance after we left. She kept cheering "Go Bobcats!" which was cool for awhile, but I had to start ignoring her to see if she'd chill out. The next time I looked in the back seat, which was while we were driving down Main St., she was, well, lets just say things were a little to natural. Hopefully I got the windows up in time. I have no idea what came over her. I didn't know whether to laugh or crawl under the seat. :lol: :oops:

So, does anyone have a "First Time Taking the Kid to the Game" story or two?

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

JDoub
Member # Retired

Re: First game was great!

Post by JDoub » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:05 am

too bad it was a loss!

My oldest son's first game (6 yr old), and the first Bobcat game my wife experienced was 2005, Cat-Griz.

I was hesitant to bring my boy, because back in the day, Cat-Griz was kind of a drunken brawl. But the boy has to grow up sometime!

We sat in the added alumni association seats, enjoyed a Lulay-led Bobcat win, lots of stories flowed from my big mouth about growing up in Bozeman within walking distance of Reno H. Sales Stadium, at my son's age we'd sneak into the games over the east fence and play nerf football most of the game -- names I didn't think I remembered came out -- Barry Sullivan, Tony Bodie, Bill Kolar, Sam McCullum, Jeff Muri, Jan Stenerud, Sonny Holland. Sometimes those kinds of things (winning a game, sharing memories with the woman I love and son I cherish) are just about enough. (in the words of Garrison Keillor)

Sometimes, just about enough.

We had a great time that day. Now we make the 15 hour RT drive at least once a year for a Bobcat home game. It's good to see the stands full, and see some old faces.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: First game was great!

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:20 pm

I hear ya. That would've been better if they'd won. I would've enjoyed her antics even more. I guess what I found out that I wasn't expecting was that just going to a game is great. I always have my daughter to thank for that. I've always appreciated the games for what they are, but I look at the them a little different now. No matter what happened just having her there kept it all in perspective.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber