Any alumni in Atlanta or in Georgia?

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Any alumni in Atlanta or in Georgia?

Post by CatfaninGA » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:48 pm

I went to a Cat-friz satellite viewing party once down here in Atlanta, and I found another local bar that showed the playoff game with NI as well. Just curious if there are any other southern MSU folks out there?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:05 pm

Hey, I spent 26 years in the military, teaching and coaching down there with you, you just didn't know it! In fact, my last two positions were with Murray County just south of Choo Choo and Cobb County. What are you thinking, putting a Clemson monkey with your posts? At least go to Furman and check out their golf-course campus; it's what, about 5 miles from Tigger's home? As soon as school is out here in Montana, we intend to head back to Lincolnton for a couple of weeks getting after the hybrids and stripers on Clarks Hill, then off to Sanibel/Captiva for the rest of the summer before coming back to the Flathead. Every party I went to, there were very few Fizzlie grads but an awful lot of MSU engineering products. Wait, in Athens I had the misfortune of running into some of the "...How does that make you feel..." crowd on the North Campus...Even down there, they can't stand FTG...

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:36 pm

You are compairing Furman to Clemson? Nah forget it.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:55 pm

You're right; the Clemson campus doesn't compare! I much prefer the Furman campus and I'd put it right up there with the North Campus in Athens. Too bad I've never taken up pasture pool because so many of my buddies that waste all that time chasing the little white ball state the Furman course through the center of campus is one of the best (not better) courses in the south. Besides, I prefer 1-AA campus life to the big schools, for whatever reason.

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:42 pm

Hummmm, a city campus or a campus on the lake. Furman is nice but I'll still have to go with Clemson, and it's not like Clemson is some huge school, only 12K students. Something is magical about having a town of 15,000 people expand to over 100K on gamedays, tailgating, southern women and beer, can't beat it.

labcat96
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by labcat96 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:45 pm

CatfaninGA, I live in Myrtle Beach, SC. I haven't met any other MSU alumni yet in this area but I do get some good responses when I wear my MSU gear. Everyone asks the same question, " Did you REALLY go to school at Montana State?" And I say proudly," I sure did!" :D :D
Then they want to know how a girl who grew up in SC could go all the way to Montana to go to school. I just tell them that as a microbiology major, the only school in SC that offers that BS is Clemson. Since I grew up a South Carolina Gamecocks fan, I decided to go to MSU instead. :wink: BTW, the microbiology curriculum at MSU is awesome!
I have wanted to get to a satellite party the last few years but have been unable to. :cry:

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:27 pm

Well I'm sorry that you are a gamecoot, but I'm glad you chose to go to Montana State!

Kind of hard to do a satellite viewing when they play the same weekend as the annual Clemson arse kicking over usc.