Bobcat volleyball tonight at 6:30

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcat volleyball tonight at 6:30

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:10 pm

TheJoeGoldstone wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:59 pm
TheJoeGoldstone wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:56 pm
WY looked best when they came out of that last timeout. Way to go Cats!
Looked beat not looked best.

Looked beat, not best.
Yes they did! They looked almost look like they conceded. Energy was down…didn’t believe they could make it back!

Proud our ladies kept fighting back when we got down a few points.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:10 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:08 pm
TheJoeGoldstone wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:59 pm
TheJoeGoldstone wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:56 pm
WY looked best when they came out of that last timeout. Way to go Cats!
Looked beat not looked best.

Looked beat, not best.
Agreed. You could see it in their eyes.
Understandable with the score being what it was and the momentum the Cats had, it was almost going to take a miracle to come back.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:20 pm

How the F did they blow that match against Weber? Are they winning now because there's no pressure? It's all gravy. I don't know, but this is pretty great anyway.
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:23 pm

Oh hell yeah

Way to go ladies.

Thanks for the updates.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:26 pm

Watching a replay of the Wichita State victory over Drake. I seriously hope the match with them is played in Bozeman as the camera work is awful. Truly awful. The play by play guy does well but it's hard for me to follow the match with the zoomed in camera angles. Bobcats deserve a home match!

I did catch the last bit of the UTEP - Clemson match. Wow, the UTEP house was rocking! It would be great to get a final match there as it would be a fantastic feat if we were to beat UTEP there, especially since they are undefeated at home this year. Bobcats's turn to break a home win streak.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:31 pm

Rich K wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:26 pm
Watching a replay of the Wichita State victory over Drake. I seriously hope the match with them is played in Bozeman as the camera work is awful. Truly awful. The play by play guy does well but it's hard for me to follow the match with the zoomed in camera angles. Bobcats deserve a home match!

I did catch the last bit of the UTEP - Clemson match. Wow, the UTEP house was rocking! It would be great to get a final match there as it would be a fantastic feat if we were to beat UTEP there, especially since they are undefeated at home this year. Bobcats's turn to break a home win streak.
Semifinal game is in Wichita according to the official bracket. Go Cats!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:35 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:31 pm
Rich K wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:26 pm

Semifinal game is in Wichita according to the official bracket. Go Cats!
Well that sucks.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:31 am

I was only able to illicitly sneak in bits and pieces, but wow wow wow. Somebody already mentioned something like this, but when WY was scoring they made the Cats look like a high school team. Yet somehow the Cats just kept sticking around and getting small streaks here and there. Snuck into the 5th set, and then dominated. I remember thinking something similar during the previous SAC match. When SAC was on their game, they looked like a whole different class than this Cat team. Yet the Cats turned on the juice when it was most needed and won that match going away. Wow.

In short? This team demonstrates sheer grit, confidence, and determination that is off the charts. This is a magical run to say the least.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:10 am

I wonder how the home teams are chosen.

I found there are Massey ratings for Volleyball. Every team we have beaten in the tournament has been ranked higher.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:31 am

There is a vague explanation of how home teams are chosen on the NIVC website. It appears to be money dirven.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:56 am

I think Wyo was ranked 78th by Massey, LADY CATS were 110 and Wyo was picked to win 3-0... We showed them rankings DO NO matter.. Incredible...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:11 am

This is the Wichita State Volleyball fan forum. https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita-st ... tournament

I found it interesting as this isn’t the Shocker’s first rodeo. I found it a good read and interesting in the teams that a few picked. They did a scouting report on Drake and it might be interesting if they do a scouting report on the Bobcats.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:17 am

This little nugget on their forum:
From a VT post, all the teams at 1% or better -

According to Pablo

18% Wichita State
16% Drake
12% UTEP
7% Georgia Southern
7% St. Johns
6% Pacific
5% Middle Tennessee
4% East Carolina
3% UNLV
3% Clemson
3% Wyoming
2% Sacramento State
2% Northern Colorado
2% Buffalo
2% Eastern Kentucky
1% Ball State
1% North Texas
1% Tulsa

Much of the Shocker's chances depend on enough of them wanting to be there (see last year). That, and getting something out of the left side. The Shocker pod and the Drake pod winners playing each other next week is a big factor also.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:10 am

The Wichita State match is on Saturday at noon MST, correct? Does anyone know if that match will be on ESPN+?

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:55 am

I see it on ESPN+ upcoming schedule.

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:59 am

Yep. Just pulled it up on ESPN+ and it is there for Sat at noon.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:07 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:11 am
This is the Wichita State Volleyball fan forum. https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita-st ... tournament

I found it interesting as this isn’t the Shocker’s first rodeo. I found it a good read and interesting in the teams that a few picked. They did a scouting report on Drake and it might be interesting if they do a scouting report on the Bobcats.
Nice fan board. Knowledgeable posters. Will be interesting to see if they do post a MSU scout report….we are such an unknown and none gave us much of a chance to be here…probably scrambling to dig something up…..just kidding

If you are a side-out member, Coach Houk does a nice short scout on the opposing team pre-game. Always enjoy hearing his observations on strength and tendencies on the opponent.

Only 804 fans at last match at Wichita State….geez I wished we had a home game……we are s boisterous and large crowd most games.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:13 pm

Any time now I’m sure we will hear about the charter flight to haul a bunch of Bobcat fans to the final four…..

Sorry, lost my head for a minute….

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:14 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:07 pm
Rich K wrote:

Only 804 fans at last match at Wichita State….geez I wished we had a home game……we are s boisterous and large crowd most games.
Compared to football, volleyball rankings appear to be the basis for home court games rather than bid money. The inconsistency of the NCAA is shown again, alas. I know there would be over 1000 roaring Bobcat fans if any of these NIVC matches would have been in Bozeman.

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:21 pm

TheJoeGoldstone wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:14 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:07 pm
Rich K wrote:

Compared to football, volleyball rankings appear to be the basis for home court games rather than bid money. The inconsistency of the NCAA is shown again, alas. I know there would be over 1000 roaring Bobcat fans if any of these NIVC matches would have been in Bozeman.
This is going to look like I am answering myself based on the way your response was posted…. But anyway at the sideout banquet it was stated that you had to bid on hosting for the early rounds. If I see Leon wondering the hallways one of these days I am going to ask him. Wyoming definitely had a nice crowd but I guarantee MSU would have had a whole lot more folks than they had at Sac State!!! It would have been loud and boisterous!!