Bobcat Women Rugby Team Headed to Nationals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Bobcat Women Rugby Team Headed to Nationals

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:27 am

First game Friday against Penn State. I had forgotten they won it all in 2017.

https://www.montanasports.com/sports/bi ... ampionship

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Bobcat Women Rugby Team Headed to Nationals

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:13 pm

The MSU women's rugby team won 2 and lost 2 at their national tournament. There were 16 teams and MSU was a 7 seed on their side of the bracket. They lost to the #2 seed Pen State 29 - 2. Then the lady Cats beat 6 seed Michigan state 22 - 14.
They followed that with a 38 - 0 loss to 4 seed Iowa, and finished their tournament with a 41 - 5 victory over 5th seed Indiana.
Not too bad playing 4 higher seeded teams and beating 2 of them. It was an interesting method of bracketing that gave teams the chance to play more than one or two games after having traveled that far.
Congratulations Lady Cat rugby team.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcat Women Rugby Team Headed to Nationals

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:43 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:13 pm
The MSU women's rugby team won 2 and lost 2 at their national tournament. There were 16 teams and MSU was a 7 seed on their side of the bracket. They lost to the #2 seed Pen State 29 - 2. Then the lady Cats beat 6 seed Michigan state 22 - 14.
They followed that with a 38 - 0 loss to 4 seed Iowa, and finished their tournament with a 41 - 5 victory over 5th seed Indiana.
Not too bad playing 4 higher seeded teams and beating 2 of them. It was an interesting method of bracketing that gave teams the chance to play more than one or two games after having traveled that far.
Congratulations Lady Cat rugby team.
Thanks for update! Nice effort by the ladies!