2025 offers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

2025 offers

Post by msu_agfan » Thu May 02, 2024 4:01 pm

Just saw on Verbal Commits that we have offered Jake Hall, a 6'4 SG from Carlsbad CA. Looks like he has several offers ranging from Eastern Washington to Buffalo to Cal Poly. Logie offered him in 2022 while at Point Loma. So Jake's been on his radar for some time.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2025 offers

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 20, 2024 12:18 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 pm

Cal Baptist, the CATS and a school to the west have offered.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 am

RickRund wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 pm
Since this post he's also posted offers from Santa Clara, San Francisco, and Weber State.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue May 21, 2024 12:51 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:48 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 4:54 pm
Since this post he's also posted offers from Santa Clara, San Francisco, and Weber State.
Must have had a good weekend in open period.

Sports is not bigger than life

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 23, 2024 11:08 am

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 30, 2024 9:35 pm

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Fri May 31, 2024 8:18 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 9:35 pm
Is this just the grumpy old man in me? Drives me absolutely nuts when people get scholarship offers and can't the school name or coach's name right. If you're not invested enough to take 10 seconds to spell check I feel like you aren't serious about the offer. Thank you for letting me vent about pedantic dumb stuff that has 0 impact on me at all.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri May 31, 2024 11:18 am

D-Wreck wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 8:18 am
AFCAT wrote:
Is this just the grumpy old man in me? Drives me absolutely nuts when people get scholarship offers and can't the school name or coach's name right. If you're not invested enough to take 10 seconds to spell check I feel like you aren't serious about the offer. Thank you for letting me vent about pedantic dumb stuff that has 0 impact on me at all.
Nope, drives me nuts as well.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 31, 2024 11:32 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:18 am
D-Wreck wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
To be fair....there are still a lot of hard core MSU supporters who still don't know how to spell Troy Andersen. ](*,)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 31, 2024 11:48 am

grizzh8r wrote:
D-Wreck wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
You all should work the football recruiting thread. Recruits that don't post their home state, their position, highlights, or even their complete names. Absolutely drives me nuts that I have to search for that stuff.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri May 31, 2024 11:50 am

wbtfg wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:32 am
grizzh8r wrote:
D-Wreck wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
To be fair....there are still a lot of hard core MSU supporters who still don't know how to spell Troy Andersen. ](*,)
Ha, I was going to say the same thing. I'm not going to criticize a kid for spelling Logie's name wrong when half the people here had five years to learn how to spell Andersen and Ifanse correctly and still couldn't get it right!

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Fri May 31, 2024 2:59 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
D-Wreck wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Ha, I was going to say the same thing. I'm not going to criticize a kid for spelling Logie's name wrong when half the people here had five years to learn how to spell Andersen and Ifanse correctly and still couldn't get it right!
You're both correct and this is just an argument for argument's sake, but I think it's a little different. Troy isn't paying out any benefits to the posters here who butcher his name. The recruits who can't type a coach's name or school's name correctly aren't putting themselves in the best light with folks who are potentially offering them something worth thousands of dollars (scholarship, other student athlete benefits, potential access to the Bobcat Collective, etc.) by being lazy.

I also hate when at work I get an email reply where my name is spelled wrong. For one, I've worked with you over a decade. For two, IT'S SPELLED IN MY G.D. EMAIL SIGNATURE THAT YOU JUST READ. FFS.

In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I've got to say about that." I'm going to make like Elsa now and just let it go. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:18 am

D-Wreck wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 2:59 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:50 am
wbtfg wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
D-Wreck wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
You're both correct and this is just an argument for argument's sake, but I think it's a little different. Troy isn't paying out any benefits to the posters here who butcher his name. The recruits who can't type a coach's name or school's name correctly aren't putting themselves in the best light with folks who are potentially offering them something worth thousands of dollars (scholarship, other student athlete benefits, potential access to the Bobcat Collective, etc.) by being lazy.

I also hate when at work I get an email reply where my name is spelled wrong. For one, I've worked with you over a decade. For two, IT'S SPELLED IN MY G.D. EMAIL SIGNATURE THAT YOU JUST READ. FFS.

In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I've got to say about that." I'm going to make like Elsa now and just let it go. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

I really find it hard to believe someone has a hard time spelling D-Wreck incorrectly...

Seriously, just have to agree with everyone regarding the spelling.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:29 pm

D-Wreck wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
I can give someone the benefit of the doubt when you type a word in correctly but autocorrect changes it, and you only notice if after you post. Having said that, I can't imagine anyone's phone having Loggie already in it. It's not nitpicky or too much to ask to get a person's name right, especially when it comes to important issues.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.