MBB - Weber - ESPN2

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MBB - Weber - ESPN2

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:09 am

The announcers just had to bring Damian Lillard into the conversation. Using his names and Jones’s in the same sentence should be a misdemeanor. I loved watching Lillard with Weber. His ability to use the whole front court was amazing. The eyes just had to watch him. I don’t follow Weber at all, but I was really surprised when they mentioned Jones as a possible late first or second round pick. Many of the other NBA-class guys from the Big Sky including Lillard, Tyler Hall, Tyler Harvey, and another one from E. Washington, to say nothing of Weber’s Willie Sojourner were exciting to watch. Jones, not so much. Go, ‘Cats! 💙💛😺

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: MBB - Weber - ESPN2

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:04 am

The vast majority of NBA players are complementary players. Teams have a type that they're looking for: can play a lot of positions, athletic, defends well, makes his free throws, can shoot the 3. That's the reason Blevins got a longer look in the NBA than Hall did, even though Hall was the star player in college.

Jones checks those boxes pretty well

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers