Nebraska beats Iowa

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Nebraska beats Iowa

Post by lutecat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:17 pm

I see Darian only played 10 minutes and didn't start but had been. Bit cool she can say she played on a team that beat the best player in the country.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Nebraska beats Iowa

Post by aucat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 pm

I was under the impression that she was a starter. I thought she played a good game. She missed a three pointer but it one of those "in and outers." I think that she has improved her three point shooting.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 am

aucat wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 pm
I was under the impression that she was a starter. I thought she played a good game. She missed a three pointer but it one of those "in and outers." I think that she has improved her three point shooting.
Darian is the starter. She was injured, and was questionable as to whether she would play or not. She also air-mailed a three-pointer just like the MSU days. Her defensive skills and quickness translate well. She’ll be back starting in a game or two.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:12 am

lutecat wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:17 pm
I see Darian only played 10 minutes and didn't start but had been. Bit cool she can say she played on a team that beat the best player in the country.
Very entertaining game, and that should pretty much lock up an NCAA Tournament spot for Nebraska. With Caitlin Clark only 8 points from the scoring record Iowa appeared to back off somewhat in the 4th quarter so she can break the record at home, and it cost them big time.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:16 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 am
aucat wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 pm
Darian is the starter. She was injured, and was questionable as to whether she would play or not. She also air-mailed a three-pointer just like the MSU days. Her defensive skills and quickness translate well. She’ll be back starting in a game or two.
That explains the big wrap on her knee

Sports is not bigger than life

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:12 am

Postgame presser was interesting.....Iowa coach was PISSED....haha.

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:12 am
All over the protocol of who goes 1st and Nebraska not waiting for her. Of course how long did she have to hangout in the locker room? Nebraska didn't leave the court for at least 15 minutes; plenty of time for her to talk to her team and go to the press room. I liked her and her approach but these antics make me question who she really is and how entitled she thinks she should be.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:16 pm

CatRowdy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm
wbtfg wrote:
All over the protocol of who goes 1st and Nebraska not waiting for her. Of course how long did she have to hangout in the locker room? Nebraska didn't leave the court for at least 15 minutes; plenty of time for her to talk to her team and go to the press room. I liked her and her approach but these antics make me question who she really is and how entitled she thinks she should be.
It's a bad look to be caught on tape during the opponent's press conference, but I'm sure it wasn't intentional and I have a hard time criticizing a coach too much for standing up for her team like that. She was also mad about music being played while Iowa shot free throws, and rightfully so.

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:22 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:16 pm
CatRowdy wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
It's a bad look to be caught on tape during the opponent's press conference, but I'm sure it wasn't intentional and I have a hard time criticizing a coach too much for standing up for her team like that. She was also mad about music being played while Iowa shot free throws, and rightfully so.
Okay, yes music shouldn't be played and that was a bad mistake. Did you hear Catlin during the interview, she said she it didn't make a difference, either it's fans yelling, music or anything else... she doesn't pay any attention.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:39 pm

CatRowdy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:22 pm
MSU01 wrote:
CatRowdy wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Okay, yes music shouldn't be played and that was a bad mistake. Did you hear Catlin during the interview, she said she it didn't make a difference, either it's fans yelling, music or anything else... she doesn't pay any attention.
I did hear Caitlin say that, but even so I think it's entirely appropriate for the Iowa coach to bring it up even if the player says she wasn't affected by it. I've basically stopped watching men's college basketball at this point aside from MSU games because the women's game is so much fun to follow right now with Caitlin Clark and Iowa, Dawn Staley at South Carolina and Kim Mulkey at LSU, and all the great teams and players in the Pac-12. Great to see women's basketball getting so much attention.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:06 am

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:39 pm
CatRowdy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:22 pm
MSU01 wrote:
CatRowdy wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
I did hear Caitlin say that, but even so I think it's entirely appropriate for the Iowa coach to bring it up even if the player says she wasn't affected by it. I've basically stopped watching men's college basketball at this point aside from MSU games because the women's game is so much fun to follow right now with Caitlin Clark and Iowa, Dawn Staley at South Carolina and Kim Mulkey at LSU, and all the great teams and players in the Pac-12. Great to see women's basketball getting so much attention.
Caitlin is either the nicest person ever (possible) or she's been coached (also possible) to not say anything controversial. I just love how she won't complain about anything. Even when Angel Reese was being an absolute jackass to her last year, she didn't do or say a thing. She's a great role model for any young athlete, not just the young girls watching.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:27 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:06 am
Caitlin is either the nicest person ever (possible) or she's been coached (also possible) to not say anything controversial. I just love how she won't complain about anything. Even when Angel Reese was being an absolute jackass to her last year, she didn't do or say a thing. She's a great role model for any young athlete, not just the young girls watching.
To me that whole Angel Reese/Caitlin Clark controversy last year was way overblown because a lot of viewers of the National Championship game weren't aware that Clark had used the same "You can't see me" gesture towards Hailey Van Lith of Louisville during the regional final. But yes, Caitlin Clark is an incredible role model for young girls and acts like she's well aware of that status and takes it seriously. Next up is Juju Watkins of USC, who's going to become the star of women's college basketball next year assuming Clark goes to the WNBA.