Danny & The Aggies

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Danny & The Aggies

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:02 pm

It looks like the Utah State vs Nevada game will be televised on the Freevee app at 7:00 tonight.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Danny & The Aggies

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:31 pm

While I admire Danny, I have no interest in watching Utah State play.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:22 pm

Nevada took down Utah State, 77-63.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:36 pm

They looked like the Bobcats against Idaho. Shot in the high 30's, only hit about 3 or 4 3's, and Osobor fouled out with about 8 minutes to go with 11 points and only 4 rebounds. They surrounded him in the paint and also pressed everyone else on the perimeter. Nevada played the best defense of anyone against them this year, and USU had several layups roll around and off the rim. Just one of those nights. Steve Alford still can coach!

USU must have been looking toward the rematch with Boise this weekend.

2024 Resume dominance

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:27 am

In a way too early bracketology, Fox Sports had USU as a 6 seed in the West against Texas A&M. That was before the Nevada game. And strangely no Nevada club. I think Nevada is a pretty salty group.

They have Ewoo at 16 in the South against Houston. Again, way too early.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:32 am

They blew the doors off Boise! 80-61
Falslev had like 25

2024 Resume dominance

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:43 am

They beat Wyoming in Laramie 84-76. Down 10 in the first half. Surrounded Osobar in the paint and he didn't touch the ball much in the first half. They did hit some 3's in the first half so Cowboys tried to cover the perimeter more in the second. Uduje and Brown carried them both had over 20 points. Osobar had like 4 blocks, 10 points but only 4 rebounds. He has a difficult time holding on to the ball in traffic but he has a nice touch. Brown has got to be the premier point guard in the MW.

2024 Resume dominance

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:07 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:43 am
They beat Wyoming in Laramie 84-76. Down 10 in the first half. Surrounded Osobar in the paint and he didn't touch the ball much in the first half. They did hit some 3's in the first half so Cowboys tried to cover the perimeter more in the second. Uduje and Brown carried them both had over 20 points. Osobar had like 4 blocks, 10 points but only 4 rebounds. He has a difficult time holding on to the ball in traffic but he has a nice touch. Brown has got to be the premier point guard in the MW.
Brown is really good - as if we didn’t know that. He’d be the Big Sky MVP if he was still at MSU.

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:34 pm

I know its woulda coulda shoulda water under the bridge but it's my unprofessional, unsolicited opinion that the MSU Bobcats if Sprinkle were still here. Along with Battle, Osobar, Brown, Ford and all the rest would have won 30 games. The Cats would be a 12 or 11 seed and none of the big time schools would've been happy with them in the tourney as the matchup. A sweet 16 game was a real possibility. Sigh.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:58 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:34 pm
I know its woulda coulda shoulda water under the bridge but it's my unprofessional, unsolicited opinion that the MSU Bobcats if Sprinkle were still here. Along with Battle, Osobar, Brown, Ford and all the rest would have won 30 games. The Cats would be a 12 or 11 seed and none of the big time schools would've been happy with them in the tourney as the matchup. A sweet 16 game was a real possibility. Sigh.

Agreed. It’s probably the biggest “what coulda been” in bobcat history, any sport.

They also had a couple good transfers set to join as well…. It really just pisses ya off to think about it.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:19 pm

Sprinkle himself recently said on the record that he believed that the team that would and could have returned to Montana State had he stayed would've been the greatest Bobcat team of all time and one of the greatest teams in Big Sky history.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:57 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:19 pm
Sprinkle himself recently said on the record that he believed that the team that would and could have returned to Montana State had he stayed would've been the greatest Bobcat team of all time and one of the greatest teams in Big Sky history.
And you wonder why we're not in frenzy over here on the basketball board...

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:53 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:57 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
No kidding.
After the disappointing collapse of the team following last season, many fans felt deflated. A subpar performance on the court, especially when there was potential for a 30-win season, contributed to dwindling fan enthusiasm. I'm curious about MSU's efforts to retain Danny. Was there a genuine attempt to keep him? Hopefully, they didn't simply bid him farewell without exploring all possible options.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:14 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:53 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
No kidding.
After the disappointing collapse of the team following last season, many fans felt deflated. A subpar performance on the court, especially when there was potential for a 30-win season, contributed to dwindling fan enthusiasm. I'm curious about MSU's efforts to retain Danny. Was there a genuine attempt to keep him? Hopefully, they didn't simply bid him farewell without exploring all possible options.
After the 2022 season ended, Danny was strongly rumored to be the leading candidate at San Diego but was eventually signed to a new contract by MSU. A lot of us here thought Danny was likely gone at that point and were very pleasantly surprised when he decided to stay. Unfortunately, I think the salary offered by Utah State was just something that MSU simply can't match or even come anywhere close to. It was the proverbial "offer he couldn't refuse", as much as I know Danny loves MSU and loved coaching here.

This season has certainly been up and down and there will always be the "what if" scenario out there of what the season would have been like if Danny had stayed at MSU, but in the grand scheme of things I think it's a good thing for MSU if its coaches are getting hired away by bigger schools as opposed to fired due to poor performance like the two coaches prior to Danny were.

autocat

Post by autocat » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:34 pm

Danny will have been to the NCAA tournament 3 times in the last 3 years with 2 different teams. That being said, I’m guessing in the next couple of months a school is going to offer him twice as much or more and Utah St. is going to be having the same conversations

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:32 pm

Colorado state put a smackdown on Utah state 75-55. They didn't like losing to them earlier in the year apparently.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:10 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:53 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
No kidding.
Montana State and every other team in the Big Sky Conference is very far away from being able to offer 5-year, $4.5 million contracts with base salaries of $900,000 annually.

To put this in perspective, if Brent Vigen won every game and award and hit every single bonus in his contract AND Leon Costello was to hit every single bonus in his contract, they would make about $100,000 more COMBINED than Sprinkle's base salary.

Throw in the use of a private jet whenever he so desires in recruit, a Top 25 home court advantage and playing in a league that is gonna get 5 or 6 bids in the tournament this year and I don't see a world in which Montana State could have kept him under a single circumstance.

And the crazy part is that if he keeps winning, Utah State will be in that exact same boat....

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:18 am

It's not crazy, it's the market. That is the way our economy works.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

autocat

Post by autocat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:26 pm

If the Aggies win tonight against San Diego St they will be alone in 1st place currently ahead 46-39

Battle had 24 tonight for West Virginia they are 9-17 he should have joined those guys at Utah St

The announcer, the former coach has been saying Danny is probably Mountain West coach of year and maybe national coach of the year!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:30 pm

Happy to see Great, Darius and Danny playing in front of a packed house and looking great. They deserve it.