WBB vs Weber State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

WBB vs Weber State

Post by Rich K » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:53 pm

Ladies playing well and have a solid 34-20 lead at the half.

Montana PBS- Where broadcasting goes to die.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: WBB vs Weber State

Post by SACCAT » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:11 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:53 pm

Ouch.... Little harsh there.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:16 pm

The Bobcats' inability to score consistently is going to be their undoing this season. Just letting inferior teams hang around close enough that one scoring run will get them back in it.

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:20 pm

Rich K wrote:

Remember the days when we were lucky to get the Cat-Griz games on TV? I am glad we have PBS to do these broadcasts and have ESPN+ to watch them on.

CNC_Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CNC_Cat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:23 pm

Both teams shooting very poorly in the second half. 39-27 end of the third

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:23 pm

HiLineCat wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:20 pm
Rich K wrote:

Remember the days when we were lucky to get the Cat-Griz games on TV? I am glad we have PBS to do these broadcasts and have ESPN+ to watch them on.
Indeed. Ian is doing a great job, the broadcast overall could use some polish but my guess would be it's a lot of college students giving their time to put it out there. Still beats the old days of radio or nothing unless it was Cat/Griz weekend!

CNC_Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CNC_Cat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:26 pm

Very pleased with the Cats defensive effort. I think Weber has committed 4 or 5 offensive fouls. Madison Hall is leading the way on that side of the ball

CNC_Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CNC_Cat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:34 pm

KJ stepping up on the offensive end. Scoring the last 5 points for the Cats. Not sure why she hasn’t been driving to the hoop earlier in the game.

CNC_Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CNC_Cat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:46 pm

57-43 final

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:47 pm

Not the prettiest game you'll ever see. Time to work on offense...a lot...in practice during the next couple weeks until Big Sky play resumes after the Summit games! Many players just seem to be hesitant and not confident, Hall and Limardo being the exceptions. Dykstra had a great first quarter and then totally disappeared.

TheJoeGoldstone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by TheJoeGoldstone » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:20 pm

As was mentioned in the last game, when the bigs get the ball or a rebound down low they are not going to the hoop and always pass it back out. Perplexing with the height they have. Much, much better job cleaning up the turnovers from Thursday’s game.

Blue & Gold for 51 yrs

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:10 pm

Yeah-offense needs a lot of work.

Weber really had no chance with their best player, Daryn Hickok, with a bum leg. Not sure if she got hurt today or if she was carrying that injury into this one. They hung around because the Bobcats couldn't buy a hoop in the third quarter and after hitting their first one-made no more 3 pointers. Maybe tired legs from Friday's slugfest?

First extended action I've seen of Ella Johnson-maybe because of foul trouble? She didn't score, but played pretty good defense and rebounded. Coach often put lineups out there with very few points to be had. Issy Bunyan tries to be a scorer, but had a really cold weekend. Her and Picton are pretty darn good freshmen...but they still do freshman things at times.

Hall and Limardo had great all-around games.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:16 am

Picton was a little more offensively minded today at first, but then faded later. I think she knows her job is to facilitate not score. She does that well...now all we need is someone to put it in the basket after she facilitates! She has a lot less turnovers than most freshman points guards I've seen. A very good ball handler and passer. I see her as good at driving to the hoop and drawing fouls as soon as she gets a little stronger. I doubt any of them will put on much weight. They all look like fashion models!
..and yet they are "l o n g"!

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:13 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:16 am
Picton was a little more offensively minded today at first, but then faded later. I think she knows her job is to facilitate not score. She does that well...now all we need is someone to put it in the basket after she facilitates! She has a lot less turnovers than most freshman points guards I've seen. A very good ball handler and passer. I see her as good at driving to the hoop and drawing fouls as soon as she gets a little stronger. I doubt any of them will put on much weight. They all look like fashion models!
It looked like our “longth” really bothered Weber (and later NDSU).

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:44 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:13 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:16 am
It looked like our “length” really bothered Weber (and later NDSU).
Right you are...

2024 Resume dominance