2024 men’s basketball offers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2024 men’s basketball offers

Post by Cataholic » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:09 am
Fischer Brown, son of former Bobcat Justin Brown, from Lewistown has committed to Western Carolina. Great for him to be going D-1. I wonder if he was anywhere on our board.
This is strange to me. Wouldn’t Western Carolina be similar to MSU in terms of program strength? Did MSU not want him?

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:15 pm

https://verbalcommits.com/players/josh-dilling

Josh Dilling has been offered by MSU, Idaho, and Northern Kentucky today and yesterday, one week after Josh entered the portal, leaving Northern State (South Dakota school). Listed as 6-4 PG. Under Stats, looks like from the past year, it says 18.4 ppg, 4.5 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 46% 3pt, 52% from the floor. Impressive sounding, well rounded and brings some of the rebounding we will be losing via Ford's graduation.

https://nsuwolves.com/sports/mens-baske ... lling/7827

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:22 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:09 am
Fischer Brown, son of former Bobcat Justin Brown, from Lewistown has committed to Western Carolina. Great for him to be going D-1. I wonder if he was anywhere on our board.
This is strange to me. Wouldn’t Western Carolina be similar to MSU in terms of program strength? Did MSU not want him?
Looking through his Twitter account, he posted an offer from Penn as his first D-1 offer back in January and then nothing until the commitment to Western Carolina today. I doubt we'll ever know for sure how interested MSU may have been or if they ever made an offer of some kind. It doesn't seem as though MSU was interested, although we also can't assume that the kid would've automatically accepted an offer from MSU just because he's from Montana and his dad played here.

centralmtfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by centralmtfan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:01 am

It is my understanding that the Cats had no contact with him at all. The Griz called him off and on, but never made an offer. He had official offers from both Penn and Cornell. He had ongoing conversations with Northern Colorado, Boise State, Oregon State, and Clemson, but they all wanted to wait and see how the portal worked out for them before they made any kind of an offer.
His coach at Wasatch really encouraged him to look at a strong, mid major where he could develop by playing. I saw him at the Civic Center two weeks ago when he was home on break and at that time he was trying to arrange a visit to western Carolina. That coaching staff had recruited him while they were at Gardner Webb and then continue to recruit him after they took the job at Western Carolina. Apparently he liked what he saw when he went down there for a visit. Great kid and really understands the process and what he needs to do.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:43 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:15 pm
https://verbalcommits.com/players/josh-dilling

Josh Dilling has been offered by MSU, Idaho, and Northern Kentucky today and yesterday, one week after Josh entered the portal, leaving Northern State (South Dakota school). Listed as 6-4 PG. Under Stats, looks like from the past year, it says 18.4 ppg, 4.5 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 46% 3pt, 52% from the floor. Impressive sounding, well rounded and brings some of the rebounding we will be losing via Ford's graduation.

https://nsuwolves.com/sports/mens-baske ... lling/7827
Since posting this Josh has received 3 more documented offers: Robert Morris, Incarnate Word, and today Winthrop.
Just to try to help get this forum back on the future!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96