Women add Drea Brumfield

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Women add Drea Brumfield

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat May 06, 2023 8:21 am

6'2" portal transfer from Pepperdine out of Washington state with three years of eligibility. Welcome Drea!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Women add Drea Brumfield

Post by imacat » Sat May 06, 2023 2:27 pm

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat May 06, 2023 8:18 pm

The 2022-2023 Pepperdine roster has 14 players. The 2023-2024 roster has 6 players, and a new head coach. The previous coach of three years was dismissed with a badly losing record. I’ve never criticized a player when they transfer on a coaching change, and I never will. Coaches are free to leave, or be fired. Athletes are free to leave, or be fired. Welcome, Drea! Relax, our coach doesn’t leave very often. 💙 💛 😺

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Fri May 12, 2023 7:16 pm

https://prospectsnation.com/player/drea-brumfield

A four-star recruit of the year 2022. Elite 150 Not a bad addition for you guys, seemingly.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat May 13, 2023 2:27 am

ProspectsNation.com wrote:
Brumfield has spent the last year putting herself in the conversation for the top spot in 2022 in the State of Washington. Her length and mobility makes her incredibly versatile. She’s capable of getting out in transition and finishing. She’s a real matchup problem and a player that will continue to be followed closely by dozens of schools out West.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat May 13, 2023 8:29 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:18 pm
The 2022-2023 Pepperdine roster has 14 players. The 2023-2024 roster has 6 players, and a new head coach. The previous coach of three years was dismissed with a badly losing record. I’ve never criticized a player when they transfer on a coaching change, and I never will. Coaches are free to leave, or be fired. Athletes are free to leave, or be fired. Welcome, Drea! Relax, our coach doesn’t leave very often. 💙 💛 😺
Indeed, a hearty welcome to Drea. Sure feeling better about the inside game now with Drea, Mara and Lexi experience on board. If Lindsay gets stronger and the new bigger freshmen ladies come on strong we should be OK for a couple years.

Now I mentioned Kola in earlier post being on the plane to visit a CA school week before last. A little birdie told me she made a stop at Pepperdine! That would be an interesting swap…Kola for Drea. I had noted the same fact as you did that Pepperdine is going through a major change with complete coaching staff change….and a more or less complete rebuild. But I also know Kola would prefer to stay closer to home for family reasons…..will be interesting to see where she ends up…the key will be if the school has the secondary degree program she is looking for.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat May 13, 2023 10:34 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 8:29 am
Indeed, a hearty welcome to Drea. Sure feeling better about the inside game now with Drea, Mara and Lexi experience on board. If Lindsay gets stronger and the new bigger freshmen ladies come on strong we should be OK for a couple years.
Don’t forget Taylor, who’s sort of a hybrid inside player. That’s a lot of size — all 6’2” and above.

Throw in Limardo and Berry and the ‘Cats can put a very tall and mobile five on the court. Their height certainly bothered some teams last year.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat May 13, 2023 2:05 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 10:34 am
BobcatDel wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 8:29 am
Don’t forget Taylor, who’s sort of a hybrid inside player. That’s a lot of size — all 6’2” and above.

Throw in Limardo and Berry and the ‘Cats can put a very tall and mobile five on the court. Their height certainly bothered some teams last year.
Yep! Thanks for reminder on Taylor.

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Sun May 14, 2023 9:08 am

This information compiled from the current roster listed on line. Not sure the reported heights are certifiably true; but a pretty good sized team and we know a lot of talent available. I think it's funny Lexi is listed as our shortest forward. She developed a lot last year and I look to see her really break out this year.
I think this class of seniors are the last to have an eligible covid year, since there are no juniors chasing up behind them I wonder if they will elect to stay or use their covid year elsewhere. I imagine that it way too early to ponder that question as the current year is ahead of them and I'm sure that's where their focus is.

Name Height/inches Grade Position
Lindsey Hein 78 RS-Sophomore Center
Taylor Janssen 75 Senior Forward
Ella Johnson 74 Freshman Forward
Drea Brumfield 74 Sophomore Forward Average Height (inches) 72
Lea Boulanger 74 Freshman Forward Freshman 7
Marah Dykstra 74 Sophomore Forward Sophomores 4
Katelynn Limardo 74 Senior Forward Juniors 0
Lexi Deden 73 Senior Forward Seniors 3
Isabel Bunyan 72 Freshman Guard
Brooke Berry 72 RS-Freshman Guard Total Team Members 14
Mattie Olson 68 Sophomore Guard
Dylan Phillip 68 Sophomore Guard Guards 6
Malea Egan 66 Freshman 1 Guard Forwards 7
Natalie Picton 65 Freshman 1 Guard Centers 1

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun May 14, 2023 2:06 pm

CatRowdy wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 9:08 am
This information compiled from the current roster listed on line. Not sure the reported heights are certifiably true; but a pretty good sized team and we know a lot of talent available. I think it's funny Lexi is listed as our shortest forward. She developed a lot last year and I look to see her really break out this year.
I think this class of seniors are the last to have an eligible covid year, since there are no juniors chasing up behind them I wonder if they will elect to stay or use their covid year elsewhere. I imagine that it way too early to ponder that question as the current year is ahead of them and I'm sure that's where their focus is.

Name Height/inches Grade Position
Lindsey Hein 78 RS-Sophomore Center
Taylor Janssen 75 Senior Forward
Ella Johnson 74 Freshman Forward
Drea Brumfield 74 Sophomore Forward Average Height (inches) 72
Lea Boulanger 74 Freshman Forward Freshman 7
Marah Dykstra 74 Sophomore Forward Sophomores 4
Katelynn Limardo 74 Senior Forward Juniors 0
Lexi Deden 73 Senior Forward Seniors 3
Isabel Bunyan 72 Freshman Guard
Brooke Berry 72 RS-Freshman Guard Total Team Members 14
Mattie Olson 68 Sophomore Guard
Dylan Phillip 68 Sophomore Guard Guards 6
Malea Egan 66 Freshman 1 Guard Forwards 7
Natalie Picton 65 Freshman 1 Guard Centers 1
Nice summary. Now I know why I have to “look up” to them as they come off the floor…..

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun May 14, 2023 7:36 pm

Basketball height. My cousin (who is sort of an insider) says that means measured with shoes on. As long as all teams do the same, it probably all comes out pretty equal. We know, I think, that heights come as fractions and not all integers. So does 5-6 3/8 = 5-7? I rather doubt anyone rounds down! Coach Bin has quietly, but steadily, lengthened the herd. I wonder if we’ll be the youngest team in D-I again?