Luca Colceag in portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Luca Colceag in portal

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 04, 2023 5:52 pm

The hits just keep on coming.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: Luca Colceag in portal

Post by tetoncat » Thu May 04, 2023 6:42 pm

Don't get these late transfers. Have new coaches been able to workout with players where he would think he isn't a fit.

Sports is not bigger than life

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu May 04, 2023 6:47 pm

I have absolutely no inside information, but I do believe the players have been working out.

I suspect, Logie has had conversations with all the players giving his perspective of how they fit his vision.

Again, this is purely speculation on my part.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu May 04, 2023 8:27 pm

Given that Coach Haslem recruited Luca, I wonder if he will land at Utah State with everyone else. I am disappointed because I had been looking forward to seeing him develop as a player. I am further disappointed because I think the decimated Cats are now left with only six players.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu May 04, 2023 8:52 pm

Ha. So how many scholarships are available at this point?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Thu May 04, 2023 9:12 pm

Our roster has 8 scholarship openings as of 5.4.23

Current Roster: Patterson, Lecholat, Nduka, McMahon, Jed Miller, and Carter Ash. (Rob Ford in portal)

Coaching Staff: Coach Logie, Coach Sam Scholl, Coach Julius Smith, Dir. of Opps-Colin McGettigan

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu May 04, 2023 9:41 pm

duelalumnicat wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:27 pm
Given that Coach Haslem recruited Luca, I wonder if he will land at Utah State with everyone else. I am disappointed because I had been looking forward to seeing him develop as a player. I am further disappointed because I think the decimated Cats are now left with only six players.
Same. I thought he’d bring a little different dimension to our on-court play.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 05, 2023 8:13 am

Luca played in 27 minutes for all of last season. We are starting from scratch so Logie might as well have his own guy who fits his system for this roster spot.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri May 05, 2023 8:54 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:13 am
Luca played in 27 minutes for all of last season. We are starting from scratch so Logie might as well have his own guy who fits his system for this roster spot.
As long as we can find more guys, that fit system, mesh with existing players as well as the rest of transfers. It will be a challenge for sure.

I know Celtic Cat made a comment in another thread that there are hundreds of players out there. That is true but not 100's that are necessarily a good fit and can play at level to keep us at top of Big Sky.

Sports is not bigger than life

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 05, 2023 11:11 am

Me trying to figure out who the players are this season.

It will certainly be interesting when the championship banner is unveiled this season and rings handed out and the four or five guys left on the team get to stand up and be applauded for the achievement.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Fri May 05, 2023 11:12 am

Our coaches have a plan if they are still trimming what is left of our current roster in preparation for the number of new faces that will soon be wearing the blue and gold. Go Cats!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 05, 2023 11:59 am

tetoncat wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:54 am
Cataholic wrote:
As long as we can find more guys, that fit system, mesh with existing players as well as the rest of transfers. It will be a challenge for sure.

I know Celtic Cat made a comment in another thread that there are hundreds of players out there. That is true but not 100's that are necessarily a good fit and can play at level to keep us at top of Big Sky.
Here is an article on numbers in the portal. I guess my main point is that we should be able to find players that surpass or match Luca’s abilities. Obviously a much different task to replace a kid like Battle, but we will be able to field a full team of D1 caliber players - and should be all guys that fit Logie’s style since he is the one selecting.

This article says 84% of the portal are scholarship players.

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/new ... inal-four/

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri May 05, 2023 12:04 pm

lv2hoop wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:12 am
Our coaches have a plan if they are still trimming what is left of our current roster in preparation for the number of new faces that will soon be wearing the blue and gold. Go Cats!!!
I am just hoping to keep Patrick, Sam and Tyler as a foundation. They are all legit players ready to take the next step. I haven’t seen enough of Miller at guard. Hoping we can get a nice post player as a key piece for next season.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri May 05, 2023 1:34 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:11 am

It will certainly be interesting when the championship banner is unveiled this season and rings handed out and the four or five guys left on the team get to stand up and be applauded for the achievement.
It's probably the hat that you are wearing.😁

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 05, 2023 3:14 pm

allcat wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:34 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:11 am

It's probably the hat that you are wearing.😁
I can root for both teams. 8)

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon May 08, 2023 9:24 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:54 am
Cataholic wrote:

Plus the questions of fitting in academically and whether they are willing to come to MSU.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers