Logie coaching staff

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Logie coaching staff

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon May 01, 2023 3:37 pm

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Logie coaching staff

Post by 4Mare » Mon May 01, 2023 5:48 pm

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Mon May 01, 2023 6:09 pm

I have to be the first to say it! Lol we are hiring grizz assistants?? Really??

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon May 01, 2023 6:11 pm

Dang, Scholl was the head coach at San Diego for a few season, Payne knows the Big Sky (obviously played for that other team) and Smith is a guy he's bringing with from Loma. Seems like a solid staff.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon May 01, 2023 6:15 pm

Okay...now all we need is some players. [-o<

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon May 01, 2023 6:17 pm

Nothing to whine about here. Good job, Matt. Buy ‘em some snow shovels.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon May 01, 2023 6:18 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:15 pm
Okay...now all we need is some players. [-o<
Oh, yah. Forgot about them. 😬

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon May 01, 2023 7:50 pm

Progress! A good thing!

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon May 01, 2023 7:56 pm

Good job, Coach Logie. I am relieved. But yes, now it's time to sign some players, including, I hope, a couple of big guys who like to rebound.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon May 01, 2023 8:49 pm

Looks like a good staff. Definitely very Southern California and West Coast-heavy but that's not necessarily a bad thing, plenty of talent there.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Mon May 01, 2023 9:25 pm

This seems like a great staff , for me I'm glad to see coaching and recruiting experience at high levels, and for them to have various backgrounds. Strength in diversity.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Mon May 01, 2023 10:09 pm

Here's what the AI app spit out to me after I said a few words into my phone about this impressive staff that Coach Logie quickly assembled. It wrote the following 3 paragraphs in about 3 seconds.

Matt Logie, the new men's basketball coach at Montana State, has made an impressive move by hiring three new assistant coaches, including Sam Scholl and Zack Payne. Scholl, the former head coach at the University of San Diego, brings a wealth of experience to the team and is sure to be a valuable asset to Logie's coaching staff. Payne, who has served as a D1 assistant coach for several years, is also a seasoned veteran in the world of college basketball and will undoubtedly make significant contributions to the team's success.

Logie's decision to bring on these highly qualified coaches is a clear indication of his commitment to building a successful program at Montana State. With their expertise and experience, the new coaching staff is sure to help elevate the team's performance and take them to the next level.

Overall, Logie's hiring of Scholl, Payne, and the other new assistant coach, Julius Smith from Pt. Loma, is a major coup for Montana State and a testament to Logie's ability to identify and recruit top talent. It's a move that could prove to be a game-changer for the team and one that fans will no doubt be excited about.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon May 01, 2023 11:55 pm

lv2hoop wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:09 pm
Here's what the AI app spit out to me after I said a few words into my phone about this impressive staff that Coach Logie quickly assembled. It wrote the following 3 paragraphs in about 3 seconds.

Matt Logie, the new men's basketball coach at Montana State, has made an impressive move by hiring three new assistant coaches, including Sam Scholl and Zack Payne. Scholl, the former head coach at the University of San Diego, brings a wealth of experience to the team and is sure to be a valuable asset to Logie's coaching staff. Payne, who has served as a D1 assistant coach for several years, is also a seasoned veteran in the world of college basketball and will undoubtedly make significant contributions to the team's success.

Logie's decision to bring on these highly qualified coaches is a clear indication of his commitment to building a successful program at Montana State. With their expertise and experience, the new coaching staff is sure to help elevate the team's performance and take them to the next level.

Overall, Logie's hiring of Scholl, Payne, and the other new assistant coach, Julius Smith from Pt. Loma, is a major coup for Montana State and a testament to Logie's ability to identify and recruit top talent. It's a move that could prove to be a game-changer for the team and one that fans will no doubt be excited about.
That is pretty awesome. I find this AI stuff both fascinating and terrifying. We know that Logie hired some good assistants with good resumes. Just curious what AI would generate if the coach had a weak resume. Would it say to “prepare for the worst”? :lol: Or is AI programmed to find the nicest things to say?🤷‍♂️

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue May 02, 2023 12:46 am

4Mare wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:48 pm
Welcome Coach Scholl, Coach Payne and Coach Smith. Let’s keep the train rolling.

GO CATS!!!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue May 02, 2023 8:22 am

For Payne Is this move a promotion for higher responsibility and pay, or just the familiarity with Logie.
Last edited by tetoncat on Tue May 02, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sports is not bigger than life

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue May 02, 2023 3:37 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:55 pm
lv2hoop wrote:

That is pretty awesome. I find this AI stuff both fascinating and terrifying. We know that Logie hired some good assistants with good resumes. Just curious what AI would generate if the coach had a weak resume. Would it say to “prepare for the worst”? :lol: Or is AI programmed to find the nicest things to say?🤷‍♂️
And you hit the nail on the head there. Super cool, but terrifying. Yep, whoever codes this does it with their own personal bias's in place, whether intentional or not. But... also this is being programmed to learn and adapt, and even develop bias's, tendencies, etc. It is going to be fascinating, and probably not in a good way. The scariest part is that we are literally just getting started with the capabilities and power of what this can do here. I can't even comprehend what the world will look like in 100 years, if we're still here. Heck, 10 years from now will probably be a completely new world. Sorry for the side track... so we should do the same for Sprinkle and his new home, lol. Maybe I'll do that later tonight.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue May 02, 2023 3:50 pm

lv2hoop wrote:

Somewhat impressive. One aspect of AI that really gets on my nerves is Google maps. Many times I've been at the mercy of the route driver who just happened to take a break or a senic byway when they were making the route from point A to point B. For instance, Google Maps wants me to take 470 through Denver when I'm going somewhere and I'll get the Toll bill a couple months later if I do follow the directions.

Although, a recent trip from Kansas City to New Orleans they did lead me to a little town just off the interstate full of great barbecue joints!

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Tue May 02, 2023 4:02 pm

The hiring of Sam Scholl and Zack Payne by Matt Logie for the Montana State men's basketball program appears to be a smart move. Scholl, who was previously the head coach at the University of San Diego, has a proven track record of success in both coaching and recruiting. During his time at USD, he helped lead the team to their best start in school history, and was able to attract some top-level recruits to the program. Scholl is also known for his ability to develop players and get them to reach their full potential, which will be important for a program like Montana State that is looking to compete at a higher level.

Meanwhile, Zack Payne comes to Montana State with a wealth of experience in both coaching and scouting. Payne was most recently an assistant coach at Montana, where he helped the program to three NCAA tournament appearances. He has also spent time as a scout for the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks and worked as an assistant coach at several other Division I programs. Payne's knowledge of the game and his ability to identify and recruit top talent will be invaluable to the Montana State program as they look to build a winning team. Overall, Logie's hiring of Scholl and Payne demonstrates a commitment to building a strong coaching staff that can take the program to the next level.

In conclusion, the hiring of Sam Scholl and Zack Payne is a wise move by Matt Logie for the Montana State men's basketball program. Scholl's success in coaching and recruiting, as well as his ability to develop players, will be a major asset to the program. Meanwhile, Payne's experience in coaching and scouting, as well as his ability to identify top talent, will be crucial in building a winning team. Together, Scholl and Payne form a strong coaching staff that has the potential to take Montana State to new heights in the coming years.

This AI stuff is crazy;)

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu May 25, 2023 12:58 pm

Well this reads like Julius Smith might be vying for the HC gig at Cal State San Marcos, a D2 squad.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu May 25, 2023 5:53 pm

Wow, that might be a record for shortest-tenured coach.