Matt Logie is the Guy

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Matt Logie is the Guy

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:44 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:51 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:11 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:44 am
84CatGrad wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:10 pm
Cruzado

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 63ba9.html
Love her. Is it too early to put up a Cruzado bronze statue?
Victor Flores, can’t you even figure out which university it is that you are covering? Your headline for the Cruzado talk says ”Montana president Waded Cruzado on Matt Logie.”
Hey Victor, looks you like made an error in your headline, just a heads up! - a nicer way to say the same thing.
Shoot, maybe Waded took a graduate transfer through the Presidents’ portal. 😆. Sorry, I guess I was a little grumpy, but that error has been plaguing MSU ever since I learned to read at Irving School and TV Sports was invented.
Bobcat4ever I think you were appropriately blunt with your comment to Flores. The way he wrote his headline was at the very least, sloppy and lazy. At it's worst, well I'll be nice to him and not say here what it looks like. If he's getting paid for his work he should do a more professional job.
He's also been around long enough that he can't really claim ignorance. This doesn't reach the level of torches, pitch forks, tar and feathers but a
mea culpa from Flores would be in order.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:41 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:44 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:51 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:11 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:44 am
84CatGrad wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:10 pm
Cruzado

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 63ba9.html
Love her. Is it too early to put up a Cruzado bronze statue?
Victor Flores, can’t you even figure out which university it is that you are covering? Your headline for the Cruzado talk says ”Montana president Waded Cruzado on Matt Logie.”
Hey Victor, looks you like made an error in your headline, just a heads up! - a nicer way to say the same thing.
Shoot, maybe Waded took a graduate transfer through the Presidents’ portal. 😆. Sorry, I guess I was a little grumpy, but that error has been plaguing MSU ever since I learned to read at Irving School and TV Sports was invented.
Bobcat4ever I think you were appropriately blunt with your comment to Flores. The way he wrote his headline was at the very least, sloppy and lazy. At it's worst, well I'll be nice to him and not say here what it looks like. If he's getting paid for his work he should do a more professional job.
He's also been around long enough that he can't really claim ignorance. This doesn't reach the level of torches, pitch forks, tar and feathers but a
mea culpa from Flores would be in order.
Not to go so far as to defend Flores but the writer of the article isn't usually the person writing the headline. This is probably on the editor, who almost definitely has lived in Montana longer than Flores.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:41 am

Always funny when he outs himself as a BN lurker.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:48 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:41 am

For those that may not click the tweet, he does go on to apologize in a reply tweet. Just thought we should be fair when calling him out and also pointing out that he apologized for his error.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:40 pm

coloradocat wrote:

I was going to let this go but his tweet got me fired up.

He doesn't care.
It's not accidental.
He didn't really apologize "I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise."

It's a big deal. To not know that is either indifference or laziness.

Here's the thing Vic..... We have been over shadowed and told we were "little brother" and "irrelevant" for years. We climbed a mountain and deserve the damn respect of getting our school name correct and not as an after thought that you "probably wouldn't notice otherwise."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:05 pm

kcatz wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:40 pm
coloradocat wrote:

I was going to let this go but his tweet got me fired up.

He doesn't care.
It's not accidental.
He didn't really apologize "I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise."

It's a big deal. To not know that is either indifference or laziness.

Here's the thing Vic..... We have been over shadowed and told we were "little brother" and "irrelevant" for years. We climbed a mountain and deserve the damn respect of getting our school name correct and not as an after thought that you "probably wouldn't notice otherwise."
The guy apologized, good enough. Of course I never make mistakes,so I would not have to apologize. I also have a very short memory.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:42 pm

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:03 pm

Over a week and no rumblings of assistants. Tough for him to be recruiting all by himself, both for players and assistants

Sports is not bigger than life

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:27 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:03 pm
Over a week and no rumblings of assistants. Tough for him to be recruiting all by himself, both for players and assistants
During his intro press conference he made it sound like he's bringing some of his previous assistants in. How long does it take to do a background check and write up a contract?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:01 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:27 pm
tetoncat wrote:
During his intro press conference he made it sound like he's bringing some of his previous assistants in. How long does it take to do a background check and write up a contract?
Logie's top assistant got the head coaching job, so he will not be coming.

snarf
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by snarf » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:43 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:27 pm
tetoncat wrote:
With certain functions still working to be restored after the cyberattack at MSU last week, longer than normal on the background check and contracts.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue May 16, 2023 3:35 pm

I'm very excited for this new hire! I firmly believe given the new kids he's already brought in and the ones who chose to stay have the potential to be something very special and pleasantly surprising! If his teams perform as I expect them to, it's going to be golden. This is better than Few started with and the very young Butler coach, Stevens, at the time:

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 030ed.html