WHO STAYS AND WHO GOES?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: WHO STAYS AND WHO GOES?

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:56 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:05 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:01 pm
I’ve never seen a team destroyed so quickly. Pretty amazing to watch.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, EWU was in the same boat a few years ago.
They got Steele Venters from almost right down the road. Everyone says Montana doesn’t produce top-drawer D-I prospects. Let’s see if EWU can keep it going. I’m a bit doubtful, although they have a tunnel to Australia.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:31 pm

Pecos24 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:56 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Its quite shocking, TBH. Never imagined this is where we'd be today.
Sprinkle did a beautiful job building up this program…now it feels like he doused it all in gasoline and tossed a match on his way out. Crazy.
So far, he's just taken his two assistants with him. I expect some players to follow but as of now you can't blame all the transfers on Sprinkle, other than not being the guy anymore. Players leave when their coaches leave, nothing new here.

Not sure why you can say he burned the program down.... yet.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:20 pm

In what is hopefully good news, MSU's four remaining scholarship players with Twitter accounts (McMahon, Lecholat, Miller, and Patterson) all retweeted MSU's announcement of the new hire. If I'm one of those guys I'm frankly pretty excited to move up the depth chart and get a chance to be a major contributor next year.

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:48 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:31 pm
Pecos24 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:56 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Its quite shocking, TBH. Never imagined this is where we'd be today.
Sprinkle did a beautiful job building up this program…now it feels like he doused it all in gasoline and tossed a match on his way out. Crazy.
So far, he's just taken his two assistants with him. I expect some players to follow but as of now you can't blame all the transfers on Sprinkle, other than not being the guy anymore. Players leave when their coaches leave, nothing new here.

Not sure why you can say he burned the program down.... yet.
I said “feels” like. Am I not allowed to feel that way? He left and took the top assistants with him, understandable but still sucks. Our top players jumping ship understandable, but it would have been nice to give the new a guy a chance. It just feels bad. This guy might come in and right the ship right away with some good transfers. But I am guessing it will be a couple years before things start looking up again. We’ll have to wait and see!

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:53 am

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:20 pm
In what is hopefully good news, MSU's four remaining scholarship players with Twitter accounts (McMahon, Lecholat, Miller, and Patterson) all retweeted MSU's announcement of the new hire. If I'm one of those guys I'm frankly pretty excited to move up the depth chart and get a chance to be a major contributor next year.
That’s good news. I’ve been crossing my fingers on McMahon — I feel he’s our best returning player. When he can stay injury-free, he’ll be a star. A little more active offense would suit him well.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:22 am

Perhaps Darius Brown to Utah State isn't such a done deal after all. Would be ironic for him to end up at Notre Dame, the school that started the chain of hires that led to Sprinkle leaving MSU.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:55 am

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:01 am

Once again, an interesting fact. Battle, Ifanse, and White all decided to play their final season elsewhere, but they are each all time great Cats and I have no doubt all will be elected on the same ballot to the MSU Hall of Fame someday. They all deserve to be elected to the HOF, but it’s still a strange fact.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:58 pm

https://huskers.com/news/2023/4/17/wome ... coach.aspx

https://dohz8k90z3boq.cloudfront.net/im ... format=jpg

So shouldn’t Nebraska send us a couple of their second stringers in return? Only seems fair!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:35 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:01 am
Once again, an interesting fact. Battle, Ifanse, and White all decided to play their final season elsewhere, but they are each all time great Cats and I have no doubt all will be elected on the same ballot to the MSU Hall of Fame someday. They all deserve to be elected to the HOF, but it’s still a strange fact.
If Battle get's into the HOF playing 2 seasons and transferring with eligibility remaining, the HOF is meaningless...
I still don't think a player that leaves MSU to finish out their eligibility at a different college should be elected.

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:32 pm

Battle should not ever be in the HOF.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:50 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:35 pm
AFCAT wrote:
If Battle get's into the HOF playing 2 seasons and transferring with eligibility remaining, the HOF is meaningless...
I still don't think a player that leaves MSU to finish out their eligibility at a different college should be elected.
Amen!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:25 pm

I am not sure if this is significant, but Utah State just announced that Danny has hired an assistant coach...Andy Hill.

So what about Coach Haslem? Does this mean there is a chance he may be staying with the Bobcats to work with Coach Logie?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:26 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:50 pm
The Butcher wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Amen!
Even though, in the case of Ifanse and White, there was no such year of eligibility when they committed to MSU, and there is not one except for 2020? It would seem highly uneven that they would be required to play five seasons at MSU when all others only have to play four (or three as in the past). They didn’t exactly plan on a bonus year of eligibility until the Earth was struck by a pandemic. Both MSU graduates, all-time greats and Hall-of-Famers.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:34 pm

duelalumnicat wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:25 pm
I am not sure if this is significant, but Utah State just announced that Danny has hired an assistant coach...Andy Hill.

So what about Coach Haslem? Does this mean there is a chance he may be staying with the Bobcats to work with Coach Logie?
https://www.deseret.com/2023/4/15/23685 ... -andy-hill

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:50 pm

Thank you Cat Grad. I was led astray by my wishful thinking.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:09 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Amen!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:18 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Amen!
If a person that chose to leave MSU for another university to complete their collegiate eligibility were selected to the HOF, what would their bio include? You would think you recognize they left MSU to play at a different university to compete their collegiate career. Would you include any accolades they received at their other university like when they include information about player’s professional career. If a former player was selected All Big Ten, that is a serious accomplishment like being selected in the NFL draft (which is included in HOF bios). Maybe with certain players you could use an asterisk indicating they transferred due to extended eligibility from COVID (this would include only 5 seasons of players)? But then should you consider making other individuals eligible that left MSU due to different circumstances they do not control like coaching changes?
A lot to consider if the time were to ever come.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:40 pm

I hope the new staff can retool, reset, whatever you want to call it as fast as Wyoming has in less than a week.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... ae58b.html

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:52 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:18 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Amen!
If a person that chose to leave MSU for another university to complete their collegiate eligibility were selected to the HOF, what would their bio include? You would think you recognize they left MSU to play at a different university to compete their collegiate career. Would you include any accolades they received at their other university like when they include information about player’s professional career. If a former player was selected All Big Ten, that is a serious accomplishment like being selected in the NFL draft (which is included in HOF bios). Maybe with certain players you could use an asterisk indicating they transferred due to extended eligibility from COVID (this would include only 5 seasons of players)? But then should you consider making other individuals eligible that left MSU due to different circumstances they do not control like coaching changes?
A lot to consider if the time were to ever come.
I guess it’s good for them that you all aren’t voting.
I would lead with the fantastic accomplishment all three had as Bobcats, including the championships, individual accolades, and records they set. No asterisks needed.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter