Potential recruit for Lady Cats from the portal?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Potential recruit for Lady Cats from the portal?

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:24 pm

Kailee Oliverson, who is from Montana and was a star for Twin Bridges, has announced she's entered the transfer portal. Originally went to Nevada-Reno, and then transferred to Northern State University in South Dakota. Two years of eligibility left. Looks like she's been somewhat injury prone during her time at NSU, and she's even wearing a boot in her post, but definitely think her size and athleticism might be good for the Lady Cats.

https://twitter.com/kailee_machelle/sta ... 57/photo/1

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Potential recruit for Lady Cats from the portal?

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:21 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:24 pm
Kailee Oliverson, who is from Montana and was a star for Twin Bridges, has announced she's entered the transfer portal. Originally went to Nevada-Reno, and then transferred to Northern State University in South Dakota. Two years of eligibility left. Looks like she's been somewhat injury prone during her time at NSU, and she's even wearing a boot in her post, but definitely think her size and athleticism might be good for the Lady Cats.

Interesting. I was hoping we might add her out of high school. I’ve not seen her play, but she was really getting talked up while playing at Twin. Past two years named 1st-team NSIC (Northern Sun). A D-II league, that often has some very good individual players. She’s 6’4” and jumps on her jump shot.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:56 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:24 pm

I did see her play in high school in District and Division tournaments….and I was kinda bummed when she went to Nevada (I don’t know if Cats offered her but I just assumed they did). She was athletic but pretty “lean” and my only thought at the time was that she was going to need to develop some toughness/strength which a few years in weight room would do. And I assume she is a stronger kid today after 4 years of college ball. She was a good track athlete too participating in hurdles, high jump (cleared 5 ft per online data) etc. Would be interesting to see if Coach Bin gives her a shot at MSU. I mean the last lady from Twin Bridges did pretty fair…ya think!!!

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:10 pm

She went to Reno and transferred to Northern where she played 4 years and still has 2 years of eligibility? Her bio on Northern's website doesn't mention Reno.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:36 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:10 pm
She went to Reno and transferred to Northern where she played 4 years and still has 2 years of eligibility? Her bio on Northern's website doesn't mention Reno.
I noticed that. I guess Nevada Reno doesn’t get mentioned because she left before start of season due to the concussions. 🤷‍♂️

But for those who didn’t know here is a link to article on her leaving UNR.

https://406mtsports.com/college/basketb ... 3.amp.html

And as to having 2 years to play….I thought I saw that her first year at Northern State was a red-shirt year thus she technically played 3 years with two to play (allowing for the Covid year)….or did you see it somewhere that she had actually played 4 years?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:55 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."