WBB Next Year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: WBB Next Year

Post by CatBot » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:52 pm

Thought this was really cool. Decided to put it here in the WBB thread instead of starting something new somewhere.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:40 pm

CatBot wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:52 pm
Thought this was really cool. Decided to put it here in the WBB thread instead of starting something new somewhere.

LOVE the Women's World Cup. My favorite sporting event. Love our team, love the sport and in particular I like that you get to watch 45 minutes of uninterrupted action with zero ads.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:37 pm

4Mare wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:54 pm
Dykstra is officially on the U19 Team Canada National Team!

She is currently in Spain getting ready for the Canada vs. China game at 6:45am (MDT) Saturday, July 15. Games will be live-streamed on the FIBA YouTube channel.
https://m.youtube.com/live/8xo_Nv8objA? ... EKtijzTkyE

Most on the board probably remember Marah was on Canada’s U18 team also. In the Amerikas Championships in Buenos Aires Canada won Group A and lost to the American team by 5 points in the championship. Marah led the tournament averaging 11 rebounds per game. I asked Marah since she had competed against pretty high caliber teams what the toughest transition she had coming to play at D1 level….basically she said in that tourney she was competing against 18 year old ladies and now she was competing against 20-22 year olds that were a couple years stronger. So I am excited to see how she develops as she continues to get stronger. The next few years should be fun to watch.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/6/24/w ... nding.aspx

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:12 am

Canada easily beat Brazil 82-45 today in their Round of 16 game and will play Australia or Mali in the quarterfinals. Definitely seems like another USA vs Canada championship game could be coming, great for Marah to get as much experience as possible at this level of competition.

CatFanzzz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatFanzzz » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:49 pm

People are going to see just how valuable Darian White was to this program, and I hope the girls are prepared. White was able to penetrate at will and get girls wide open jump shots. She forced defenders to help, leaving other players very open. She defended the entire backcourt yet led the team in rebounds. I’m not saying they can’t gel as a team and win games, but I am saying there was much more to Darian White’s game than her offense, and those things are going to be drastically missed. Janson and Limardo have had 3 years to show what they can do WITH the best pg in the league, so I am not overly confident in what they can do without a solid pg. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:25 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:14 pm
This doesn't affect next year, or the next, or the next, but the 'Cats have offered super-frosh (soph this fall) Madison O'Connor out of Baker. I would compare her very favorably to Sophie Stiles.
What the heck, you’ve downgraded O’Connor from the class B Caitlin Clark to a Stiles comparable 😉

In the not next year or the following year category, super-soph (junior this fall) Paige Lofing of Huntley Project has picked up an offer from MSU. Ex Griz Mandy Morales is her HS coach so we’ll see what effect that may have on her recruitment.

For the seniors to be prospects out of SE Montana, Breanna Williams of Skyview has committed to Maryland & I don’t know the status of Taylee Chirrick of Roberts.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:30 pm

CatFanzzz wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:49 pm
People are going to see just how valuable Darian White was to this program, and I hope the girls are prepared. White was able to penetrate at will and get girls wide open jump shots. She forced defenders to help, leaving other players very open. She defended the entire backcourt yet led the team in rebounds. I’m not saying they can’t gel as a team and win games, but I am saying there was much more to Darian White’s game than her offense, and those things are going to be drastically missed. Janson and Limardo have had 3 years to show what they can do WITH the best pg in the league, so I am not overly confident in what they can do without a solid pg. Let’s hope I’m wrong.
Wow! That’s what you get with having your own personal PR firm! There was Women’s basketball before Darian White at MSU and they’ll be Women’s basketball after Darian White at MSU. She’ll be part of a winning legacy at MSU, but she’s not the only ingredient in a winning recipe for the program. I think the program will continue to improve.

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4Mare » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:57 pm

FIBA U19 Women’s World Cup in Spain finished on the wkend.
Semi-Finals: Canada 70 vs. Spain 77
Bronze Game: Canada 80 vs. France 73
Gold Medal Game: USA 69 vs. Spain 66

Dykstra finished 2nd in rebounds for Canada & got excellent international experience going against (& usually tasked w/ defending), the best players from other countries. She averaged 23 mins. p/game & started all 7 games in the World Cup as she helped Team Canada to their 2nd podium finish ever for the U19 FIBA Championships.

hoopsforhope
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hoopsforhope » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:20 am

Invaluable experience. Dykstra should be a leader on the court.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:53 pm

MSUBocats.com has updated their WBB site with the photos of this years team. Izzy Bunyan, who I am most high on for the incoming freshman, sure has that about to "go postal" look to her :wink: The bio's are sub standard or non existent as usual.

aucat

Post by aucat » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:01 pm

I saw several members of the WBB team at the football game yesterday. They were showing off their Big Sky championship rings to friends and family. Just observing from the outside I get the feeling that there's a good chemistry on this team. THere's also some good videos of the team on their facebook page. Looking forward to the season getting underway. Lots of new faces.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 pm

aucat wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:01 pm
I saw several members of the WBB team at the football game yesterday. They were showing off their Big Sky championship rings to friends and family. Just observing from the outside I get the feeling that there's a good chemistry on this team. THere's also some good videos of the team on their facebook page. Looking forward to the season getting underway. Lots of new faces.
I saw four of them at the game and gave them "let's go get 'em" fist bumps. I'm pumped for the season.

Side bar - I've gone to the NCAA men's tournament with friends every year since '96. This year we are going to Portland for the Women's NCAA Sweet 16/Elite 8 games. Part of it is the ever spiraling ticket costs of the men's game but a big part of it is how good the women's game has become. If you did not watch the women's tournament in general and Caitlyn Clark in particular last year you missed out.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:54 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 pm
aucat wrote:
I saw four of them at the game and gave them "let's go get 'em" fist bumps. I'm pumped for the season.

Side bar - I've gone to the NCAA men's tournament with friends every year since '96. This year we are going to Portland for the Women's NCAA Sweet 16/Elite 8 games. Part of it is the ever spiraling ticket costs of the men's game but a big part of it is how good the women's game has become. If you did not watch the women's tournament in general and Caitlyn Clark in particular last year you missed out.
I happened to be in Seattle during the women's tournament in March, and bought a ticket on a whim to go watch Iowa vs Louisville in the regional final. Caitlin Clark vs Hailey Van Lith, who has now transferred to the defending national champs LSU. One of the best sporting events I've ever been to, highly recommend the women's tournament as much more accessible yet still highly entertaining with some amazing players.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 pm
aucat wrote:

It was nice to see the WBB and MBB teams recognized on the field at the homecoming game this weekend…..for their conference championships.

A plug for the Fast Break Club supporting WBB here. The whole team (except Brumfield who had family commitment) was at a meet and greet at a FBC sponsored tailgate during the Stetson game also. It was nice to meet the ladies and several of their parents who were able to attend.

You will have another chance to see them in person at the Blue and Gold game coming up in October in a couple weeks. The season is rapidly approaching.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:06 pm

Is it next year yet?

It’s only football. It’s not like brain science or rocket surgery.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:46 pm

For those who might have missed it Coach Bin was on KSKY this morning talking about the upcoming season and the attached article was on website discussing WBB.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2023/10/5/w ... ctice.aspx

Blue and Gold scrimmage coming up October 17 in the Brick for WBB. Last I heard they might open up tours of the new locker rooms. And a chance to meet and greet the team.

Join the Fastbreak Club to support WBB. This years weekly meetings will be on Facebook Live for Facebreak members only.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:54 am

Facebreak?

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:35 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:06 pm
Is it next year yet?
Apparently not. Less than a month to go and no schedule yet.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:24 pm

MSU’s Jackson Returns for Covid Fifth Season

BOZEMAN, Mont. - Oct. 6, 2023 – Madison Jackson, a 5-9 guard from Parma, Idaho, has announced she will return to the Montana State women’s basketball program using her Covid fifth season. Jackson, who married former Bobcat men’s basketball manager Brayden Hall over the summer, has played in 99 games in the Blue and Gold, including twenty-two starts going back to the 2019-20 season.

“Madison has been the heart and soul of our program over the last four years,” said MSU 19th-year head coach Tricia Binford. “She is a true representative of our core values and we’re more than excited to have her back in a Bobcat uniform.

“She brings us good energy on both ends of the court,” Binford added. “Last season, she was an important piece in winning the Big Sky regular season championship. She started the final 17 games and really made big strides in her game.”

Jackson averaged 5.2 points and 2.0 rebounds per game last winter in 17.5 minutes of action. She shot 39.4% from the field and 90% from the free throw line. Jackson was in double-figure scoring on five occasions, including a season-best 12 points against Northern Colorado and Eastern Washington.

“I chose to come back and take my fifth year due to missing the game too much,” Hall said. “I want to thank the coaching staff and my teammates for allowing me to come out of retirement. It’s a true blessing.”

Jackson registered a career-high 20 points and seven rebounds against Idaho State on Feb. 20, 2021. Along with teammates Darian White and Kola Bad Bear, the trio won 84 games together, the most by any class of Bobcats.

Tom Schulz
Athletics Communications Director
Montana State University

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:30 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:24 pm
MSU’s Jackson Returns for Covid Fifth Season

BOZEMAN, Mont. - Oct. 6, 2023 – Madison Jackson, a 5-9 guard from Parma, Idaho, has announced she will return to the Montana State women’s basketball program using her Covid fifth season. Jackson, who married former Bobcat men’s basketball manager Brayden Hall over the summer, has played in 99 games in the Blue and Gold, including twenty-two starts going back to the 2019-20 season.

“Madison has been the heart and soul of our program over the last four years,” said MSU 19th-year head coach Tricia Binford. “She is a true representative of our core values and we’re more than excited to have her back in a Bobcat uniform.

“She brings us good energy on both ends of the court,” Binford added. “Last season, she was an important piece in winning the Big Sky regular season championship. She started the final 17 games and really made big strides in her game.”

Jackson averaged 5.2 points and 2.0 rebounds per game last winter in 17.5 minutes of action. She shot 39.4% from the field and 90% from the free throw line. Jackson was in double-figure scoring on five occasions, including a season-best 12 points against Northern Colorado and Eastern Washington.

“I chose to come back and take my fifth year due to missing the game too much,” Hall said. “I want to thank the coaching staff and my teammates for allowing me to come out of retirement. It’s a true blessing.”

Jackson registered a career-high 20 points and seven rebounds against Idaho State on Feb. 20, 2021. Along with teammates Darian White and Kola Bad Bear, the trio won 84 games together, the most by any class of Bobcats.

Tom Schulz
Athletics Communications Director
Montana State University
I saw that she was with the basketball team on the field at Homecoming. Great news.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter