SOTW

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

SOTW

Post by bobcatmaniac » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:24 am

Anybody else watching our band at this tournament? They are so fun to watch!! Very talented and really put on quite a show. Can’t wait for tonight!!!

77matman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: SOTW

Post by 77matman » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:34 am

Outstanding. They were worth the cost of admission. Totally having too much fun.

bobcatfan15
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bobcatfan15 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:56 am

They have been putting on a show! The clarinet player is my favorite!!!

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

77matman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 77matman » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:06 am

Not your parent’s band, or how ever that Buick commercial goes. Whoever is responsible for the guidance and energy of the band deserves a hearty pat on the back.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:13 am

77matman wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:06 am
Not your parent’s band, or how ever that Buick commercial goes. Whoever is responsible for the guidance and energy of the band deserves a hearty pat on the back.
Dr. Nathan Stark is the Director of Bands. I'm sure he would appreciate the positive feedback!

https://www.montana.edu/music/directory ... than-stark

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:58 pm

Best and biggest band in the tournament and it's not close. Idaho had a very good, but much smaller band. I credit all the schools that brought a band including, Idaho State, Idaho, Weber State, and Montana State. It was also nice to have the Fruitland? High School band there for a couple of sessions. NAU had always brought their band, but this year, with their teams having an amazing tournament-no NAU band. Maybe the new schedule makes it tougher? I just think its pathetic that the University of Montana, who if you ask them would say they're the marquee program in the conference, doesn't bring their band.

The pep rallys with the band and cheerleaders at Parilla downtown-just a few blocks from the arena are an absolute blast. Bobcat fans need to be there!
https://twitter.com/MTStateAlumni/statu ... 6207368192

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:15 pm

They are absolutely the best. A great asset to the university!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 pm

bobcatfan15 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:56 am
https://twitter.com/tweetingclip/status ... 2554543104

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:27 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:57 pm
bobcatfan15 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:56 am
https://twitter.com/tweetingclip/status ... 2554543104
That’s fantastic! :lol:

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:02 pm

And after three hours if non stop energy at the game, we honked and waved at them on the sidewalk waiting for the bus. The explosion of enthusiasm from them was powerful and impressive! Can't beat those natural drugs.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

77matman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 77matman » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:55 am

Absolutely invigorating!!!!

bandcat24
New Recruit

Post by bandcat24 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:34 am

I am the clarinet player that went to Boise. I browse this board occasionally and this thread prompted me to make an account here. I would like to extend a massive thank you for all of the fan support we received while at the tournament. There were at least a half dozen people who came up to me on Wednesday and thanked me for what SOTW was doing in terms of bringing energy at the games. We just finalized our roster for March Madness and are looking forward to supporting the team wherever they end up going.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:59 am

bandcat24 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:34 am
I am the clarinet player that went to Boise. I browse this board occasionally and this thread prompted me to make an account here. I would like to extend a massive thank you for all of the fan support we received while at the tournament. There were at least a half dozen people who came up to me on Wednesday and thanked me for what SOTW was doing in terms of bringing energy at the games. We just finalized our roster for March Madness and are looking forward to supporting the team wherever they end up going.
As a former high school band clarinet player-you're my hero. If you don't already have one-you deserve a full-ride scholarship! Great job by you and everybody. So proud of our band. Have fun at the tourney!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:20 pm

bandcat24 wrote:
I can confidently tell you that the number of fans that appreciate your efforts number in the tens of thousands!! Keep up the great work and representing MSU so well!!

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:26 pm

Awesome to have such a great band!!! Enjoy March Madness and I hope you all get some major television time.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:51 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:59 am
bandcat24 wrote:
As a former high school band clarinet player-you're my hero. If you don't already have one-you deserve a full-ride scholarship! Great job by you and everybody. So proud of our band. Have fun at the tourney!
Hey, I also played clarinet and piano. But I had no natural ability and had to practice every day. I stopped but my daughter has paid for her life for the last 15 years as a mariachi musician with a degree in engineering from UCI. Still playing music and is working on graduate degree in teaching.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:06 pm

bandcat24 wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed your performance and and entire band! Hope your chiropractic bill isn’t too much 😉

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:20 pm

bandcat24 wrote:
Thank you so much for all of the energy you bring to every event! My kids don’t come to the games to watch the team. They come to watch the band! I love the performance you guys give!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:38 pm

Also a clarinetist here. A few of us would get together for a Jazz Jam in our hometown parades and New Years eves under the canopy of the local Pontiac dealership. I was terrible at reading music. Generally played by ear.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:57 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:38 pm
Also a clarinetist here. A few of us would get together for a Jazz Jam in our hometown parades and New Years eves under the canopy of the local Pontiac dealership. I was terrible at reading music. Generally played by ear.
Might sound like recorders on steroids. It's been a while. :lol: