WBB Tournament Game Thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: WBB Tournament Game Thread

Post by aucat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:08 pm

The NAU women are playing like they are deserving of their number one seed, so far. I am trying to tolerate these announcers....
Easier to do since UM and MSU are not playing.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:46 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:41 pm
aucat wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:09 pm
I am watching the EWU vs UM women's game and it really makes me appreciate the independent, objective and professional job that the two announcers for the men's games provide. It seems to me that these two ladies are so pro UM that this might as well be UM's own announcers. Whenever the MSU women are on TV, I have to mute the TV sound. I would rather watch the game in silence OR listen to the MSU announcer 30 seconds out of sync than to listen to the incredibly bias for UM that these two women exude.
Those two were terrible for the MSU vs PSU game. They were absolutely shrieking (play-by-play the worst) into their microphones every time Portland State made another three. It was beyond cringeworthy. Why don’t the adults at the Big Sky offices listen to the two products and give the women a better crew. Title lX is supposed to provide for equal treatment, and I’m saying the women are really getting the short end of the stick when it comes to the TV announcers. The men’s crew is even-handed and always professional. The Conference needs to fix this to be fair to the women. I know there are good women announcers available, if that’s a requirement. The lady that used to do PSU (and now does the color), Terri, is always good to listen to. Knowledgeable, and even-handed.
Apparently someone paid attention as the women’s crew was replaced for the championship game.
The “new” crew did a much better job.

I hope to never hear Alex Eschelman’s voice again.

That shrill, nasally, whiney voice.

Mute with Spotify playlist was the way to go.

Have a wonderful day!!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:25 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:46 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:41 pm
aucat wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:09 pm
I am watching the EWU vs UM women's game and it really makes me appreciate the independent, objective and professional job that the two announcers for the men's games provide. It seems to me that these two ladies are so pro UM that this might as well be UM's own announcers. Whenever the MSU women are on TV, I have to mute the TV sound. I would rather watch the game in silence OR listen to the MSU announcer 30 seconds out of sync than to listen to the incredibly bias for UM that these two women exude.
Those two were terrible for the MSU vs PSU game. They were absolutely shrieking (play-by-play the worst) into their microphones every time Portland State made another three. It was beyond cringeworthy. Why don’t the adults at the Big Sky offices listen to the two products and give the women a better crew. Title lX is supposed to provide for equal treatment, and I’m saying the women are really getting the short end of the stick when it comes to the TV announcers. The men’s crew is even-handed and always professional. The Conference needs to fix this to be fair to the women. I know there are good women announcers available, if that’s a requirement. The lady that used to do PSU (and now does the color), Terri, is always good to listen to. Knowledgeable, and even-handed.
Apparently someone paid attention as the women’s crew was replaced for the championship game.
The “new” crew did a much better job.

I hope to never hear Alex Eschelman’s voice again.

That shrill, nasally, whiney voice.

Mute with Spotify playlist was the way to go.
Not quite sure what you mean. Tracy Warren has done all the Women’s play-by-play. Krista Redpath has done the color except Christy Thomaskutty worked the Championship. It was Tracy Warren (worst offender) and Krista Redpath who did the MSU vs PSU game. Alex Eschelman didn’t do game announcing (to my knowledge) but did the Courtside interviews.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:01 pm

It least we didn’t have to hear “Dorian” White continually said by the prior 3 years play by play announcer :)

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:06 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:01 pm
It least we didn’t have to hear “Dorian” White continually said by the prior 3 years play by play announcer :)
Oh, wow, I had forgotten that! :shock:

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:43 am

Not quite sure what you mean. Tracy Warren has done all the Women’s play-by-play. Krista Redpath has done the color except Christy Thomaskutty worked the Championship. It was Tracy Warren (worst offender) and Krista Redpath who did the MSU vs PSU game. Alex Eschelman didn’t do game announcing (to my knowledge) but did the Courtside interviews.

I did not see that Tracy was on the broadcast. They weren’t shrieking constantly. I saw Thomaskutty and figured they replaced them both.
I really don’t pay much attention to announcers.

Dark Side of the Moon works for so many broadcasts, not just the wiz.

Yup, AE is the big sky conf interviewer. And she is not good at that job. I like Tanaka…though.

90% of the people doing that job are not good at it. They just can’t do anything about else.

They might have to work.

All in good fun.

Have a wonderful day!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:55 pm

I was surprised that Sac State got a 13 seed. That's about as good as the BSC is ever gonna get, for either the men or women.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:22 am

John K wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:55 pm
I was surprised that Sac State got a 13 seed. That's about as good as the BSC is ever gonna get, for either the men or women.
Good for the conference, and good for them. I, like you, am surprised. Their first NCAA ever and they get a 13. We certainly had as much juice like the Peyton Ferris year and we’ve never sniffed a 13. Baffling. Of course I suppose that dude from over the hill is still on the selection committee.