MBB vs UNC

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

MBB vs UNC

Post by catscat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:58 pm

This game, as was the WBB at UNC, is a lot easier to watch than Thursday's game. Cats pretty much in control. Making 3s (Patterson matches the team total from Thursday).

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs UNC

Post by technoCat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:27 pm

Is it possible to even play defense anymore? Offensive players can throw shoulders into defenders to make space but if their arms come down a half degree, it's all whistles....

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:31 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:27 pm
Is it possible to even play defense anymore? Offensive players can throw shoulders into defenders to make space but if their arms come down a half degree, it's all whistles....
The refs here at the game just called you for a foul for that comment.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:33 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:31 pm
technoCat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:27 pm
The refs here at the game just called you for a foul for that comment.
It's my third!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:51 pm

Darius Brown's stat line is ridiculous in this game. He's got 12 assists and no turnovers. 5 boards and 3 steals.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:01 pm

Go cats!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:23 pm

Nice game for Patterson. Good bounce back for him.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:25 pm

Belo sure is a handful when he's not in too much foul trouble. Whenever he did go out our scoring seemed to dry up and UNCU started to get some things done. They threw a zone at us with Belo and Battle on the bench with three fouls and we didn't score for 5 minutes. They had a few chances to get to within 8 or 9 but didn't. Then Darius Brown got two steals in a row and we got going again. The little short bald ref-is that Bob Schofield? He always calls the most stupid stuff and sucks the life out of any game.

Great crowd again. The Indian drummers and dancers pre-game and at halftime were really cool. Great job by everybody on the No More Stolen Relatives event.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:26 pm

Great game! There's the comfortable win we've been waiting for. My ticket was $15 and I feel like I paid $5 to watch MSU, $5 to watch UNCU, and $5 to watch the atrocious bald ref who couldn't go more than 2 minutes without inserting himself into the action somehow. Feel bad for his two crewmates if that crew always works together. My favorite was the foul called when players were lining up for a free throw, which for some reason necessitated a lengthy ref conference before they actually called anything.

Side question, why are the Griz dressed like the old Vancouver Grizzlies NBA team? Is that the idea?

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:38 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:25 pm
Belo sure is a handful when he's not in too much foul trouble. Whenever he did go out our scoring seemed to dry up and UNCU started to get some things done. They threw a zone at us with Belo and Battle on the bench with three fouls and we didn't score for 5 minutes. They had a few chances to get to within 8 or 9 but didn't. Then Darius Brown got two steals in a row and we got going again. The little short bald ref-is that Bob Schofield? He always calls the most stupid stuff and sucks the life out of any game.

Great crowd again. The Indian drummers and dancers pre-game and at halftime were really cool. Great job by everybody on the No More Stolen Relatives event.
No that was not Bob Schofield, Bob is a little taller fatter and balder if you can imagine that.
I don't know which one was the short bald ref but here are their names. Donn Berdahl, Jon Stigliano, Ryan Holmes

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:54 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:26 pm
Great game! There's the comfortable win we've been waiting for. My ticket was $15 and I feel like I paid $5 to watch MSU, $5 to watch UNCU, and $5 to watch the atrocious bald ref who couldn't go more than 2 minutes without inserting himself into the action somehow. Feel bad for his two crewmates if that crew always works together. My favorite was the foul called when players were lining up for a free throw, which for some reason necessitated a lengthy ref conference before they actually called anything.

Side question, why are the Griz dressed like the old Vancouver Grizzlies NBA team? Is that the idea?
Yeah that foul was a head scratcher for sure. There is no way what went on there (a little hand fighting between 2 players lined up on the side of the lane during a free throw) should have any affect on the free throw or the game in general. No foul should have been called but to top it off it was kind of hard to tell who the foul shouldn't have been called on.

The Griz uniform colors were some kind of Nike thing promoting indigenous youth in sports.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:34 am

AROUND THE BIG SKY: EWU remains unscathed; Bobcats, Weber keep pace & Griz win third in a row
https://skylinesportsmt.com/around-the- ... -in-a-row/

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:38 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

No that was not Bob Schofield, Bob is a little taller fatter and balder if you can imagine that.
I don't know which one was the short bald ref but here are their names. Donn Berdahl, Jon Stigliano, Ryan Holmes
I think he only does women's games. He almost threw me out of a women's game a few years ago for challenging a call from the front row.

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:36 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

I think he only does women's games. He almost threw me out of a women's game a few years ago for challenging a call from the front row.
Scofield has amazing “rabbit ears” (listens to the crowd), seems to get down on certain players, and often fails to keep games under control — but this guy’s need for companionship and socialization and the spotlight during games is on another level entirely and is clearly a cry for help. 🙀

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:19 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:36 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Scofield has amazing “rabbit ears” (listens to the crowd), seems to get down on certain players, and often fails to keep games under control — but this guy’s need for companionship and socialization and the spotlight during games is on another level entirely and is clearly a cry for help. 🙀
=D^

2024 Resume dominance