WBB vs Sac State for First Place Saturday afternoon

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Re: WBB vs Sac State for First Place Saturday afternoon

Post by WYCAT » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:33 pm

Took our first lead 55-54 with 5:32 left only to quickly give up yet another 3. Dean and Amusan look like Curry and Thompson today.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:42 pm

WYCAT wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:33 pm
Took our first lead 55-54 with 5:32 left only to quickly give up yet another 3. Dean and Amusan look like Curry and Thompson today.
Some of those 3's are earned more than given.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:44 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:42 pm
WYCAT wrote:
Hence why I said they look like Curry and Thompson

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:45 pm

WYCAT wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:44 pm
rivercat wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:42 pm
WYCAT wrote:
Hence why I said they look like Curry and Thompson
Gotcha. Fun game here. Feeling like Cats will pull it out

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:52 pm

Offensive rebounds for sac the last 2:00 are killing us.

catscat

Post by catscat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:53 pm

Got it!!!

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:53 pm

Wow!!!!!!!!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:54 pm

Wow. What a gutty win. Just refused to give in.

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:56 pm

That’s just what I needed to get the ol’ heart going today!

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:57 pm

Nice.

Spot em 17 then win

Was that 8 players dressed?

Gutsy game.

Way to go ladies.

Have a wonderful day!!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Our ladies have grit, no doubt about it.

Great win!

Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:03 pm

Never say never...great comeback! Game ball and sparkplug to Beattie!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:31 pm

Sac shot 8-13 with 25 points in the first quarter but only 10-44 with 35 points the rest of the game. Nice job adjusting by the MSU defense and maybe Sac just ran out of gas a bit after the hot start. MSU needs to find a way to avoid these cold starts, eventually it will come back to bite them.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:41 pm

Tremendous win! Way to face adversity! Why are we so willing to give open threes? We won due to our deeper bench!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:06 pm

Great crowd today! I think we helped out a little bit. Tremendous win. Kola getting 17 against one of the best shot blockers in the country was incredible. A lot of credit to the other players for getting her the ball where she could score-especially Beattie who was a wizard out there. We weren't 100%-a few our players looked pretty pale, but depth won it. Sac has three of the best players in the league, but the talent drops off from there. Number 0 was incredible though-she's allowed to stick that chicken wing out all game long-yet they call us for two ticky tack offensive fouls on our last two possessions.

First place for the first half of the conference season. Great job, but a lot of work ahead. Sac is the real deal-really impressed with that team.

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:42 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:59 pm
Our ladies have grit, no doubt about it.

Great win!

Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time.
We talked about this part at the game quite a bit. One of the most bizarre officiating crews I can remember. Would let players get hammered down low, then call ticky tack or ghost fouls on other plays. I think it affected both teams close to the same, so I don't know that either team truly got an advantage, but just bizarre.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:40 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:06 pm
Great crowd today! I think we helped out a little bit. Tremendous win. Kola getting 17 against one of the best shot blockers in the country was incredible. A lot of credit to the other players for getting her the ball where she could score-especially Beattie who was a wizard out there. We weren't 100%-a few our players looked pretty pale, but depth won it. Sac has three of the best players in the league, but the talent drops off from there. Number 0 was incredible though-she's allowed to stick that chicken wing out all game long-yet they call us for two ticky tack offensive fouls on our last two possessions.

First place for the first half of the conference season. Great job, but a lot of work ahead. Sac is the real deal-really impressed with that team.
I think of playing Sac on the road and I have an anxiety attack. Number 0 will give me nightmares.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:18 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:40 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

I think of playing Sac on the road and I have an anxiety attack. Number 0 will give me nightmares.
Yes number 0 was incredible, but seemed like she ran out of gas with about 2:30 left. I think she probably played 38 minutes. Sac has some terrific players but don't seem to have/ use depth, will hurt them down the stretch and in the tournament.

bobcatfan15
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:26 pm

4KornerKat wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:18 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:40 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Yes number 0 was incredible, but seemed like she ran out of gas with about 2:30 left. I think she probably played 38 minutes. Sac has some terrific players but don't seem to have/ use depth, will hurt them down the stretch and in the tournament.
Did anyone else notice how much she carried the ball, or was it just me!? Seemed like every time she was running point she carried.

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:31 pm

They called her for it once, I think it's just the way she dribbles. They aren't going to call it every time she touches the ball.