WBB News

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

WBB News

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 am

A couple nice articles on Grace Beasely and Lexi Deden recently in 406 sports….for those interested you can read at the link below. Just scroll down after the article on Grace and you can find the link to article on Lexi.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 39588.html

In another vain, Mia Hughes who recently left the program, will be recognized at the MSU Founders Day event in February as one of the Top 40 Extraordinary students at MSU for her academics, community involvement and extracurricular activities. Congrats to Mia..a great kid and best of luck as she moves forward in any future endeavors.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: WBB News

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:08 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 am
A couple nice articles on Grace Beasely and Lexi Deden recently in 406 sports….for those interested you can read at the link below. Just scroll down after the article on Grace and you can find the link to article on Lexi.

In another vain, Mia Hughes who recently left the program, will be recognized at the MSU Founders Day event in February as one of the Top 40 Extraordinary students at MSU for her academics, community involvement and extracurricular activities. Congrats to Mia..a great kid and best of luck as she moves forward in any future endeavors.
I really enjoy articles like those about Lexi and Grace. It helps frame what you see them do on the court.

Mia? Wow, Founders Day Awards are the real deal. That’s impressive. She may have found basketball to be a bit too time and energy consumptive to keep up with all she can do. Congratulations, Mia! I hope that means we are keeping her as a student.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:15 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:08 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 am

I really enjoy articles like those about Lexi and Grace. It helps frame what you see them do on the court.

Mia? Wow, Founders Day Awards are the real deal. That’s impressive. She may have found basketball to be a bit too time and energy consumptive to keep up with all she can do. Congratulations, Mia! I hope that means we are keeping her as a student.
Bobcat4Ever….Coach said Mia is graduating in May after only 2 years. She came in with a lot of APcredits that carried into college but still….. to finish in just two years shows she worked hard at school. So to stay in school she would be pursuing a graduate degree. I am attending the Founders Day session so I am going to get some one on one time and see if I can get where her life path is headed.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:13 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:15 pm
Bobcat4Ever….Coach said Mia is graduating in May after only 2 years. She came in with a lot of APcredits that carried into college but still….. to finish in just two years shows she worked hard at school. So to stay in school she would be pursuing a graduate degree. I am attending the Founders Day session so I am going to get some one on one time and see if I can get where her life path is headed.
Awesome. A student-athlete, although with graduating in only two years, something had to give. Even with AP credits that’s a huge amount of school time. I thought she really flashed on the court when she was granted that early chance and after a year or two would be a rotation player. I wish her the best and am sorry we didn’t see more of her on the court. If we could somehow get these students to quit being so diligent about classes and studying …