WBB hosts Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

WBB hosts Idaho

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:44 pm

Hope they can avenge the 53 to 72 loss in Moscow last month. Go Cats!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB hosts Idaho

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:48 pm

Idaho started out hot beating MSU and UM at home, but since then has gone 0-3 on the road with none of those games being particularly close. MSU could be a little worn out playing their third game in five days whereas Idaho only played on Saturday, but MSU should be a pretty considerable favorite overall. Go Cats!

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:34 pm

It will be interesting to see which MSU women's team shows up tonight. If I was a player on MSU I would be fired up given the embarrassing margin of the loss a few weeks ago.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:50 pm

It wasn't pretty but the Cats got the win, 72-65! Playing three games in five days against a more rested opponent is tough, just ask the Griz ladies who lost by 27 (!) to EWU tonight and the MSU men who are poised to give Idaho their first conference win.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:42 pm

Idaho just jacks threes and tries to get inside to Beyonce Bea-who is the best player in the league by far in my opinion. We had a nice 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and blew it in the blink of an eye-even got behind by one. Then everybody woke up-especially Darian and KJ and pulled away again. Frustrating game all night but did good to get the win. Can't afford to lose any more at home.

aucat

Post by aucat » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:36 am

Hard to predict what will happen in Missoula. Ladies fought hard tonight

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 am

That was a good ol grind it out win with White showing the way with a double double.

In the bench watch category, good to see a certain Billings Skyview addition sitting down there. Also, Hughes & Ranson have gone missing since the end of fall semester & before Xmas. If there has been a press release or a media report regarding their status, I haven’t seen it. At this point, I doubt illness is the reason for their absence.

Edit: Just looked and Hughes & Ranson are no longer shown on the MSU online roster.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 pm

Darian White reaches another milestone … 1500
points.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... e9c45.html

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:47 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 am
That was a good ol grind it out win with White showing the way with a double double.

In the bench watch category, good to see a certain Billings Skyview addition sitting down there. Also, Hughes & Ranson have gone missing since the end of fall semester & before Xmas. If there has been a press release or a media report regarding their status, I haven’t seen it. At this point, I doubt illness is the reason for their absence.

Edit: Just looked and Hughes & Ranson are no longer shown on the MSU online roster.
Ok, I had not heard about this.

Anyone got the lowdown?

Have a wonderful day!!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:26 pm

So Hughes goes from an early 21-22 season starter to MIA (pun intended). Coach Binford has so much talent to work with, it’s inevitable that quality players will get riffed.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:34 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:47 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:40 am

Ok, I had not heard about this.

Anyone got the lowdown?
Parker Cotton must be reading this board :wink:

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 299a2.html

Great to hear that both young ladies are finishing out their academics at MSU and I'd assume they are still on their scholarships through spring semester.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:04 am

Thanks Arvcat and Parker.

Have a wonderful day!!