The Band

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

The Band

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:58 am

I recently attended my fifth Big Sky Conference Basketball tournament. Throughout my attendance at these tournaments, I am struck by the energy, enthusiasm, and quality of our pep band. No other school in the conference has consistently provided such quality entertainment as we do. Idaho is next in line but a significant drop off in originality.

Thanks to the pep band and all of their support groups for a job exceptionally well done.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Band

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:22 am

Agreed!
Though I must admit-I've had the NAU's band's version of Bad Guy by Billie Eilish stuck in my head all week!

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:45 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:58 am
I recently attended my fifth Big Sky Conference Basketball tournament. Throughout my attendance at these tournaments, I am struck by the energy, enthusiasm, and quality of our pep band. No other school in the conference has consistently provided such quality entertainment as we do. Idaho is next in line but a significant drop off in originality.

Thanks to the pep band and all of their support groups for a job exceptionally well done.
I have a kid at MSU who did SOW his freshman year and just pep band last year in the spring. I think when we laud all the student athletes at MSU for all the time and dedication sports takes, don't forget these kids and the spirit squad who also put in countless hours in practice, prep and performance time. It's a huge dedication of time for a student to commit to all the events, appearances, practices and performances throughout a year. SOW gets a small stipend (neighborhood of $1,000) each, but no one's getting room, board, tuition or books out of the deal. Props to all the students who make our gamedays into events. They also have great leadership and direction right now.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

bobcat2651
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat2651 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:00 am

i agree the band was incredible and added to the great but abbreviated tournament

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:03 pm

I agree 100% ... the MSU pep band does a fantastic job. Not just at the tournament but they bring so much energy to home games!

The band and the spirit squad also performed at the pregame function at the White Dog Brewery ... again pumping energy and pride into all Bobcats in attendance.

We, as Bobcats, are very fortunate. Many schools did not even have a band accompanying their tournament teams.

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Not to mention at the Cat football games when conditions for playing an instrument are often times less than ideal.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:48 am

Love the band!!!

A big part of the game day experience.

Thanks to all who participate for our enjoyment.