Lindsey Hein (Class of 2021) commits to MSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Lindsey Hein (Class of 2021) commits to MSU

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:43 pm

https://www.montanasports.com/high-scho ... ll-program

6'6" Lindsey Hein of Forsyth announced her commitment to MSU WBB today. Also had offers from UM, Iowa State, Nebraska, and NDSU according to the article. I'm not sure how to post her tweet here but it includes a great photo of her standing back to back with Coach Binford.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: Lindsey Hein (Class of 2021) commits to MSU

Post by coachouert » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Great news--she's a stud.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:20 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:43 pm
https://www.montanasports.com/high-scho ... ll-program

6'6" Lindsey Hein of Forsyth announced her commitment to MSU WBB today. Also had offers from UM, Iowa State, Nebraska, and NDSU according to the article. I'm not sure how to post her tweet here but it includes a great photo of her standing back to back with Coach Binford.
Nice! Go Cats!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:25 pm

That’s huge. Beat out Nebraska for her. She has a nice mid-range jumper too. That’s something lacking in both the women’s and men’s games.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Huge get (literally and figuratively) for MSU WBB! Gotta think the success of this past season influenced her decision. This program just seems primed to climb to the top of the mid major heap for years to come! Go Cats!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Good grief, 6' 6" ..... That will be a force inside. Looking forward to this recruit.

Is she the tallest lady to don the BOBCAT jersey?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:38 pm

The incoming class coming in has two 6'2"s and a 6'3"...and then a 6'6" the season after next! That is impressive size for a Big Sky school. This is really exciting stuff.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:47 pm
Good grief, 6' 6" ..... That will be a force inside. Looking forward to this recruit.

Since 1980 the tallest player who has wore a bobcat jersey is 6-4 and there have been a handful of women who fit that bill. Before 2980 I am not sure but the women's program started in the 1970's so I highly doubt it. I just watched some video of her 19-20 season I was impressed. She has nice post moves, but I understand she added a perimeter game this season and moved her to a high post system. While most of her shots facing the basket were the mid range 10-15 I saw at least 2 shots made from 3 point range. This is a huge get for the Bobcats I know the Lady Griz wanted her something terrible. As Belgrade mentioned we could have a real tall starting line-up with 6-6 Hein at center and next years incoming freshman 6-3 Katelyn Limardo at the small forward. I expect Limardo to log a lot of minutes next year and may even push to start. A little bit of retooling next year will be a top team in the Big Sky for many many years.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:16 pm

Her mom was the coach at Forsyth a few years ago and a good one at that. It has to help that she's a coach's kid, especially at that position and at that height. It seems like coach's kids are always guards and they are some of the smartest on the team. I love when a big is a coach's kid. It's fun to watch a really smart post player--this is an exciting pick up.

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:49 pm

Terrific pickup. Tricia likes to run...wonder how fast she gets up and down the court..hard to tell from video. Could develop into a real force. Coach Binford is starting to really pick up some momentum when it comes to recruiting.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:47 am

Looking forward to her playing with Darian in a couple of years..wow...that could be quite a combo!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:59 am

I like this pickup, but I expect she’ll be a bit of a project. Saw her play at state and she played well, but should really dominate at 6-6 in B if she’s a D1 player. She has another year and it’ll be interesting to see if she makes gains.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:51 pm

Uh Oh, what is the Griz announcer Redpath going to do now? She likes to make such a big deal about the fact that we have no Montana kids on our team (guess she never heard of Kola Bad Bear.)

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:38 pm

mslacat wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 pm
RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Since 1980 the tallest player who has wore a bobcat jersey is 6-4 and there have been a handful of women who fit that bill. Before 2980 I am not sure but the women's program started in the 1970's so I highly doubt it. I just watched some video of her 19-20 season I was impressed. She has nice post moves, but I understand she added a perimeter game this season and moved her to a high post system. While most of her shots facing the basket were the mid range 10-15 I saw at least 2 shots made from 3 point range. This is a huge get for the Bobcats I know the Lady Griz wanted her something terrible. As Belgrade mentioned we could have a real tall starting line-up with 6-6 Hein at center and next years incoming freshman 6-3 Katelyn Limardo at the small forward. I expect Limardo to log a lot of minutes next year and may even push to start. A little bit of retooling next year will be a top team in the Big Sky for many many years.

What a shooter's touch and good range! When some of those shots hit the rim, they had a nice soft roll into the basket.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 pm

Wow, I like this. My paternal roots are in the Forsyth-Colstrip area. My dad boarded in Forsyth for high school. I still own the place and there are some really solid folks around there. I don’t know her background, but this is sort of like mining the Dillon area for football players. You always wonder about verbals a year early, but I’ll bet this commit is for real. She’s got a rim-hugging shot from good distance. We’ve been a bit vulnerable to tall players like 6’4” Jordan Stotler at Portland State. Sometimes the only reason she’d beat us on a play was simply extra height. What a weapon to have to be able to rotate her in and force the other coach’s hand. And Lindsey looks to have more upside offensively. Another weapon. Coach Bin has her program developed to the point that some really good players are going to want to come to play. Impressive that Iowa State was in the mix. They’ve been a big dog (Cyclone) in the Midwest for a long time. It’s about time that we can keep some of the best Montana players at home. First Kola and now Kelsey. Several good ones like Jill Barta got away cleanly. Some will leave just to leave — but maybe now there is another option.

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:40 pm

What I like most about her game in those clips is her ability to keep the ball UP, where as so many bigs, men and women, lower it. She always keeps it up and has a nice little shot (also appears to have a nice handle). She should develop nicely into a fine player for MSU.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:49 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 pm
Wow, I like this. My paternal roots are in the Forsyth-Colstrip area. My dad boarded in Forsyth for high school. I still own the place and there are some really solid folks around there. I don’t know her background, but this is sort of like mining the Dillon area for football players. You always wonder about verbals a year early, but I’ll bet this commit is for real. She’s got a rim-hugging shot from good distance. We’ve been a bit vulnerable to tall players like 6’4” Jordan Stotler at Portland State. Sometimes the only reason she’d beat us on a play was simply extra height. What a weapon to have to be able to rotate her in and force the other coach’s hand. And Lindsey looks to have more upside offensively. Another weapon. Coach Bin has her program developed to the point that some really good players are going to want to come to play. Impressive that Iowa State was in the mix. They’ve been a big dog (Cyclone) in the Midwest for a long time. It’s about time that we can keep some of the best Montana players at home. First Kola and now Kelsey. Several good ones like Jill Barta got away cleanly. Some will leave just to leave — but maybe now there is another option.
Based upon Lindsey Hein’s mother, Terri Hein, twitter account, there appears to be a Forsyth-Melstone connection being mined. I don’t know how to post it, but about nine months ago, she posted a real cool & prognosticate picture of now current Bobcat Brode Grebe from Melstone, future Cat Lindsey Hein, and Melstone’s young Draya Wacker who, I hope, develops into a D1 player and a Bobcat someday. In the pic, Draya & Brody are standing on a railroad tie to offset Lindsey’s height advantage! Perhaps one of you twitter experts would post it?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:23 am

aucat wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:51 pm
Uh Oh, what is the Griz announcer Redpath going to do now? She likes to make such a big deal about the fact that we have no Montana kids on our team (guess she never heard of Kola Bad Bear.)
Maybe she’s pointing that out because of UM’s continuing to take so many Frontier quality players that it’s killed their program?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:05 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:49 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:11 pm
Based upon Lindsey Hein’s mother, Terri Hein, twitter account, there appears to be a Forsyth-Melstone connection being mined. I don’t know how to post it, but about nine months ago, she posted a real cool & prognosticate picture of now current Bobcat Brode Grebe from Melstone, future Cat Lindsey Hein, and Melstone’s young Draya Wacker who, I hope, develops into a D1 player and a Bobcat someday. In the pic, Draya & Brody are standing on a railroad tie to offset Lindsey’s height advantage! Perhaps one of you twitter experts would post it?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter