Darian White vs. Tyler Hall...?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Darian White vs. Tyler Hall...?

Post by rivercat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:30 pm

IMHO, Darian WILL be the best point guard ever to play for MSU barring injury. She was the best point guard in the BSC this year and I don't think it was close. She is impactful in so many ways. Above all, she is competitive!!! She won't rest on her laurels.

If she improves her 3 shot and is confident letting it fly, I think she can be better than Savannah Smith (UNC) who I would put as the best point guard in the BSC in the last decade.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:08 pm

How many of you remember Rebecca Alvidrez? She was pretty close to White.

2024 Resume dominance

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:08 pm

mslacat wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:51 pm
For me the key issue between Darian White vrs Tyler Hall will be how much White develops and improves her game over her 4 years at MSU. Hall over all improvement, over his 4 years was disappointing. I would argue Harald Frey showed a tremendous improvement in his game from Freshman to Senior far more than Hall did. I would go as far as saying that by the end of Hall's senior year, I thought Frey was the better player. This year Frey was much better than Hall was his senior year. White improved all year and just got batter and better, but in the end the question will be does she sit on he laurels of being the best player on the Bobcat roster, or does she push herself each year to get better and better. It also comes down to the coaches, can they give the guidance that is needs to help her improve her game. I would trust Binford to accomplish this more than I would Fish. In the end though Darian White is going to want to get better and is going to need to put the time in to get better. She has the potential when it is all over to be may be the best guard ever to play for the Bobcats or Just another very good player. It all depends on how much she improves over the next 3 year.
Tyler Hall finished his career with 2518 points and shot 40% from the three-point line for his career. All-time leading scorer at the school, all-time leading scorer in the Big Sky. Sorry he didn't "improve" enough for you.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:08 pm
How many of you remember Rebecca Alvidrez? She was pretty close to White.
She was brilliant. She’s now the assistant head coach at Stephen F Austin (21-6). Might be fun to have a game with them. They are ranked above Idaho St. and below Idaho, and are a defense oriented team. She was the best passer that I ever saw on the women’s team. Darian has the talent to be elite. She’ll put in the work, but it’s a specialty in coaching. John Stockton, are you listening?

Here’s a nice article covering her early history, her time at MSU, and her early coaching career. She was the Big Sky Newcomer of the Year, Defensive MVP her second year, and first-team All-Big Sky both seasons she was with the ‘Cats. She had 161 assists her senior year!

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ ... 77001.html

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:06 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:44 pm
Here’s a nice article covering her early history, her time at MSU, and her early coaching career. She was the Big Sky Newcomer of the Year, Defensive MVP her second year, and first-team All-Big Sky both seasons she was with the ‘Cats. She had 161 assists her senior year!

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ ... 77001.html
And this happened back in 2017:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:42 pm

A little Twitter contest. What a great photo

standup
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by standup » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:49 pm

I believe I can fly!

it is no more reasonable for me to dictate your fan experience than it is for you to dictate mine

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Would someone please loan that young lady a parachute? I’m already ready for next year. You can gather in groups of 10 right? 5 on each side, call your own fouls. That’s 10. Gives us basketball. Saves money. Upgrades the officiating. 😆