Big Sky Semifinals: #1 MSU vs #5 NAU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Big Sky Semifinals: #1 MSU vs #5 NAU

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 pm
John K wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:56 pm
Is it just me, or is the audio and video out of sync on Pluto?
Has been all night, even for game 2
I was listening to Jason Alvine, synced up with the TuneIn radio app to PlutoTV. I could take no more of the screeching, mispronunciations, incorrect player calls, general lack of knowledge, and did I mention the screeching voices?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:27 pm

Is it just me, or was our offense really changed up against Northern Arizona? In the first half we were almost exclusively using the right side of the court. Was their defense good enough to push us that way? We were rarely reversing the ball. It kind of upset our usual spacing, and there were few skip passes, etc. We seemed to be forcing it into the middle, whether there was anything there or not. I understand going at K. Rasheed, but the right-hand side of the court thing seemed rather strange. BB experts, what say you?

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:23 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Blaire Braxton - perfect on FG & FT for 11 points to go with 9 rebounds. Binford seemed to be a bit defensive on the top reserve award nomination in the post game interview (emphasis 3 pt shooting in her mind).
I’ve never had a player inspire me like Blaire does. I know she’s from Colorado, but she fights like she’s from Montana! I like her attitude and willingness to put team first. I love Tori and look forward to her contributions next season, but this season belongs to Blaire. I’m not going to debate about the top reserve or her not making any of the Big Sky teams. It really seems like she doesn’t care. All she cares about is winning and I’m not sure that we’ll be playing Friday without her! I’m glad she’s a Bobcat!

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:42 am

I want to single out great plays by individual players but when you get down to it, this was another example of a great team win.
This is a very special team with great chemistry. A really tough game waiting today against Idaho.

Appropriate that the top two teams who split the regular season will play for the tournament title

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:01 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:01 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:59 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:24 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Blaire Braxton - perfect on FG & FT for 11 points to go with 9 rebounds. Binford seemed to be a bit defensive on the top reserve award nomination in the post game interview (emphasis 3 pt shooting in her mind).
And a couple critical steals or batted passes in Q2 were critical in stopping NAU momentum.

Maybe she can get some recognition on the all-tourney teams. Again, I’m not sure she cares about it that much but I care about her getting the recognition....but I ain’t got any vote.
Another game like that and she’s the tourney MVP, no question!
Wrong comment. Thought we were on Darian, but we wouldn’t be here without Blaire either. :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz