What would it take to bring you back this year?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:16 am

Just out of curiosity, what would it take for those who used to attend games (like myself) to come out and watch this team this year? We are one game out of that massive tie for second right now, playing 2 teams this weekend who are one ahead of us. If we went on the road and won 1, would you go to the games next weekend? If we won both? Or has this latest iteration of a Huse team lost you yet again, and you won't come back until the program is under someone else's leadership? Just curious, I'd probably still be an attendee, but I've left the area so not an option.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: What would it take to bring you back this year?

Post by SACCAT » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:54 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:Just out of curiosity, what would it take for those who used to attend games (like myself) to come out and watch this team this year? We are one game out of that massive tie for second right now, playing 2 teams this weekend who are one ahead of us. If we went on the road and won 1, would you go to the games next weekend? If we won both? Or has this latest iteration of a Huse team lost you yet again, and you won't come back until the program is under someone else's leadership? Just curious, I'd probably still be an attendee, but I've left the area so not an option.
I go to almost all the home games for both the men and women. With two kids, it is a great Thursday/Saturday plan.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 am

Good basketball and hustle by the Cats.
Not necessarily wins, but if they give it their all on every play and play good basketball they will more likely win.

I want to see hustle and good playing.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Really, really cheap tickets. And I skipped $5 night so...

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Lets bring in a top 20 team like Duke to play in the fieldhouse.
This would have to be next year or the year after, but I would go just to see a really good team.
(even if we have to return two trips to their place.)

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

wapiti wrote:Lets bring in a top 20 team like Duke to play in the fieldhouse.
This would have to be next year or the year after, but I would go just to see a really good team.
Duke or any other top tier program is not coming to Bozeman, Missoula or anywhere else in the big sky, even if you returned 10 trips Durham.

Potomac Griz

Post by Potomac Griz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:28 pm

grizatwork wrote:
wapiti wrote:Lets bring in a top 20 team like Duke to play in the fieldhouse.
Duke or any other top tier program is not coming to Bozeman, Missoula or anywhere else in the big sky, even if you returned 10 trips Durham.
UNLV played @ Southern Utah earlier this season. Sure, getting Duke to play in Bozeman or Missoula is not going to happen, but it does seem to be possible to occasionally get a Stanford, UNLV or a team like that. The short non-conference season (due to our conference size) is going to make that very difficult though.

I'm guessing many Cat fans who have bailed would become interested in basketball again if at least the style of play out there was entertaining to watch even if the wins didn't pile up immediately. From what I've seen so far the past few years the style of play is almost painful to watch, especially at this point of the season.

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 am

I'm guessing many Cat fans who have bailed would become interested in basketball again if at least the style of play out there was entertaining to watch even if the wins didn't pile up immediately. From what I've seen so far the past few years the style of play is almost painful to watch, especially at this point of the season.
I think you're right, too often we pass the ball around in some sort of slow-motion "weave" set around the arc, and take a contested 3 as the shot clock inevitably expires. However, last Saturday against PSU, we actually moved the ball some, threw it inside when big Paul or Davis had position, and for stretches actually looked like a team capable of playing basketball together (that was likely my only game of the year, as an out-of-towner). Hopefully they keep that film!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:18 am

I will still physically being going to any games I can. my wife and kids might not be joining me but i'll still be there. it is a whole other story in regards to actually having faith in huse and what this team is capable of. they could win their next three and it wouldn't change my stance. but winning always beats losing and at least that would be enjoyable to watch. but huse would pretty much have to run the table this year and host and win the conference tourney next season before I started buying what he was selling....

not gonna happen.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Huse being canned and a good coach being brought in. But I've said this every year for the last 4 years and no change.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:15 pm

A win tonight would certainly spark a flame.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:48 pm

TomCat88 wrote:A win tonight would certainly spark a flame.
That spark was put out with a fire hose.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:34 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:A win tonight would certainly spark a flame.
That spark was put out with a fire hose.
What's your prediction for the final 4 games? I have to believe that MSU will beat SUU at home, but do you see us winning even one of the final 3 road games at UM, NAU, or Sac? We probably have to win at least 1 of those to make the tourney...maybe even 2, depending upon how the tie-breakers work out. It's very possible that 10-10 might not guarantee us a spot in the field this year, with the standings being so jumbled. Judging from the lack of activity in the hoops forum, it doesn't seem like there's very many of us who still care.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:57 pm

I'm hesitant to assume a win vs. SUU. I think the situation is ripe for an upset. SUU played us within 2 at their place. Yeah-we should win...but it's far from certain.

If we're to win one on the road (which I have no faith that we will) it will probably be against NAU who have been struggling a little bit as of late. As for the other two road games...both those teams beat Weber-at team we can barely stay within 20 point of at home-so yeah wins at SAC and um probably aren't happening.

The tie breaker situation will be dicey. We have the tie breaker over PSU, but ISU and SAC beat Weber, and EWU swept us, so we don't get a whole lot of help there. We need PSU to beat EWU tonight to keep the Eagles squarely behind us.