ISU and Weber

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

ISU and Weber

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Future opponents ISU and WSU are going to overtime. They then go to MSU and um respectively on short rest. The short week really got to our team against EWU, will it now work in our favor? Who knows? ISU will probably come in and shoot 80% like UNCU did.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: ISU and Weber

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:09 pm

ISU wins in OT with Chris Hansen hitting two 3's from the Mini Dome parking lot. There's a guy we might want to guard-he's absolutely killed us the last couple of years. ISU will come in feeling pretty good about themselves. I think it also puts the Bengals in that 7-7 log jam with us.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Here's the winning shot:
[youtube][/youtube]

Both teams were pretty gassed at the end. Huse might want to reconsider his walk-it-up pass the ball around the perimeter offense in this one and try to make their legs hurt a little bit.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:59 pm

If I can quote Montana Tech's Bob Green, this week is going to be rougher than a pine cone toilet seat. The Cats are going to have to put together two great games this weekend to stay alive in the race. This really reminds me of the 2004 season when all of the teams were so bunched up. NAU got the 2 seed at 7-7 that year and we could be headed for a 10-10 second place in the conference. I also think that 10 wins is going to be what it takes to reach the conference tournament. But back to the thread, that was a great win for ISU and they seem to be moving in the right direction. I always enjoy when Idaho State and Weber State come to town. It's old school Big Sky week!

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:ISU wins in OT with Chris Hansen hitting two 3's from the Mini Dome parking lot. There's a guy we might want to guard-he's absolutely killed us the last couple of years. ISU will come in feeling pretty good about themselves. I think it also puts the Bengals in that 7-7 log jam with us.
Hansen is the Big Sky's fifth-leading scorer at 17.3 points per game. He's shooting 45 percent from the field and 40.6 percent from 3-point land. His 67 3-pointers is second to EWU guard Tyler Harvey's 94. Side note: Harvey has shot 41 more 3-pointers than anyone in the league, is shooting 46 percent and has hit 27 more 3-pointers than anyone in the league! That's ridiculous.

Back to Hansen. He dropped a game-high 28 on Montana State in Pocatello. He was 6-of-10 from the floor, including 4-of-8 from downtown. He was 12-of-16 from the free throw line. That night, MSU cut the lead to 59-55 with 2:22 left, but Hansen scored eight points down the stretch to help ISU clinch a 69-64 win.

Hansen dropped 27 on Weber State, including two 3s in overtime. He was 8-of-16 from the floor, including drilling all four of his 3-point shots as ISU moved to 7-7 in league, into a five-way tie for fifth with Montana State, Montana, Eastern Washington and Sac State.

Last season as sophomore (he played one season at a JC), Hansen hit 9-of-11 3-pointers and scored 27 points as ISU destroyed Montana State 87-51 behind 64 percent shooting as a team. Hansen also had 20 in 61-59 loss in Bozeman. The kid is well on his way to being one of the Big Sky's best.

In his career against MSU, he is averaging 25.6 points per game on 63.5 percent (22-of-35) shooting. He's hit 19 of 29 3-pointers. That's 65.5 percent. That's absurd.

Like Belgrade Bobcat said, you might want to guard that guy on Thursday if you're MSU :shock:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:26 pm

bozbobcat wrote:If I can quote Montana Tech's Bob Green, this week is going to be rougher than a pine cone toilet seat. The Cats are going to have to put together two great games this weekend to stay alive in the race. This really reminds me of the 2004 season when all of the teams were so bunched up. NAU got the 2 seed at 7-7 that year and we could be headed for a 10-10 second place in the conference. I also think that 10 wins is going to be what it takes to reach the conference tournament. But back to the thread, that was a great win for ISU and they seem to be moving in the right direction. I always enjoy when Idaho State and Weber State come to town. It's old school Big Sky week!
The BSC was incredibly balanced in that 2004 season. EWU won the league title at 11-3, but 6 of the other seven teams finished either 7-7 or 6-8. There was a 4-way tie for 2nd through 5th at 7-7, and MSU and UM tied for 6th at 6-8, but we lost the tie-breaker. So despite finishing only one game out of 2nd place, we ended up in 7th and missed the tourney. PSU finished 8th (last) at 5-9, so 7 of the 8 teams were separated by only 2 games. That's amazing. That was the last season we missed the tourney.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:49 pm

HOOPS PODCAST: MSU men, women face tough tilt this weekend
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;