The greatest day in February!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

The greatest day in February!

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Both the men and women pick up wins on the same day in February...and against two very good North Dakota teams. I just can't believe it. Great job teams! =D^

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: The greatest day in February!

Post by MSU01 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:21 pm

I just did a bit of checking and believe that tonight's win gives MSU its first two game win streak in February since it beat PSU and Sac State on February 13 and 18, 2010.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:27 pm

The key to the men's win: 28-32 from the line. Bad free throw shooting cost them a road win at EWU-good see them get that fixed. Huse said they've spent a lot of time in the gym just shooting lately. Good concept, let's keep that up!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:11 pm

All of a sudden, MSU is 7-6 in league play with seven left to play and they own a win over a team they are tied with who has an NBA prospect.

And you guys thought the sky was falling...

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
And you guys thought the sky was falling...
no no. we thought it was the cats in February. just like the cats in February in 2008. and 2009. and 2010. and 2011. and 2012. and 2013. and most likely...2014.

but I agree...great win for the cats. =D^

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Everyone might look back at that atrocious 79-50 loss to Eastern Washington last week and remember it as the turning point in the season. In a good way.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Montana State withstands late charge, holds on for 78-70 win at UND
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:35 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Everyone might look back at that atrocious 79-50 loss to Eastern Washington last week and remember it as the turning point in the season. In a good way.
Agreed Colter, I think we all thought (I know I did) that this particular team was right on script...and we may still fall apart...but these last 2 games the guys have shown a desire to win games that they very easily could have folded up and lost. Maybe the only difference is shots going in vs. not, but it just felt like they were going to find a way to lose both those games, and instead found a way to win them. Hope they can continue with this new trend, rather than reverting to the old! That was some performance from the stripe last night coming down the stretch, those were being shot with confidence.

ndvet
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ndvet » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:28 am

I was at the game. They shot the ball well and made FT's (28-32). Had a nice plan to spread out there defense and play some zone as UND is very perimeter strong. Bigelow and Colbert did a nice job of keeping every calm when UND cut the lead from 20 to 5 in about 3 minutes. Colbert really looked confident, hit a couple tough shots from the perimeter and looked like he had ice water in his veins at the line. Davis played really strong inside, went to the basket to finish. And let me tell you, Holm is legit. The Sioux left him open a couple time to start the game and he made them pay. Also took the ball to the hole hard in the second half for a big two. He's capable of playing physical as a true freshman...has a nice strong body for a youngster. Egwounou had some nice flashes as well, took the ball hard at the basket. His focus at times is questionable but when he locks in he's a difference maker. The Cat's tried pounding it inside as they definitely had the advantage in the paint. UND spread the floor to try and take advantage of their obvious perimeter advantage. The Cats rebounded well (besides a couple long boards off long threes at the end of the game) and for the most part really controlled the paint. The key to me was Bigelow and Colbert in particular keeping every on an even keel when UND made their big run and the crowd was rocking. I have no allusion of grandeur that this team is going to go on a 7-0 run to end the conference season, but if they can play the way they did last night---work the ball for good shots inside out (AND MAKE SHOTS), control the glass, and take care of the ball (they did have a few poor turnovers last night), they'll compete with any team in the conference just fine. A team with a strong perimeter game (UND or Weber in particular), will be a "backwards" matchup so to speak and will give them problems. I think Weber's perimeter will give everyone trouble though, plus they have the bigs to do damage inside.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Where has Dison been? Don't see any stats for him lately.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:06 pm

technoCat wrote:Where has Dison been? Don't see any stats for him lately.

injured with broken? thumb.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
technoCat wrote:Where has Dison been? Don't see any stats for him lately.

injured with broken? thumb.
Broken shooting (left) thumb. He broke it against the Griz.