Fieldhouse Upgrades

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fieldhouse Upgrades

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:59 pm

John K wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:^^^Yes!
I agree. I'd like to see the seating wrap around the court-and the stands be at a steeper pitch. Capacity? Maybe 5,000 just in case we're ever good again.
When they host state high school hoops tourneys at the fieldhouse, they must get at least 5,000 for the Saturday night sessions...right? They might not want to reduce the current capacity by too much, just for that reason.
excellent point

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:20 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
John K wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:^^^Yes!
I agree. I'd like to see the seating wrap around the court-and the stands be at a steeper pitch. Capacity? Maybe 5,000 just in case we're ever good again.
When they host state high school hoops tourneys at the fieldhouse, they must get at least 5,000 for the Saturday night sessions...right? They might not want to reduce the current capacity by too much, just for that reason.
excellent point
There are plenty of events that would not make it feasible for MSU to permanently reduce the seating capacity of the Fieldhouse - high school tourneys, concerts, graduations, etc. even if MSU basketball isn't going to be selling out the arena anytime soon. The two things I think and hope MSU is looking at are making the seating around the court more intimate (and intimidating), and a way to temporarily curtain or block off upper sections for lower attendance events. Also get rid of the dark blue paint everywhere please and brighten things up a bit!

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:39 pm

All we need to do is win a national championship. If we did that, I think we would have a packed house most nights...

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:11 pm

SACCAT wrote:All we need to do is win a national championship. If we did that, I think we would have a packed house most nights...
Not gonna happen. However, a Conference Championship (and a Conference Tourney Championship) would do the trick, IMO. Not gonna happen with Huse as coach though.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: