Women @ PSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Women @ PSU

Post by CelticCat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Home alone so I figured I check in on the girls. Down 7-22 at PSU.

What is with our basketball programs. I love basketball but I have no interest in either program because frankly they are in the toilet.

Huse is getting a lot of flake, and I feel Binford should get some of that as well.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Women @ PSU

Post by Jobu » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Just 19 points 3 minutes in to the 2nd half. D is playing well, but simply can't score it.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:40 pm

MSU women lost 72-61 to PSU.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Here's the MSU press release

The Montana State women’s basketball team couldn’t get a shot to fall in the first half and its rally from a 24-point deficit in the second stanza proved insurmountable as Portland State handed the Bobcats its fifth straight loss with a 72-61 decision over MSU, Saturday afternoon in the Stott Center.

Montana State (11-10, 6-6) shot 26 percent in the opening period, including an icy 22 percent from beyond the three-point arc. Portland State (6-15, 4-8) used a 16-0 run to pull away from the Bobcats midway through the period as MSU went without a basket for almost nine-minutes. The Vikings held a 31-19 advantage at intermission.

“We missed some shots at the start and we tensed up,” MSU head coach Tricia Binford said. “We’re struggling with some confidence, but that’s on ourselves. This team knows it has the ability; we just need to get back to where we were a month ago.

“On the positive side, I thought we had a much better effort on the defensive end,” Binford said. “I have never had to question our effort.”

MSU found itself down 24 points at the 10:48 mark of the second half, before rattling off a 29-12 run down the stretch to close to within 68-61 with just under a minute remaining. PSU closed out the game hitting four-of-six free throws.

“We got into scramble mode and started hitting some three-pointers,” Binford said. “We’re still impatient with the offense and need to work the second and third side.”

Jasmine Hommes paced MSU with 15 points, while redshirt-freshman Margreet Barhoum recorded a career-high 13 points. Alexa Dawkins came off the bench to lead the Bobcats under the glass with a career-best and game-high ten rebounds.

Portland State had three players in double-figures led by Emily Easom with 27 points.

Montana State will host Big Sky Conference-leading North Dakota on Thursday night. MSU defeated UND earlier this season 76-65 in Grand Forks.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Isn't this absolutely amazing????? This season is almost a carbon copy of last season! Our collapse started just a tad earlier this year than last. Last year we actually beat UM in Missoula at the mid-point and were sitting in 1st place.

Coach Binford said she never figured out what happened last year which is too bad because it looks
like the same "basketball flu" has hit the team again. So, so weird.