I don't care how long of an extension Huse is signed to

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

I don't care how long of an extension Huse is signed to

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:30 pm

but a CHANGE has to be made and made now! Mid-season, don't wait till the end of the year.

Another awful game going on now vs EWU making us look real real bad.

Cut the ties now Fields, you can't wait any longer.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: I don't care how long of an extension Huse is signed to

Post by MSU01 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Won't happen, MSU doesn't have the kind of money lying around to pay two basketball coaches at once. Perhaps the best thing for MSU in terms of the long term prospects of the program would be to go 1-30 next year with attendance dropping lower than this week's temperatures. Be so utterly awful that nobody can spout off stats about how many consecutive blowout first round tournament losses MSU has managed to string together.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:17 pm

I'd prefer to clean house of the entire lot of them, invite a bunch of intramural players to walk-on and go 0-30. That would be more fun to watch.

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Huse should have to give back his paychecks with his career stats as head coach.

Can the players just coach themselves?

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Fire him now! Let Binford coach em

I hate dark pink

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 pm

I say we oughta hire someone from Texas. The Texas kids have done wonders for the football team.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

CatfaninGA

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Only a 29 point loss at home tonight. Things are looking up.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:49 pm

MSUcantouchus wrote:Fire him now! Let Binford coach em
Not-so-fast. The women just got blasted at EWU and have lost 4 or 5 in row.

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:52 pm

At least our mid season swoon started early this year so we aren't just starting to get disappointed! How PF and Huse still have jobs is incredible! I can't think of any company what would pay someone for this length of time while getting zero results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:58 pm

rtb wrote:At least our mid season swoon started early this year so we aren't just starting to get disappointed! How PF and Huse still have jobs is incredible! I can't think of any company what would pay someone for this length of time while getting zero results.

Fields has been riding enough fast-moving coattails to look like he has produced results. Huse, though, hasn't done squat. The fact that he's still around is kind of baffling. ADs don't get fired over basketball outside of the ACC, but still, you'd think Fields would have cut bait with Huse after last season at the latest, just to make himself look good.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:12 pm

I put this on the other thread, but just to make sure we all think through it:

Ok, so seeing we got smoked again last night and thinking about pay for performance I had to pull some numbers. Just going off of base salary that I can find and not including the extra "incentives" which I have seen listed as: Media promotion pay $15,000 a year, academic incentives, game attendance incentives, championship incentives, and coach of the year incentives and don't forget summer camps, courtesy car and country club membership.

If we just take the base pay I can find that ranges from $100K in 2006 when hired to $113K this year, WE have paid Huse $857K over 8 seasons. Or put in other teams we have paid $8,000 a win, $14,000 per conference win, or $214,000 per win over the Griz.

I think even the weather guy gets fired for being wrong 55% of the time doesn't he? And we expect the weather people to get it wrong! I hope you all kind find a way to think through this and maybe, just maybe Waded and PF will decide that paying $14,000 per conference win is a little steep. If you gave me the reins today I would take a risk of only paying me for conference wins and feel pretty confident I would walk away with at least $60K by the end of the season! :shock:

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Please, Brad. You're a good guy. Do the right thing and step down.

I don't personally hold Fields in the same esteem. He needs to go too... yesterday. But I can't ever see him voluntarily stepping down. I don't see Huse doing it either, but this HAS to end.

GO CATS GO!!!

TrueCat

Post by TrueCat » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:10 am

[quote="BelgradeBobcat"][quote="MSUcantouchus"]Fire him now! Let Binford coach em[/quote]

Not-so-fast. The women just got blasted at EWU and have lost 4 or 5 in row.[/quote]

Agreed, not sure why Trisha always gets a pass...her record is not much better...career or otherwise

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:13 am

Good guy but facts state he can't win. See Romeo Crennell.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:05 am

TrueCat wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
MSUcantouchus wrote:Fire him now! Let Binford coach em
Not-so-fast. The women just got blasted at EWU and have lost 4 or 5 in row.
Agreed, not sure why Trisha always gets a pass...her record is not much better...career or otherwise
I agree about Binford, and I was saying it last season too. The women collapsed even worse than the men last year, and have had a worse record in the 2nd half of the conference schedule than in the 1st half, for something like 4 or 5 straight seasons (counting this one...which is almost certain to happen). They've lost 4 straight now, and just like the men, they don't even seem like the same team that started out 6-1 in conference.

KIX
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KIX » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:54 am

It's time to fire Huse, BABY! That's fire with a capital "F", BABY!
MSU needs a Master Motivator, BABY! Somebody with the three "P's" - Passion, Pride & Pizazz.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:49 pm

rtb wrote:I put this on the other thread, but just to make sure we all think through it:

Ok, so seeing we got smoked again last night and thinking about pay for performance I had to pull some numbers. Just going off of base salary that I can find and not including the extra "incentives" which I have seen listed as: Media promotion pay $15,000 a year, academic incentives, game attendance incentives, championship incentives, and coach of the year incentives and don't forget summer camps, courtesy car and country club membership.

If we just take the base pay I can find that ranges from $100K in 2006 when hired to $113K this year, WE have paid Huse $857K over 8 seasons. Or put in other teams we have paid $8,000 a win, $14,000 per conference win, or $214,000 per win over the Griz.

I think even the weather guy gets fired for being wrong 55% of the time doesn't he? And we expect the weather people to get it wrong! I hope you all kind find a way to think through this and maybe, just maybe Waded and PF will decide that paying $14,000 per conference win is a little steep. If you gave me the reins today I would take a risk of only paying me for conference wins and feel pretty confident I would walk away with at least $60K by the end of the season! :shock:
If anyone has the time, energy, and gumption, I'd love to see a letter similar to that above but compiling the general fan apathy, W/L record, attendance figures, as well as how declining basketball revenues are gouging football ticket holders addressed to president Cruzado and have a couple hundred disgruntled fans slam her email box with the letter. It may not have an immediate effect, but should at least get her attention.

rtb

Post by rtb » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:52 pm

wbtfg wrote:
rtb wrote:I put this on the other thread, but just to make sure we all think through it:

If anyone has the time, energy, and gumption, I'd love to see a letter similar to that above but compiling the general fan apathy, W/L record, attendance figures, as well as how declining basketball revenues are gouging football ticket holders addressed to president Cruzado and have a couple hundred disgruntled fans slam her email box with the letter. It may not have an immediate effect, but should at least get her attention.
I would love to see that too! I don't have the time to write a letter in the next few weeks, but would support that. Oh and as I fell asleep last night I had this thought:

IF YOU"RE READING THIS PETER FIELDS, these calculations are not investment advice and in NO WAY indicate that all you have to do is increase Huse's salary to $280,000 a year to get 20 conference wins in a season. The price per win is the result of MISERABLE coaching not a lack of pay! :lol:

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:55 am

Do I detect rumblings about Binford? My God she's gotten a free get out of jail card for years. Just what IS her record compared to HUSE SINCE SHE'S BEEN HERE??? If the crowds get any smaller for the womens games they may as well play in Romney,didn't I see womens BB lost $186,000 last year, and she makes more than Huse!!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 am

MSU01 wrote:Won't happen, MSU doesn't have the kind of money lying around to pay two basketball coaches at once.
But you have to consider the money being lost with him here, too. Are donors coming in like they had been? How much is attendance down and what is the cost? Seems like we're at least down 1,000 per game. Multiply that by about $20/ticket and you have $20,000 a game. So seven home games is costing MSU more money than Huse's annual salary.