Parking improvements around the stadium. *NEW: moved the indoor facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Parking improvements around the stadium.

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:15 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:31 pm
Since I have been tailgating in the East side stadium lot from the 1980's, just about seen it all. Mud up to your ankles, mud wrestling, furniture bonfires, fights, passed out people, hot tubs on flatbeds, full on tackle football, severe frostbite, mud mixed with straw with the consistency of cement, shot skis, fireworks, gallon jugs of whiskey, kegs of beer, (Innocent until proven guilty), mud lakes, 10 ft high mounds of snow, very confused people unable to find their spot without (or destroyed) signage, every type of fire pit imaginable including no pit at all...hence burning clothing, tents and straw. I could go on, and did I mention mud?
About freaking time we get asphalt on the entire lot! 40 years overdue but memories that will last a lifetime. :suds:
pavement with definitely make the tackle football more fun.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:05 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Since I have been tailgating in the East side stadium lot from the 1980's, just about seen it all. Mud up to your ankles, mud wrestling, furniture bonfires, fights, passed out people, hot tubs on flatbeds, full on tackle football, severe frostbite, mud mixed with straw with the consistency of cement, shot skis, fireworks, gallon jugs of whiskey, kegs of beer, (Innocent until proven guilty), mud lakes, 10 ft high mounds of snow, very confused people unable to find their spot without (or destroyed) signage, every type of fire pit imaginable including no pit at all...hence burning clothing, tents and straw. I could go on, and did I mention mud?
About freaking time we get asphalt on the entire lot! 40 years overdue but memories that will last a lifetime. :suds:
I was out of school at the time, but my Frat burned a car over there once. Closed down student tailgates for a number of years. :-^ #-o

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:06 pm

I do like having part of those spots either gravel or grass. Easier to stake down the canopies when its blowing 30 miles and hour.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:10 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:03 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:31 am
I guess I was blissfully ignorant of any traffic issues. I exit from the White lot heading South and have no problem getting to the interstate.
Me too, on the blissfully ignorant part.
I won’t give away my “secret” spot because I’ve never had a problem getting a spot there and I don’t want that to change. But there seems to be a lot of opportunities to park within a 5-10 min walk if the stadium, for free, and still have a super easy exit to the interstate, downtown, etc.

Just one of those things I’ve never had an issue with.
Me as well. I was gonna comment that I thought the traffic flow this past season was better than it has been in years.... :shrug:

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:20 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:10 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
I guess I was blissfully ignorant of any traffic issues. I exit from the White lot heading South and have no problem getting to the interstate.
I won’t give away my “secret” spot because I’ve never had a problem getting a spot there and I don’t want that to change. But there seems to be a lot of opportunities to park within a 5-10 min walk if the stadium, for free, and still have a super easy exit to the interstate, downtown, etc.

Me as well. I was gonna comment that I thought the traffic flow this past season was better than it has been in years.... :shrug:
I should have written North not South.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:23 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:20 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:10 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I should have written North not South.
At least there are folks out there directing traffic. I can remember games when it was just a free-for-all.....

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:25 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:15 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Will it make firepits, bonfires more difficult?. Will that be allowed on asphalt

Sports is not bigger than life

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:49 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:25 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:15 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Will it make firepits, bonfires more difficult?. Will that be allowed on asphalt
You can melt asphalt with some fire pits if it burns hot and long enough. (let’s just say there’s a certain baseball field parking lot in Whitefish that discovered this one year). My experience was in a June evening when the temps were warmer. So probably a non-issue in the cold. But and easy remedy…get a little square of cement backer board that goes under tile and put it under the pit. Heck, plywood would probably work too, but obviously more flammable.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:56 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:11 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:52 am
msugr8 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:30 am
The north half of the lot, closest to Brick Breeden does exit north. Personally I will trade the frustration leaving the game for opportunity to park nearby. Works fine for me as heading West but I see the issue for fans wanting to go east.
We are in the top of the parking lot along Kagy and you will not leave that parking lot for at least 30-45 minutes at least, unless you leave before the game is over. Then they shuffle you south and to 19th, and I just want to go east. It’s about an hour to get out of town each game, if you stay for the whole game. They need to figure out something for sure. It’s a fight every game and there is always somebody screaming and yelling at somebody.
We just stay and postgame tailgate for an hour or so. No problem. :)
Yep, and that's what he and the entire Galt Tailgate should do, but most of them have a 2-3 hour drive home after the game, so I get the frustration, and not wanting to add ANOTHER hour to the trip home.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:15 pm

[/quote]

At least there are folks out there directing traffic. I can remember games when it was just a free-for-all.....
[/quote]

I sometimes think that they should let it be a feee for all. Might go faster 🤣

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

77matman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 77matman » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:23 am

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:23 am
77matman wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:49 am
Laramie had it figured out.
All seven fans they have to get on the road.
😆🤣😆. They had a decent crowd when we played them. We were on the road in10 minutes at most. Had directed traffic all the way to interstate access. In Brookings seemed like an hour at best. Was a free for all.

We’re somewhere in the middle.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:41 pm

In re to leaving after a game….in my “pre-tailgate era”, I found if I just pulled a lawn chair out of the trunk or back of pickup, mixed a postgame toddy, fired up my Red Auerbach game winning cigar and basked in the moment…..I could drive out any direction by the time my cigar was done and either my first or second toddy. What’s the hurry…enjoy the moment..you’ll get home! I know, know I know some folks have kidlets or need to travel a gazillion miles…it’s just how I adapted and avoided the bumper car derby!

P.S. and for those a bit younger and wondering “who the hell is Red Auerbach” well he coached over 960 wins in NBA and 7 NBA titles mostly for Boston Celtics. Even Wiki remembers how he would always light up a cigar when a victory was in hand….see Wiki quote below….I remember seeing that. It is basketball season so a little basketball trivia is allowed on a Football board.

“Famous for his polarizing nature, he was also well known for smoking a cigar when he thought a victory was assured, a habit that became, for many, "the ultimate symbol of victory" during his Boston tenure.”
Last edited by BobcatDel on Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:45 pm

If only flying cars had been invented by 2015 like Back to the Future 2 told me they would, none of this would be a problem. Get on it, Elon.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:56 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:45 pm
If only flying cars had been invented by 2015 like Back to the Future 2 told me they would, none of this would be a problem. Get on it, Elon.
Ha! Don’t know how to think about that….a couple thousand cars with perhaps half having at least one toddy or ten…..what could go wrong with air traffic control in that scenario!!!! Of course Elon will have it figured out so there would be accident avoidance systems. But I might have to look out for pieces of broken taillights falling in my drink while basking in my lawn chair.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:27 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:45 pm
Maybe Musk can implant one of his Nueralink chips in someone’s brain and make them think that they are getting home faster than normal.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:34 pm

I was at a Texas A&M game with over 109,000 people in attendance after the game I was driving the speed limit, 65, in 15 minutes from when I got to my car. Every road around the stadium is converted to a one way. Some of those are 4 lanes with a divider but it didn't matter they all became one way roads. Also people directing traffic at every intersection for about 2 miles. I was very, very impressed.

I think you could do that on a limited scope, Kagy between 19th and Wilson (half going east and half going west), 7th from Kagy to Grant and 11th from Kagy to College and it would help immensely. And maybe add Lincoln and Grant to the list.

one caveat is that when I go to games I hang at the tailgate until the traffic is gone so I might not understand the traffic problems.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:44 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:34 pm
I was at a Texas A&M game with over 109,000 people in attendance after the game I was driving the speed limit, 65, in 15 minutes from when I got to my car. Every road around the stadium is converted to a one way. Some of those are 4 lanes with a divider but it didn't matter they all became one way roads. Also people directing traffic at every intersection for about 2 miles. I was very, very impressed.

I think you could do that on a limited scope, Kagy between 19th and Wilson (half going east and half going west), 7th from Kagy to Grant and 11th from Kagy to College and it would help immensely. And maybe add Lincoln and Grant to the list.

one caveat is that when I go to games I hang at the tailgate until the traffic is gone so I might not understand the traffic problems.
Good idea in theory, but you'd also need to make sure to keep a route available for people who live near the stadium or want to patronize a business near the stadium to be able to get there against the flow of post-game traffic. There are a ton of student apartments now just to the west of the stadium across the street.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:35 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:06 pm
I do like having part of those spots either gravel or grass. Easier to stake down the canopies when its blowing 30 miles and hour.
Get some sandbags before next season.

bobcatozzy

Post by bobcatozzy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:00 pm

We left the bronco game 2 years ago with the whole stadium out to our parking lot and back to our hotel about 5 miles away in 15 minutes it can be done.

Rest In peace dad.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:43 am

Can’t say I’ve ever had too much of a problem leaving the stadium. White lot, head north, get home.

If it’s looking crazy, just walk over to Bridger for a pizza and a drink.