Info about season tickets?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MTSU2015
New Recruit

Info about season tickets?

Post by MTSU2015 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:31 am

I am looking for information about season tickets. I’ve searched and not found much info. How does one go about getting season tickets? Are there dates they go on sale for new season ticket holders?

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Info about season tickets?

Post by kmax » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:43 pm

They have not announced the renewal and season ticket dates as yet. I would expect to start seeing that information coming out later this month or beginning of Feb at the latest. In general it will likely follow this general timeline:

Feb(ish) - Announcement of renewals opening for all existing ticket holders. Renew existing and request changes/additions
May(ish) - Deadline for renewals
June(ish) - Work through requests from existing season ticket holders for changes/additions
June-July(ish) - Open season ticket sales of any remaining seats to public
Aug(ish) - Open single game ticket sales

Again, that is just kind of going off what it has been in the past, don't take that as gospel. I'm sure we will be hearing more from MSU soon about the renewal timelines.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

MTSU2015
New Recruit

Post by MTSU2015 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:48 pm

So if I read that info above right can a current season ticket holder put a request in for two additional tickets? Or do they have to be in the individuals name who is going to be using them?

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:08 pm

MTSU2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:48 pm
So if I read that info above right can a current season ticket holder put a request in for two additional tickets? Or do they have to be in the individuals name who is going to be using them?
They don't have to be in the users name. We've had six season tickets for decades. When someone didn't want to go anymore, we would just find someone new. Tickets always stayed in my name. Finding tickets next to your current ones, is like hitting the lotto. But you could get lucky.

MTSU2015
New Recruit

Post by MTSU2015 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:10 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:08 pm
MTSU2015 wrote:
They don't have to be in the users name. We've had six season tickets for decades. When someone didn't want to go anymore, we would just find someone new. Tickets always stayed in my name. Finding tickets next to your current ones, is like hitting the lotto. But you could get lucky.
We are just looking to get two tickets next to one another.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:26 pm

MTSU2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:10 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:08 pm
MTSU2015 wrote:
We are just looking to get two tickets next to one another.
Call the ticket office and ask for the ticket manager. I can't remember his name? Super good guy. Request to get on the list for two more tickets. Once renewals are done. The ticket office will know whats open. The sooner you get on the list, the better off you'll be. 406-994-CATS.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:38 pm

kmax wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:43 pm
They have not announced the renewal and season ticket dates as yet. I would expect to start seeing that information coming out later this month or beginning of Feb at the latest. In general it will likely follow this general timeline:

Feb(ish) - Announcement of renewals opening for all existing ticket holders. Renew existing and request changes/additions
June(ish) - Work through requests from existing season ticket holders for changes/additions

Again, that is just kind of going off what it has been in the past, don't take that as gospel. I'm sure we will be hearing more from MSU soon about the renewal timelines.
Is that renewal deadline later than last year? I was on vacation last spring (end of March) and got a call that I was out of time to renew my season tickets. Or I thought that was the deadline...my credit card bill was a dandy after a vacation to Cabo and buying season tickets at the same time.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:18 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:38 pm
kmax wrote:

Is that renewal deadline later than last year? I was on vacation last spring (end of March) and got a call that I was out of time to renew my season tickets. Or I thought that was the deadline...my credit card bill was a dandy after a vacation to Cabo and buying season tickets at the same time.
I could be off a bit. Like I said that was just kinda rough estimates from memory of years past. I don’t remember exactly but I definitely don’t recall it being a deadline in March. Maybe mid to late April but I don’t recall having to do it in March.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:18 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:38 pm
kmax wrote:

You are right KN. Renewals had to be made by March 31 and new season tickets went on sale May 1. See link below:

https://msubobcats.com/sports/2015/4/3/ ... 54323.aspx

I did get two additional season tickets last year as we are discussing. I did renew on time by March 31 and put my name on the waiting list to get two more tickets. After all the ticket renewals were either exercised/bought or released, sometime in April, I got a call from ticket office and I was able to select two more tickets….and no I could not find them near my existing seats but got two together as best available as I could select of open seats…..I also want to say that they went down the list of people requesting changes or new seats using your priority points. So if you are say in the top 100, you should be able to get pretty fair seats….but more folks are signing up for season tickets and getting good seats is harder.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:02 am

Just sent out this morning: Image

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:56 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:02 am
If the goal is to get new fans, why do current season ticket holders get a chance to get more, before general public gets an opportunity.

Sports is not bigger than life

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:33 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:56 pm
kmax wrote:
If the goal is to get new fans, why do current season ticket holders get a chance to get more, before general public gets an opportunity.
Benefits of paying into the system longer, I guess.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:43 pm

tetoncat wrote:
kmax wrote:
Because "Seniority Has Priority" grasshopper.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:21 pm

I understand how it is working, my question is why. If they only reward paying into a system, or those who have had tickets before, how does someone new to community or new graduates who stay in Montana get tickets.

Sports is not bigger than life

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:29 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:43 pm
tetoncat wrote:
kmax wrote:
Because "Seniority Has Priority" grasshopper.
As it should in this case. We started with 2 in 1983 and got up to 13.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:34 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:21 pm
I understand how it is working, my question is why. If they only reward paying into a system, or those who have had tickets before, how does someone new to community or new graduates who stay in Montana get tickets.
From a business standpoint, it makes sense that they'd want to do everything they can to keep their longstanding, loyal, reliable customers happy. Especially when the product being purchased is not cheap, depending on where in the stadium you're trying to buy tickets. I've never tried to buy additional season tickets beyond the two I already have, but at the same time I've also never had significant trouble (aside from Cat/Griz) buying extra tickets either through MSU or the secondary market when I've needed them. I don't think anyone's getting turned away if they want to go to games, with or without season tickets.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:38 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Not everyone renews. But until we add more seating, it is what it is. I don't think they'll add end zone stands anytime soon. Those end zone cabana's bring in, too much loot to replace them. Tear down the old student section and make it bigger, than their current design. Those old damn things are a nightmare.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:55 pm

tetoncat wrote:
happens in every stadium and every sport. buckle up buttercup.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:15 pm

This might not really the place for it but if anyone is considering not renewing their season tickets my sister wants to start getting season tickets for her family. We tried to add to our existing package last year but they were out by the time we had a chance to buy. Looking to add 3-5 tickets, ideally at the low end of the price options (currently have endzone seats).

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:24 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:15 pm
This might not really the place for it but if anyone is considering not renewing their season tickets my sister wants to start getting season tickets for her family. We tried to add to our existing package last year but they were out by the time we had a chance to buy. Looking to add 3-5 tickets, ideally at the low end of the price options (currently have endzone seats).
Last year, we upgraded from endzone season tickets to the side bleachers and bumped up from 5 seats to 6. To do this, as soon as I could, I called the ticket office and let them know we were season ticket holders interested in making this jump if seats came available. They must have put a flag on my account because as soon as the season ticket renewals opened up, I received a phone call from the ticket office and it went very smoothly from there. While you may not be able to get tickets next to your current seats, I'm pretty sure there will be something available somewhere.