Housewright to Akron

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Housewright to Akron

Post by hokeyfine » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:03 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:24 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:16 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:22 am
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:49 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:29 pm
imacat wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:08 pm
I suspect that when Akron gets around to updating its website, Housewright will be on the staff.
Yeah, the old Akron OC is currently at UCLA but is still listed on the Akron roster. I’m sure there will be something out on their web page or media by the end of Spring ball.

Maybe Housewright was in charge of updating the MSU and Akron rosters. :-k
https://gozips.com/sports/football/coaches/2023
I hope he gets everything in order. I'm probably assuming this is more related to the DUI, but maybe it's something else. The DUI, while not smart, shouldn't be a career-ender. Maybe he has to go down a level for a while, but I think he's certainly talented enough to be in the football business if he wants to go through that grind. The business has changed though and for a lot of guys it's not worth it.
I was looking into the case records of his DUI to see if that had been settled and noticed that he had a civil case back around Cat/Griz that states that he got divorced. Now, it could just be someone with a similar name and I can't be sure it's him but he may be going through a lot of personal matters at the moment and I feel for him. The DUI was 100% his fault but I don't wish divorce on anyone.
Oh wow, that's a lot to deal with. The stress of that court case and the stress of a divorce--along with the usual stress of being a college football coach--has to be brutal. I personally didn't like him the last year or two, but after hearing all of this I'm definitely pulling for him to stay ahead of this and not let it derail his whole professional life.
My divorce was a long overdue bitchectomy. A lot of stress suddenly gone after I said I wanted out. 😁

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:52 am

I really hope that all ends well with the guy. He was a little cocky, but yet to be in that position you have to have an aggressive attitude, but I think he just let it get a little over and above. Maybe some of his issues personally were spilling into his coaching and hopefully he will come out of it a better coach. Good luck to him. As a lot of people say once a cat always a cat. GO cats.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:12 am

hokeyfine wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:03 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:24 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:16 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:22 am
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:49 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:29 pm
imacat wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:08 pm
I suspect that when Akron gets around to updating its website, Housewright will be on the staff.
Yeah, the old Akron OC is currently at UCLA but is still listed on the Akron roster. I’m sure there will be something out on their web page or media by the end of Spring ball.

Maybe Housewright was in charge of updating the MSU and Akron rosters. :-k
https://gozips.com/sports/football/coaches/2023
I hope he gets everything in order. I'm probably assuming this is more related to the DUI, but maybe it's something else. The DUI, while not smart, shouldn't be a career-ender. Maybe he has to go down a level for a while, but I think he's certainly talented enough to be in the football business if he wants to go through that grind. The business has changed though and for a lot of guys it's not worth it.
I was looking into the case records of his DUI to see if that had been settled and noticed that he had a civil case back around Cat/Griz that states that he got divorced. Now, it could just be someone with a similar name and I can't be sure it's him but he may be going through a lot of personal matters at the moment and I feel for him. The DUI was 100% his fault but I don't wish divorce on anyone.
Oh wow, that's a lot to deal with. The stress of that court case and the stress of a divorce--along with the usual stress of being a college football coach--has to be brutal. I personally didn't like him the last year or two, but after hearing all of this I'm definitely pulling for him to stay ahead of this and not let it derail his whole professional life.
My divorce was a long overdue bitchectomy. A lot of stress suddenly gone after I said I wanted out. 😁
I mean, divorces are expensive because they're totally worth it. I just don't wish going through a divorce on anyone. I've seen more than a couple and it doesn't seem fun while going through it, for sure.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:26 am

My divorce in 1980 was a great diet. I think I lost close to 50#...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:31 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:26 am
My divorce in 1980 was a great diet. I think I lost close to 50#...
I gained weight after mine but then dated a covert narcissist and lost the ten I gained plus another ten. I got out so easy, you should see her previous two boyfriends! 🤣🤣

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber