Which Players from the Chipper hit the Portal this week?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Which Players from the Chipper hit the Portal this week?

Post by 1890Griz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:41 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:10 am
1890Griz wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:25 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:19 pm
1890Griz wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:26 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:22 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:16 pm
1890Griz wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:12 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:38 am
nanacat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:10 pm
Saw Gilman's brother committed to the gris. Guess that means he's staying.
I guess that’s one way to get a kid to stay. Too bad his little brother can’t even get on the rides at the county fair.
Keep it classy, Monte Gillman is still in Highschool. No need to take low blows at a high school kid.
Cry me river!! 😭😭😭

The kid is listed at 5’6. You griz turds are worse at picking people apart than any fan base in the fcs. Stfu
Yep griz fans are terrible with that kind of stuff. Remember all the despicable things they said about Gunnar Brekke when he flipped his commit from um to the Cats? While still in high school, by the way Mr. 1890.
I remember them saying terrible things about Tommy after hit commit to the Cats.
There are bad apples in both Fanbases. I have nothing but respect for Tommy. He is a great athlete.
Pretty sure you have cemented yourself in the bad Apple group.
With what? The only smack I've talked regarding players is RJ Fitzgerald. 99% of your fanbase talks smack about the Hauck family. What I did was no different. Fitzgerald was a good player, and I have nothing against him personally. If that cements me as a bad apple, everyone who participated in the look alike thread, by your standard, is a bad apple.
As another posted mentioned, the Hauck’s have earned everything they get. He is the epitome of hated rival. If you really are a teenager, you may not be aware of Hauck’s history. Crap like he only refers to MSU as State because “they are not worthy of the name Montana”.

Also, as for the bad Apple comment, do you go into a friends house and call them names or degrade them? I have never posted on egriz in my life. Makes no sense to me, and makes you look like a deranged fan, especially when you put down a player.
This is the internet, it shouldn't matter on which form I post that. The haucks weren't the only people in that look alike thread, I saw many other Griz players. One should see the hypocrisy here.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:44 pm

Moving away from the discussion about Hauck, (and by the way he didni't get his reputation by accident, he created it and he deserves it. Ask some of the students at UM who majored in journalism and tried to interview him for their student newspaper,) I read this morning that Jr. Begen is staying with UM. I admire his loyalty (unless of course he got a big paycheck from the billionaire Washington guy.)

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1890Griz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:44 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:08 am
1890Griz wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:58 pm
jgrilley406 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:50 pm
Bergen staying…any official word on Gillman I know his brother committed but nothing official…regardless if no WR leaves the qb is gonna be surrounded with weapons and will return 2022 starting TE who didn’t play this year due to injury and was really productive when he did play.
No official word yet on Gillman. However, everything indicates that he’s returning in 2024. I've heard that the trio (Fontes, Bergan, and White) are all staying. O-Line is the position group I'm worried about.Word is Grimsrud is hanging it up, but that is just a rumor as of now. Grossman has also put on 25 pounds since last season, looking for his third consecutive All-American status this coming season.
Lots of OL developmental depth attained this year; not so much on the DL, correct?
DL is pretty thin going into ‘24. Jareb Ramos is apparently really good, although he rarely touched the field this last season. So yes, I think that’s correct.

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1890Griz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:47 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:20 am
I just have to saw can we not do the egriz thing of calling players by a mis-name on purpose. Do it to Hauck that's fine. But come on let's call McDowell by his name. Respect those college students.

Also, to add to the earlier discussion, I was at the game that Ah Yat played during in Missoula this year. I thought he looked like the best qb on their team. Spins it good. Missed some throes but he's a true freshman. McDowell took too many sacks. Unfortunately for Ah Yat Bobby has a history of bringing in transfers to start over homegrown talent.

I think it was a podcast I heard there was some NIL money out there for McDowell. So someone sees enough to do give him some.

Ah yat's dad played back when I would cheer for the Griz in the playoffs. Bobby ruined that.
Ah Yat is probably better than any transfer Bobby will bring in. Half of his incompletions last season were drops by the receivers.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:47 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:44 pm
Moving away from the discussion about Hauck, (and by the way he didni't get his reputation by accident, he created it and he deserves it. Ask some of the students at UM who majored in journalism and tried to interview him for their student newspaper,) I read this morning that Jr. Begen is staying with UM. I admire his loyalty (unless of course he got a big paycheck from the billionaire Washington guy.)
A lot of gris players and fans don’t like Hauck. Players spend most of their time with position coaches so it’s probably not a huge deal. McDowell hated Hauck.

This year was an aberration with SAC and Weber getting new coaches and UM playing a light schedule and MSU playing a heavy schedule. UM could’ve just as easily been 6-5 this year. I give them credit though for staying with it. They got their confidence going late in the year but were back to their usual selves in the end. The wins over Furman and NDSU were weak. From listening to postgame interviews, I don’t think they really learned from the experience. Remind a little bit of the Colgate from 2003.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:16 pm

iaafan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:47 pm
aucat wrote:
A lot of gris players and fans don’t like Hauck. Players spend most of their time with position coaches so it’s probably not a huge deal. McDowell hated Hauck.

This year was an aberration with SAC and Weber getting new coaches and UM playing a light schedule and MSU playing a heavy schedule. UM could’ve just as easily been 6-5 this year. I give them credit though for staying with it. They got their confidence going late in the year but were back to their usual selves in the end. The wins over Furman and NDSU were weak. From listening to postgame interviews, I don’t think they really learned from the experience. Remind a little bit of the Colgate from 2003.
I know I'm a broken record but playing games at home for them is absolutely the difference maker. I'm saying around 14 points. It is a huge advantage for MSU as well, but probably not quite that much... maybe 10. That's why most knowledgeable fans knew is was extremely likely SDSU was going to beat them convincingly in Frisco. Honestly I'm surprised they only lost 20 to 3. SDSU did not play well in the first half, surprisingly. That game could have gotten ugly in a hurry if not for some luck breaks that went the Griz way.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1890Griz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:17 pm

iaafan wrote:
aucat wrote:

Most Griz players like Hauck, there a few who don't. If players didn't like him, we would see a whole lot more players transfer.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:03 pm

1890Griz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:17 pm
iaafan wrote:
aucat wrote:

Most Griz players like Hauck, there a few who don't. If players didn't like him, we would see a whole lot more players transfer.
Haha, give me a break. Money talks and ****** walks, it has never been truer than right now.

I got beach front property in Malta if you want it? Chances are you don’t know where that even is.

If your left, you aren’t right.

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1890Griz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:12 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:03 pm
1890Griz wrote:
iaafan wrote:
aucat wrote:

Haha, give me a break. Money talks and ****** walks, it has never been truer than right now.

I got beach front property in Malta if you want it? Chances are you don’t know where that even is.
Malta, the town in Montana, is in Northeast Montana. The country is in the middle of the Mediterranean, near Italy and Tunisia. I'm very, very knowledgeable when it comes to geography.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:26 pm

1890Griz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:12 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
1890Griz wrote:
iaafan wrote:
aucat wrote:

Malta, the town in Montana, is in Northeast Montana. The country is in the middle of the Mediterranean, near Italy and Tunisia. I'm very, very knowledgeable when it comes to geography.
I bet you are. Nothing worse than someone that has to tell you how well traveled they are or how much they know geography. Would fit right in with downtown Bozeman, while sitting in a coffee shop. Do you have a smokers coat, if you don’t, you’re full of ******.

If your left, you aren’t right.

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1890Griz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:43 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:26 pm
1890Griz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:12 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
1890Griz wrote:
iaafan wrote:
aucat wrote:

I bet you are. Nothing worse than someone that has to tell you how well traveled they are or how much they know geography. Would fit right in with downtown Bozeman, while sitting in a coffee shop. Do you have a smokers coat, if you don’t, you’re full of ******.
****** off with that downtown Bozeman ******. Next time don't add in a snarky comment and then get pissed off when the person knows more than you

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:01 pm

With as great as the gris claim to be, how come none of their players went FBS? Look at the SI story in another thread. Not one gris player ranked in the Offensive top ten. Look on Twitter and FB at all the articles and comments about Bergen staying and how grateful they are that they have so much money with their good ol boy fundraiser. All douches. Look like a bunch of whiny beggars trying to get Bergen to stay. I look at our guys leaving as because they had opportunity. I look at the gris guys staying as zero opportunity.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:42 pm

1890Griz wrote:
iaafan wrote:
aucat wrote:

I totally agree with this. We may think the guy is absolutely trash. And he is. But his guys would run through a brick wall for him. Listen to any interview from his first or second stop in Missoula and the players talk very highly of him.

Hating the griz since 02.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:31 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:29 am
lutecat wrote:
I just have to saw can we not do the egriz thing of calling players by a mis-name on purpose. Do it to Hauck that's fine. But come on let's call McDowell by his name. Respect those college students.

Also, to add to the earlier discussion, I was at the game that Ah Yat played during in Missoula this year. I thought he looked like the best qb on their team. Spins it good. Missed some throes but he's a true freshman. McDowell took too many sacks. Unfortunately for Ah Yat Bobby has a history of bringing in transfers to start over homegrown talent.

I think it was a podcast I heard there was some NIL money out there for McDowell. So someone sees enough to do give him some.

Ah yat's dad played back when I would cheer for the griz in the playoffs. Bobby ruined that.
I thought the whole point if calling McDowell by a different name was the whole "or whatever its called" comment.
Ok. I can accept that. You can call him Mcdonald or whatever he's called.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:42 pm

1890Griz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:47 pm
lutecat wrote:

Ah yat's dad played back when I would cheer for the Griz in the playoffs. Bobby ruined that.
Ah Yat is probably better than any transfer Bobby will bring in. Half of his incompletions last season were drops by the receivers.
Ok I don't mind you dude but you are starting to come off as naive. Ah Yat is a true freshman. True freshman. So for you to say a transfer probably won't be better is pretty naive. Unless Ah Yat is a world beater right now...and he made some poor throws in that game....there could easily be a better player transfer. That's just not haucks MO to start a redshirt freshman qb.

My point is it's very rare for Hauck to start a kid that was a high school recruit of the griz by his senior year. He always brings in transfers. His best qb's have been transfers. I'm not insulting Ah Yat.

1890Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 1890Griz » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:16 pm

lutecat wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:42 pm
1890Griz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:47 pm
lutecat wrote:

Ok I don't mind you dude but you are starting to come off as naive. Ah Yat is a true freshman. True freshman. So for you to say a transfer probably won't be better is pretty naive. Unless Ah Yat is a world beater right now...and he made some poor throws in that game....there could easily be a better player transfer. That's just not haucks MO to start a redshirt freshman qb.

My point is it's very rare for Hauck to start a kid that was a high school recruit of the griz by his senior year. He always brings in transfers. His best qb's have been transfers. I'm not insulting Ah Yat.
The point I was aiming at was that any QB Hauck brings in, probably won’t be super good. He could surprise me and bring in a really good transfer. I might be a little too high on Ah Yat, but I like what I see. With more experience he will clean up those mistakes we saw throughout the season.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:26 pm

This thread is long overdue to be moved to the College Athletics forum. FFS.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:37 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:49 pm
Okay, if it’s Bergan or Gilman that goes with I am fine with that. 😂

Coming soon…Ah Yat vs Hu Hot?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:19 pm

Can you imagine if special teams coaches wise up in 2024 and understand if your kickoffs are touchbacks and you’re willing to punt out of bounds, you basically take Bergan out of the game.

Punters are people too!!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:45 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:19 pm
Can you imagine if special teams coaches wise up in 2024 and understand if your kickoffs are touchbacks and you’re willing to punt out of bounds, you basically take Bergan out of the game.
How about your holder get it on the kickers spot three or four times out of five? At least within two feet on a consistent basis so the kicker isn't continually having to chop his approach...